What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A World On A String

T

THE PABLOS

On the other side....Strange Days and Untopped Krutch

On the other side....Strange Days and Untopped Krutch

White Fly...a moment without those insects I have not known in years. Don't use bombs in my grow zones...dismiss sprays as sloppy and primitive(though I will use them to thin the population)...my vessel is not sealed...it sails with the elements then.

I've found White Fly to be not that bad....even when thick...they are more a mind fuck than destructive to the weeds. I've gotten past the mind fucking...and now we tolerate each other. I actually watch the White Fly....I've studied them quite close up.....and learned that they are very adept at picking out the dying plants....they love to hang on those...and torture the plants until I have mercy and perform the cut. Sort of my coworkers. They are fine looking bugs up close as well...lol..

I mention all this nonsense....so when you see them in my pix...you will understand what exactly is going on....the more ranky/stanky...resin encrusted leaves.....the more the White Fly....they know what they like to get stuck in.

So here we go....Strange Days and Karoline Krutch at harvest day 63....2wks of flushing....the stank off these plants is like Dreamland.....after coming off a bunch of Hazes....these are like getting drown in a tar pit of dripping rotten fruit. I can not get enough of these aromas.

Strange Days= LUI X blended pollen from GK and BS2.2

Karoline Krutch (aka The Krutch)= AKH x SB X GK

KK on left....SD on the right (in most the pix)

Strange Days...note the foxtails....the Blue coloring...she is the more stanky of the two....rotten/funky berries....covered in glands...if this aroma fails to transition to flavor I will want to understand why. If it does transition....it should be a top shelf berry....I know she will be potent. I consider this a successful grow...the plant is gnarly as gnarly can be....I'm most pleased. You will see these running through again.

Blueberry influences all the day long....

I'm gearing for more indica related themes....I might fill the garden with such creations in time. I'm starting to see something....a few more dots to connect...but I've got the scent...reading the sign I've seen on the trails. Really crazy shit I'm seeing.

Off the top of my head: Blueberry (Grape Krush is New Age BB)....when used in outcrosses....I prefer them washed down into two different routes before reconnecting. Strange Days is one wash....U-Shine will be the second wash. Then we blend and get serious about the vision quest....the pathway. I'm not at all obsessed with BB... I think of it as one of the most overused varieties in other people's work. I'm experimenting with this "washing" method of an IBL (BB) partially to get a feel for how many washes and selections it takes to lose or modify the BB traits into something more unique. Being unique while outcrossing with BB is not the easiest task...I can tell you that....especially while wanting to keep the ornamental aspects of the plants.

In this light...I like and I'm surprised how well the AbusiveKushHaze X Sour Bubble dominated the Grape Krush....I'm very interested to see how that one smokes out. I was really expecting the GK to show up....but I'm not feeling it at all. Very glad to have outcrossed this into Prune Juice. That actually will become more important down the road. Get into some different spins.

T

THE PABLOS

Smoking Pudding....

Smoking Pudding....

Dry sieve Original Haze X Skunk #1

Screened through my pollen box....the powder then warmed up (between 2 plates...one inverted over the other) under the Sol for a few hours while I ran....upon my return....finger pressed.

This is not a "Hash Plant"....the amount of flowers I used to make this...were...many.

I smoke my hash...in a ceramic bowl...no screen. I melt the hash with a ceramic solder wand (bought at Frys) while holding the bowl downward....letting it puddle away from the inhalation hole...slowly drawing on the vapors. Pretty pure.

All hash taste like....hash...to me. I still prefer flowers. This hash vaporizes into a white smoke....there is no fruit....more a creamy incense....that I can not be more specific on....incense wise...as the initial flavor is overtaken by a strong hash flavor.

In aroma....while fingering the hash...it again...has no fruit (a lot of hash I've made off indica dominants has a fruity smell)....no vanilla...no chocolate...no incenses....smells like hash.

The high....clear...racey at 1st....then pretty mellow after an hr or so. A very nice head.....that stays with you.

