What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yayyy! My first colloidal silver generator (photo)

W

Wannabreed

hi,

Why using the CS trick when you dont know the phenotype, i means it would be used to cross 2 well know females (no hermie, selected traits like vigor & potency)
Btw using it to cross 2 elite cuts (or 2 nice selected females of very different var.) [and then doing a selection to get a clone only] is the most usual way no ?
Whatever on my side i tested this trick with well known plants.
Nice thread ^^

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wannabreed said:
hi,

Why using the CS trick when you dont know the phenotype, i means it would be used to cross 2 well know females (no hermie, selected traits like vigor & potency)
Btw using it to cross 2 elite cuts (or 2 nice selected females of very different var.) [and then doing a selection to get a clone only] is the most usual way no ?
Whatever on my side i tested this trick with well known plants.
Nice thread ^^

the reason for this is that im going to use these fem seeds for guerrilla growing in corn.
the strain is an old local IBL strain and potency range and pheno variation isnt that big anyway, but your right i cant select for potency but when the range isnt that big any way and ive never seen a Danish Passion that wast sticky so the fact that i have to go with vigor and grow patterns in the selection isnt worrying my a lot and keeping me sleepless at night

im going guerrilla big time next year with a partner and investing all that time and money for 1000 pots, nutrients, the time involved in germination, taking care of seedlings and planting them all out at night and then maybe only getting 400 females is worrying me as i want to maximize the harvest of my efforts
and besides that theres extra time involved in inspecting and removing males of they werent feminized.

as im using 20 plants or so in total and pollen from 4 plants im not worried about getting potent female seeds
but what worries me is what happens when i start spraying 2 weeks before i know if the plants are females or not.
how do i see which bananas that are feminised and what are regular pollen.

next year i want 1000 of these and not 500 males

img0236xal0.jpg

img0312xnb6.jpg

Last edited:
W

Wannabreed

Wow much weed, nice to get the hightest hash quality hmm ? ;D
Oh yes, produce your seeds indoor, using well know females like i did actually i get 100% females ratio on ~30 plants tested (plenty flowerized indoor...)

It's as funny than pathetic that i got the seeds but i didnt planned to use them in guerrilla, but if it was yep ~100% females and they are also relatively fast flowering... ^^

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
So does any one actually have an idea on on what happens if we start spraying plants in vegetative stage without knowing the sex in advance?

FarmerGreen

nope. Just try it. Chances are the females will put out buds as well as balls, so you can probably assume they were females to start with

W

Wannabreed

This would produce males flowers on sprayed plants.
You should not do it imo ^^

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i know that females that are treated with CS before going 12/12 will turn out balls but what with males that are treated with CS before flowering
how will they react and how to tell treated males and females apart when the sex is unknown when beginning the spray before they are sexed?

W

Wannabreed

Hey Gunnarguchi for the few i know Silver (like maybe other heavy elements ?) impeach ethylen, and once again for the few i know this ethylen helps in producing the female flowers. Such massive CS would reveal "blind" females or something like that, i didnt tested it. Let's see what others members will reply ^^

goldking

Hello again, i just fired up my CS generator,its been a while, after brillo padding all the black corrosion off my 2 silver ingots.

for a while back i was gifted a LAPURE cutting from a friend here, i used her for a mom and her cuts became some very sweet hard nugged Kush so i,m gonna make a batch of LA PURE S1s

i.ll start treating one of the 2 selected LA Pure ladys (clones) tomorrow, for 2 weeks or so, then i put both of them into 12/12

my other CS projects have turned out so good, i,ve grown 100s of SD s1s for several years now, and each one grew to be a flawless delicious beauty.

so why not La Pure S1s

i sure miss c-bay hehe

happy New years folks GK

goldking

I have, you use female pollen on a diff strain, you get female cross,s. Why Not?

IMO the more distant the genetics are, the less chance of a male or hermie will appear.

IMO 2 cuts from the same plant is like Incest, their off spring have a greater chance of being wierd, a M and a F from the same lot of seeds is not guite the same as 2 female clones from the same plant bred together after one is switched to male.

