What's new

Best cheapeast mini splits??

MtnLivin

Yes that's right, the BEST and CHEAPEST mini splits. I know what all the best units are and that's obviously what I should be buying. But unfortunately some funds for this project had to be dispersed in a differerent direction and I had no control over it. So here I am, I am in need 9 two ton units and as cheap as possible. I can install and have my buddy come in and vacuum the lines. So install isn't an issue. These can be replaced in a few months if need be. I just need something to get me by for now.

Does anyone have experience with the coolmart units? I can get them for $950 a piece out the door...

Last edited:

MrBungle

If I was going to install 9 units I'd want 9 decent units not 9 headache units... but I guess after installing a few you'll have it perfected

Mr. Miyagi

I've been looking at the one 9k units on ebay for $500.... at that price, if you're growing and moving that much herbage, they're almost disposable.

coldcanna

Veteran
Check acwholesalers website. Found 5 ton Goodman split system for 3600. Run half your rooms on opposite time will cut back your needs, also doing a humidity dump with fans for an hour at lights off will help with humidity. If it were me i would run everything at night and cool with outside air before i got a bunch of shitty gear, but im up north and maybe thats not possible for you. There's a guy on the boards here his name is Quegqueg or something like that, very smart helpful guy and knows his hvac shit

Mr. Miyagi

Check acwholesalers website. Found 5 ton Goodman split system for 3600. Run half your rooms on opposite time will cut back your needs, also doing a humidity dump with fans for an hour at lights off will help with humidity. If it were me i would run everything at night and cool with outside air before i got a bunch of shitty gear, but im up north and maybe thats not possible for you. There's a guy on the boards here his name is Quegqueg or something like that, very smart helpful guy and knows his hvac shit

LOL, Oh I WISH, there's only maybe a month at best to use outside air that's cool enough

MtnLivin

The only thing cheap in these rooms will be these temperorary mini splits. I have Quest Dual 215's in every room to control humidity. I found a local place that has Mideas at a decent price. Anyone use the Midea units?

Lapides

Rosin Junky and Certified Worm Wrangler
Veteran
Mr Cool DIY Mini Split.

Cheap, reliable, great reviews, and very easy installation.

I installed one this summer, one of the hottest I can remember. Kept things nice and chilly.

MtnLivin

Mr Cool DIY Mini Split.

Cheap, reliable, great reviews, and very easy installation.

I installed one this summer, one of the hottest I can remember. Kept things nice and chilly.

I keep hearing about this and it's all positive feedback. They have the best warranty on any of the lower priced units I've seen!

Mr. Miyagi

hmmm...2x the price of the ebay units...but may be worth it... when it's time for the mini split, I may have to check these guys out!

Desert Hydro

Veteran
i get mine in MEX for super cheap. like DIRT CHEAP lol. i think i paid 325 ish for my 18k. the same unit and same brand goes for 1000 or more online. i can also get small ones that plug into 110v outlets as well.

this probably doesnt help you at all, and probably leads to more frustration lol