2-COOH

Hey THE PABLOS, that is some BEAUTIFUL tan hash man!
I tried making a little sift jar out of 100 micron stainless screen, an idea I got from StSM himself 2.jpg . Didnt work, turned my bud into fine dust? May need further research.
So I went back to the quick iso wash and turned this: 3.jpg into this: DSCF2907
I have never had keif so I cannot comment on it. I agree with you that hash is hash taste wise, but for me it kinda feels like a different vibe/reality than flowers.
I enjoy hash quite thoroughly actually. And must say this newer technique to me (qwick wash), i feel is much better than the water hash. Both potency(a mindbender) and taste. I definitely noticed that 10 sec wash will give you an almost tasteless pure power hash, while upto 30 sec gives you a much more flavorful and sticky hash, but both still very different than that "traditional" hash taste/smell I would describe almost as "hamburgery/piney".
Im under its influence at the moment and apologize for proselytizing/promoting this, but your hash pics got me excited...yay hash!:thank you:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice PABLOS, hope yer wife got some. :D

Man, 2-COOH, at least you didn't use butane, we'd get a good rant out of Pablos then! :biglaugh:
I kinda agree about the water hash, been doing it 7 yrs. and there have only been 2 times I was fully happy w/ the end results.
It always has that overlying hash taste, superseding the nuances of the buds' terpenes.
I've had the same screened box 20 yrs. I work all bud over it, but the kif has never been any great reward to me. I often let it sit on the glass for wks before I scrape it, and I would think that amt of time would have a diminishing effect on it. Very much treated as a by-product.
Recently made my 1st run of bho and was astounded by the potency there, but in general, I prefer bud straight-up. ;)

Sorry for continuing this bent, get us back on track, brother! :D

T

THE PABLOS

Yes gentlemen....hash is a very important subject. Something to getting down to the bare plant essences.

I've used my 7 screen Bubble Bags for the last 6 yrs....and where at first I could not wait to make the mud...now it is a serious chore...and I have a freezer full of vacc sealed bags of trim. Water technology is indeed an efficient way of making larger batches of hash. Generally I find the 73 micron screen and below the start of the good stuff. Hit the yellow bag and things start getting to where I like them.

My problem with making bubble....and in smoking bubble...is the mess that is made every time I go about it. I really can't get into hash after it has been made into goop at the bottom of the bowl....and that always happens...because the hash smoker tends to get lazy and forgetful about finishing the piece. Have a few friends over....and it gets worse. The bowl turns sticky and it's hard to get a clear defined flavor....just tastes like hash.

Out here our way of smoking....is a one hit....we don't pass bongs or pipes unless there is a freshie in it. It is bad manners to pass a bowl with anything but a freshie in it. So smoking bubble socially is just a big old PITA. Lined in joints is usually how we go about it in social situations...and even then it takes care not to add too much and clog the joint up.

I like my dry sieve the best. I only take the cream off the top....don't bounce it over zealously....no green stuff. I bounce it only once...and not for long. I only have a little pollen box I use for that....but as I only make small head stash amounts....it is ample...and filters pollen finely as well.

True I make hash mostly for my wife....she is Euro....and has not been Americanized fully(in no way a bad thing)....she still reverts to hash....but no tobacco thankfully. I like quality hash....no misunderstandings....but I still find the most flavor in flowers.....not sure I understand why....but that is my honest findings. If you are looking to get way fucked up.....sit down with a ball of hash and go for it. I've seen more than two peeps get physically sick....and one pass out....while swilling beer and smoking my bubble. Alcohol and hash....look out.

This hash I'm smoking....yup top shelf dry sieve...I like it for my private sessions.....and it is a more "crisp" high. By slowly heating it into vapor....much nicer on the lungs and throat as compared to flowers. Healthier. Follow it up with an old fashion "thumb crusher" of bud....and I'm over the top.....basically retarded for a 1/2 hr until I can orbit on course again.

T

THE PABLOS

Strange Days and "The Krutch" dry shots

Strange Days and "The Krutch" dry shots

...They've been placed in a jar.....the cure process underway. I smoked a little of both....yesterday and this morning.

Strange Days.....I would wager that it was pollen from the Blue Satellite 2.2 that fathered this plant....that wonderful candy flavor...well hinted with berry...lingers in the back of the throat with a vanilla-like after taste. Very mild exhale.....you can tell that she was flushed properly....the high is mild and sedative. Reminds me of an LUI head....not my favorite....seems to be lacking longevity and punch....but nice to relax on. Kind of a sleepy high.

"The Krutch"....No hint of the Grape Krush pops except for some Blue color hints. Potent with an aroma that reminds me of OG Kush (no doubt from the Abusive used in the momma)....the flavor has not been altered much by the outcross to Grape Krush....still think I taste the Kush....the high is very chill and strong at the same time. Not lazy man weed....I can work well under the influence of her smoke.