I have no problems when selfing 2 of the same strain if their from 2 diff seeds from the same lot., there has to be a tad diff in genes , more so then with 2 clones from the same mom??? IMO anyway

you can 12/12 mature plant from seeds and at the first sign of sex, put 2 females

back in 24/7 and treat one with CS and let the other one reveg and grow more.

I,ve bought S1s from established Pro,s and got 50% males and mutants and hermies

OGKush from auction was the worse.

GK

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Why would two identical sets of genes cause a problem, would it not just be a clone in seed form? Something to do with crossing over or some other mix up in meiosis?

Just to answer some of the questions i've seen...

I don't know if you need the silver on both ends, but electrons actually travel from the negative side to the positive side believe it or not, so just having silver on the positive side wouldn't work.

I can't imagine there is a shelf life for this mix because the silver will just settle on the bottom...shake it up..water may evaporate, but silver will not. If the water does evaporate you will just have a more concentrated mix..

Of course nothing happens when the alligator clip touches the water, I think bubble puppy got excited when nothing bad happened, thats not the point...when the alligator clip touches the water then the path of least resistance is now bypassing the silver and just going clip to clip...we want to make it so it HAS to travel through the silver thats why it can't touch.

If it does shock you, it won't kill you...DC voltage cannot hurt you in that sense...no more than liking a 9V.

just a side note...the effect of forming tails of silver off of the coin is why computers slow down after a couple of years, even with a fresh install...the electrons are actually taking some of the metal with them as they travel...

And phenomenal...what i'm about to say is all in good fun...not tryin to be a hater even though its gonna come out wrong...being in IT is no excuse to not know about electronics...it will actually help you...in fact you of all people SHOULD know about electronics..

I couldn't imagine doing what I do without having an understanding of whats going on inside...it gives you a better conceptual understanding of things and also allows you to troubleshoot certain things with greater ease.

But man this is one of the greatest, most interesting threads i've seen on here and brings each one of us one step closer to living in our self-reliant, anti-conformist, bubble that i feel we all so desire.

Thanks again..

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran

This is a little project i worked on over the weekend: a colloidal silver generator. this is two silver wires sticking out of styrofoam shoved into the mouth of a jar of distilled water.

shot of the water

u can see the silver wires in the water.

Five hours later you get this.

the wire looks tarnished/dirty where it was submerged into the water.

Looking to self some seeds, maybe one clone out of every batch. im not gonna harvest the pollen, just leave it in there and hope i dont get too many seeds. it's not breezy in there, i have a circulating fan but its higher up (sucks cause it doesnt really move the branches, but that's fine with me i can always prop them up when they get too heavy).
:joint:

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Thankyou very much everybody for their positive comments and contributions, thoughts, ideas and thought-provoking questions to this thread, it's good to see it still alive and well.

I had no idea when I started this thread it would continue building like it has eheh, but it gives me warm fuzzies to know that a lot of other people have now been able to easily and affordably create their own colloidal silver for use in creating feminised beans :) :) :)

Enjoy!!!

L

LolaGal

Be careful with colloidal silver. People were told to drink it for health reasons and they turned silver colored.....I've seen cases where the face turns silver grey color and hands. It is irreversible condition once it ocurrs......

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
LolaGal, yes if you drink homemade colloidal silver you should know its exact PPM level so that it's equivalent to that which you'd get from a pharmacy/drugstore. Apparently it's good for you in moderation, but that seems controversial too.

Here is an apparent example of the end result of drinking too much colloidal silver in your time:
blueman_nobug.jpg

This thread is purely about using it for feminising seeds though ... :)

hardhat22

I appreciate all the info folks.My CS turned a violet/amethyst color a couple of
days after producing it.Has anyone else seen this?I can see the silver particles,so I believe there is SOME silver there.
I bought the silver wire from a chic in Hawaii through ebay.Supposedly it's 99.9,but when I went to my ebay to ask her about it her account was gone,Lol.Don't tell me that after 9 years on ebay I finally get ripped off....
I've only been treating the plant for a week with no ill effects.I dumped the first batch and made another in a clean,non-leaded chrystal bowl with the same results.Any suggestions on a better silver wire supplier?I gotta go cheap.No silver bars for me,Lol.
Peace

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
Silver, even pure silver, is quite cheap ... approximately US$11 per ounce, compared with gold at US$850 per ounce, so shop around, there's plenty out there :)