What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Snype's RDWC Construction Tutorial For 250 Watts - 7,600 Watts!

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I do not recall Snype discussing how many watts or GPH of air to run through each container. Does anyone have suggestions??

I went with the General Hydroponic quiet ones, which are only 8 watt and 320 PPH for 4 containers, so only 2 watt and 80 gph per container. I am also shooting the water from the pump into the reservoir.

I do recall him or someone saying that the recirculation of the water adds oxygen.

fido

I am just about to start running plants in the system I made. I need advice on whether to go sterile or live reservoir.

If sterile, how do you know how much bleach to add. Also is it bad to let water touch the hydroton? If so, how far should water be under the basket? Is an ORP/Redux meter needed?

I have hydroguard, great white, and all the stuff to make heisenberg tea. Would really like to go live reservoir, since myc is great for the plants.

snype belived in a sterile res
no teas
nothing living

fido

he did
in detail
check some of his other started threads
you'll find what you are looking for.
also check the heath robinson and bill liar threads
these guys are masters
dhf too.
you will find great info on hydro stuff with those guys
good luck with your project!
fido

fido

he did
in detail
check some of his other started threads
you'll find what you are looking for.
also check the heath robinson and bill liar threads
these guys are masters
dhf too.
you will find great info on hydro stuff with those guys
good luck with your project!
fido

that^^^was to your question about lph should be running thru the system.

fido

NP snype, glad to see you around. Hopefully feeling a little better.

https://www.reliantrubberco.com/
sales@reliantrubbercompany.com
Phone: (800) 875-7376

These are stupid cheap. Like 10-15 cents a piece, i cant find my invoice i think i shreded it already. So you will have lots of backups and more for expansions when needed. Minimum order is 250. Takes a couple days to make and a couple more to ship, its not overnight.

Washer 3/16" thickness x 1-7/8" ID x 2-1/4" OD Neoprene, Black in 50 durometer

I also picked up the Cantex 5140047C pieces from www.hardwareworld.com

NOTE: If picking up the 1.5" Male PVC Trap Adapter from lowes/home depot be sure it does not have the nipple on the threaded side. I had to go to city i work in to get them as both lowes/hd by my house only had ones with nipple. I will see if i can find one and take a pic. I dont understand why they put the nipple on the thread side as it would interfere with making a secure connection but im no pvc expert either. I think someone (stonefree?) posted a better electrical version of this piece but i didn't see it till later.

Hope this helps.

thanks for the detailed info

Latest posts

Latest posts