Both crosses produce "Bling" candy buds...look great in the jar....very gourmet looking smoke. Lots of resin....I could make some brilliant hash out of these specimens.

Strange Days top flower left...."The Krutch" top flower on the right....Black Flag "My War" the sound track.

T

THE PABLOS

The significance of Prune Juice

The significance of Prune Juice

Prune Juice= Purple Urkel leaning Querkle X Grape krush

I started flushing her (along with 1st batch Joy Divisions) at day 45. Shown here today.....day 53....she will be harvested around the 58-60 day flower range....as will the Joy Divisions.

One flower seeded with the F2 generation

This plant is significant for a few reasons. I have no rules remember....and I will clone when I need to have more than one round of pollinations...mostly for stud males....but also when I have a gut feeling about an individual plant...when my instinct tells me to make such a move.

Presently she is the only clone I have....but I will be cloning Summertime Rolls (ChemDD X TFlux Highland)...as that plant is a "One Off" and I've had success with those kind of gifts. I only had 2 beans from that cross (the last Deliah pollination...Deliah my queen ChemDD mom...well documented)....and only 1 plant. I haven't checked sex yet....doesn't matter....I'll use that plant in my program either way. That's how I roll in gifts of Chaos.

Gut feeling is the case with this female Prune Juice(also...she was 1 of 3 plants ever of this cross..I culled down to 2...the male and the female as it turns out)....the male was awesome but did not root...so I have the female only in clone. I plan to hold on to the clone until after I test out the donor momma. If my instincts prove to be correct....I'll outcross her in another round....before bidding her farewell.

The male was used in a couple outcrosses and the incross....outcross donors were Joy Division and Karoline Krutch.

She is significant....because she reminds me of my Original Flo (Dutch Passion) momma that I used in many many crosses. I believe Original Flo and Grape Krush used the same stud B130 male. I think that is correct....but not positive. I swear I see Flo in this pheno.....and she is very much of the perfume aromas that I've only found in Flo and Flo hybrids. I'm very certain about the aromas...she has had them all the way through flower. I treat her like Flo....we have the same kind of bond. I simply....really like her vibe. But basically....I'm intrigued to find (if the B130 was used in both GK and Original Flo) that it may be the B130 male that is bringing the perfume and ornamental stacked flower structure.....and that has me speculating more about DJ Short's Flo mother...all of this speculation and Flo is not actually involved in this cross. Yet I've seen this plant before....but from a different direction. So I'm baffled a bit....but find this plant significant because of it.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the B130 male was fairly new, used in so many later day crosses.
Certain it doesn't pre-date the Flo that DP got. :chin:

T

THE PABLOS

You may be right HL.....I'm not sure how far back the B130 male goes...but I read somewhere that he was used in the Original Flo...or someone was speculating. That whole history gets confusing....is it alive?...is it dead?...I heard peeps have S1s....I used to think the B130 came out of the Swiss projects.....but now think it went further back. Guess I should try and research that. It's not in DJ's book...the whole history...but there is a thread somewhere i think. Somewhere Flo's pops was switched. I think that's when the "Original" tag was dropped....I'm actually pretty unsure of how it all went down.

I think by smoking this pheno...I'll have a better idea if the perfume is the same sort of floral/perfume aroma as I've gotten from Flo. If not...and the perfume appears to be from something else I'll be pleased to have found another way into that vein of aroma. The clone is very slow...not unhealthy...but slow. It could be influenced by the Urkle parent for all I know....as I've not grown the PU clone (smoked it plenty though) I can only speculate. The plant will be a modest yielder....but the flower quality is eye catching and for sure an ornamental blinger. I've been dying to smoke this one since her mid 30's. She is not a thrill ride....more a steady flower that keeps to herself and seems humble. Humble plants are usually head cases in my experience. I have an attraction to such girls.

Something about her when she was in veg drew me to her...and I had my eye on the male since he popped his wings.....that doesn't happen very often to me. I must view it as the rabbit leading me into the briar patch...and hopefully into a new hole. I would not have guessed the rabbit to show in this particular cross....I'll be a bit of a dick about the testing of this one. I dislike cloning....and I told her so...yet she still wanted to give a cut. She best be ripping.

EDIT....on further research I don't believe the B130 was used in Original Flo....still unsure of the Original's dads....I reckon a BB though.

2-COOH

Man, 2-COOH, at least you didn't use butane, we'd get a good rant out of Pablos then! :biglaugh:...
..It always has that overlying hash taste, superseding the nuances of the buds' terpenes.
! :D
I strongly agree against using highly toxic solvents. Just a personal pref. You should try the "qwiso" if you havnt already, you can get a much diff. tasting product, no hash taste, spicy honey at most.

