What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

iPhone 5 difficulties

Vivianna

I had recently dropped my phone in the toilet.. It still works.. except when I put it on the charger it doesn't say it's charging. Yet, the percentage goes up every 5 or so minutes. Throughout the night while on the charger it will go up to no more than 30 percent. Is it my battery thats messed up? But with my battery case it charges normally. (Phone case that charges your phone.) And its not the charger thats messed up, I've tried many chargers. Is there any way to fix this problem?

justpassnthru

Veteran
old thread but...
When it is electronic, it has to be 'dried' out before plugged in. Then you just clench your jaw hoping it'll work. The flaw with iPhone is not being able to easily remove the battery when something like that happens.

I take it you don't have a replacement insurance program?
Have you visited an apple store yet? That can be a fun experience. I sure learned plenty while there.

Seems I locked myself out of mine and knew I'd lose all my data...hum, all the phone #'s etc was on a apple account and I managed to get my phone #'s and data back. Plus, I now know how to use the damn thing! :) jpt