What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Peak Seeds Northern Lights

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Northern Lights is still a great variety. There’s something solid about it both in growth and experience. My next little indoor grow will be 90% NL1 from a Spanish seed company. Surprisingly, some seed lines are definitely better than others, even after the amount of selection and breeding done on the NL line.

Long may northern lights shine :)
Couldn't agree more, Nl sure is a bruiser out in the bush. Seems it or its crosses can take a bit more abuse compared to the others. I had some Nl siblings pop up and grow on their own after throwing handfuls of seed in my yard this year. Also had one growing on its own when I showed up at the plot this year. Nl #1 sounds like it would have been my favorite out of the famous Nl cuts (#1,#2 & #5)

Mine are like that. It's the Thai lineage surfacing. Mine are semi autos but just grow forever. Buds are a little airy like a sativa. Great floral smoke. Everyone loves her.
Never have grown out a pure Thai but I can see the resemblance compared with photos of Thai. I also noticed a curious trait in all the Peaks Nl's I've run... It looks like all the leaflets are trying their hardest to spread out from the center one in the fan leaves. You can see it a little bit in the above photos. Have you noticed this trait in your's Tycho?

Those floral notes sure are nice, the smell takes me back to when there was Nl going around when I was in high school and it was one of the few "named" varieties going around. Such a classic strain.

JustSumTomatoes

Been sampling the Nl as it's been curing for about two weeks now and you really can tell the potency kicks up with time. Great, classic strain... Perfect for novice or expert alike. Very true to the no-odor namesake. Although no weed is stink free, this is the mild, sweet, floral/piney smell that doesn't reek up the neighborhood. Maybe a factor in this strain standing the test of time all these years... Not getting busted with skunky buds that stink up the countryside. The smell is reminiscent of what I call the wonderful memory laden fragrance of grandmas house. You know what I'm talking about. In fact, I'm baked on it right now. :) Great stuff.

noknees

Been sampling the Nl as it's been curing for about two weeks now and you really can tell the potency kicks up with time. Great, classic strain... Perfect for novice or expert alike. Very true to the no-odor namesake. Although no weed is stink free, this is the mild, sweet, floral/piney smell that doesn't reek up the neighborhood. Maybe a factor in this strain standing the test of time all these years... Not getting busted with skunky buds that stink up the countryside. The smell is reminiscent of what I call the wonderful memory laden fragrance of grandmas house. You know what I'm talking about. In fact, I'm baked on it right now. :) Great stuff.

:) :tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

Never have grown out a pure Thai but I can see the resemblance compared with photos of Thai. I also noticed a curious trait in all the Peaks Nl's I've run... It looks like all the leaflets are trying their hardest to spread out from the center one in the fan leaves. You can see it a little bit in the above photos. Have you noticed this trait in your's Tycho?

Yup. All of them. Nice structure.

Kalbhairav

~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~
Veteran
I will but not in this thread. Only because they aren’t from Peak Seeds.

My seed are from a Spanish seed bank called Genehtik. Their marketing blurb says their NL was taken from the Netherlands in the 80s and then bred into the current version they sell as seed. No idea if that’s true but sounds a little more interesting than the rest of the NL seed lines being sold in the EU. Plus, the pictures I found of the flowers looked a hell of a lot more dense than other NL lines I’ve seen. Who knows, it might be a hybrid and they’re not telling the truth. You can never tell these days..

JustSumTomatoes

Got to love that classic old-school bud structure. Not nearly as compact as some Indicas. This plant was totally mold free, Nl's like anti-freeze from the great white north.

Attachments

• 20191115_020039.jpg
    20191115_020039.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 52

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Yep. Massive NL colas with at most 1/4oz of wet mold (out of 30lbs) and that was on a branch that was on the ground sitting on a piece of wood.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BTW, that wheel barrow is not a kid's toy. It's full garden size.

JustSumTomatoes

Wow man, that's really the sight that I needed to brighten up my day :) Definitely one of my favorite strains, all round darn good plant. Maybe a little more bland in the smell and flavor department, but in way that's a good thing too.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Thanks.

I found this bag from 2018 a couple months ago (I had weed all over the fucking place. lol). Potent and a really smooth floral smoke. Not my cup of tea but people love it.
picture.php

I had an open pollination of it this year so I have about 30k seeds. I'm feminizing them this winter because I'm not going thru that again. lol

noknees

hey JST + tycho + all y'all

any tips growing this beast outside? seems like a hardy girl, but for me she would have to tolerate some real heat + hard sunshine. would prefer to grow in a container, (what size?) but building a bed may be possible. fully organic in either case. getting acquainted with her now. TIA :tiphat:

JustSumTomatoes

hey JST + tycho + all y'all

any tips growing this beast outside? seems like a hardy girl, but for me she would have to tolerate some real heat + hard sunshine. would prefer to grow in a container, (what size?) but building a bed may be possible. fully organic in either case. getting acquainted with her now. TIA :tiphat:
Nl pretty much grows itself, no exaggeration. I threw some seeds off my Nl plants in my yard for the birds to eat, and plants popped up on their own lol. Also found a waist-high plant in the big Nl bag when I returned to the plot the following season. Just keep it watered in the heat and you'll be just fine. I've grown mine in 15 gallons and 5 1/2 gallons. if you want a monster than use a 15 gallon with good quality soil or larger. Get out there and plant early. She's a classic, will always have a place in my heart.

Beautiful Work JustSumTomatoes & TychoMonolyth
Thank you very much! :tiphat:

noknees

very stout, vigorous, hardy plants so far. :)

Nl pretty much grows itself, no exaggeration. I threw some seeds off my Nl plants in my yard for the birds to eat, and plants popped up on their own lol. Also found a waist-high plant in the big Nl bag when I returned to the plot the following season. Just keep it watered in the heat and you'll be just fine. I've grown mine in 15 gallons and 5 1/2 gallons. if you want a monster than use a 15 gallon with good quality soil or larger. Get out there and plant early. She's a classic, will always have a place in my heart.

phew i'd have used too big of a container for sure. you used the word "monster" MJ said "giant"

i hope to find a relatively quick finisher with good density and keep her. :tiphat:

JustSumTomatoes

A friendly heads up, I just recieved word that Peak may not be doing business outside the great white north in the near future. I had a feeling it would happen soon, may be a good time to stock up.

H G Griffin

420giveaway
A friendly heads up, I just recieved word that Peak may not be doing business outside the great white north in the near future. I had a feeling it would happen soon, may be a good time to stock up.

Not surprising, though unfortunate for non-Canadians.

I'm guessing with the clone shipping business doing well he doesn't need the potential extra attention that can come with shipping seeds across the border.

Nirrity

why he wouldn't sell through major global retailer? realgorilla seeds, 'tude, whatever.. with cash in envelope and covid complications at the moment it will take however long even if someone wanna buy seeds.

Latest posts

Latest posts