What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Preventative maintenance.

MtnLivin

If you were starting four 12 light rooms built inside a warehouse, what preventative measures would you take against bugs and disease? I have an idea of what I want to do, but I'm curious to see what the masses have to say.

Let's discuss....

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some of this may be redundant.

Contact applications in veg, residual prior to flip (targeting pest and pathogen).

Clean all incoming genetics, gear, whatever. Follow up new introductions of anything with a control measure.

Don't listen to closet hacks. People like DHF, Krunch and DJM spit gold. Buy a very good sprayer (Fogger, paint gun, etc).

Two of everything. Do not rely on one miticide, one fungicide, etc. Rotate by MOA.

Read up on IPM. It really is more than just spraying.

Pick a day of the week with a bit of free time (lmfao or the day with the least work). This is scout day. Scout plants and sticky traps. Avoid hypochondria.

All of your problems will come from apathy, complacency and the infamous "I think that will be ok". You may still be honeymooning but that will pass.

Latest posts

Latest posts