Yes gentlemen....hash is a very important subject. Something to getting down to the bare plant essences.

I like my dry sieve the best. Alcohol and hash....look out.
So nice Mr. THE PABLOS! And I see we are on the same page aginst the "butes" as well!
Back in the teen years i remeber eating some(too much) hash in brownies that had kicked my light ass into a trippy stupor. We had lots of hash going around back in high school.
The hash eaters. Something i never pursued after that event. Eating THC in general has a trippier effect for me than smoking it.
But I again agree with you The Pablos! The flowers are 'tops' and with out them we could have no hash ;)!
Also a little stint of strictly smoking hash, and then go back to flowers and one REALLY can taste all the nuances of the flowers. Almost like a palate cleanser. Bear is awesome for that before you smoke the bud as well.
picture.php
:artist:
picture.php

well she sure looks exquisite!

T

THE PABLOS

2-cooh....butane and other types of solvents actually look pretty cool and effective.. also look very nasty. I know I can't handle smoking my pot lit with butane. The thought of inhaling the byproduct fumes is gnarly. Plus the flavor is very much altered. I have a battery operated pocket vaporizer....but it uses special batteries and I'm even wondering if there are not bad byproducts coming off the batteries.

I'm not a freak about chemicals and such....I'm a contradiction as I love my inorganic salts (I call my pond liner Salt-n-Sea from the collection of run off).....love their accuracy and effectiveness....I say Blueberry is way overused in other peep's work....but use versions of it myself.....Electricity on the grid is nasty stuff as well....but I readily run my bill up every month.....

I smoke hash for the natural ,crisp initial vapor flavor, the purity of product.....not to get destroyed on the potency....those oils and such....man they can lay you out. I'm more about getting high as opposed to wasted. My wasted days are few and far between anymore...don't need to trip for hrs...or drool on myself lol...I used to enjoy getting like that....but now I'm into different...elevated highs....the kind when you exhale....everything is ever the so much cooler...the breeze is cool....the sol smiles...the moon nods...humming birds buzz my head. Guess that's why I experiment with a lot of Short's genetics.

I don't feel that a weed can be bred that will have the same effect (create the same state of mind) on every smoker.....but you can get in gene pools that make it easier to create the weed that works for specific individuals...especially yourself. I've yet to find just one weed that takes care of me. Variety is where it's at....different weeds for different effects at different times.

HL....I remember seeing that chart. I'll go over that thread....I was wondering where Purce got his data....as I've not had much luck in the past making heads or tails out of some of the info that goes around....seems there are different versions of the same story....with different answers. I think DJ is guarded on many key details...and doesn't seem to want to clear up all the clouds....which is just fine with me. Same with Chimera and the mom of Mental Floss.

I'm starting to get interested in those F13 X A11 beans all of a sudden....I've never worked F13 as you know....thinking it a more closed pool Flo....but with all the raves....DJ must have nailed some killer traits in that pool.

I ran on canna candy yesterday....this dude out here makes hard candy....I ended up with a bag of the excess(where they cut it out of the mold?)....anyway I melted a piece in my mouth before my run in the hills....great run. I'm now experimenting with hard candy instead of developing an energy gel....much cleaner and easier to carry....plus seems to kick in pretty quickly. I'd like to work away from the refined sugar....that would be something I'd like to change.

T

THE PABLOS

Helping Hands of Joy Division

Helping Hands of Joy Division

Day 54....flushing since Day 45....Harvest will be in the next week. Aggressive growers...fast to blast...sativa dominant...stretchers....2 nanners found between the 2 plants...pretty stable and take abuse.

F1 Joy Division= F1 Killer Chemdog X F1 Cindy Jones

Seeded bud....all torched up and spitting beans....this is from the union with the fine Prune Juice male.

Both girls are pretty much twins...very uniform. The flowers appear identical in habit and structure to my "Mona" pheno Killer Chemdog mom....that is well documented in my albums or my 10 drop KC grow thread over at Rez's place. Mona resembled a pineapple C99BC that I found in H3ad's beans.....she was tropical fruit over feline piss. Wonderful.....and now it looks like I'm getting an amped out version in this F1 JD cross.

Mona was one of the KC moms I used in this cross....so here she is... grown up with the infusion of the Cindy Jones male. I'm speculating of course....I mixed the beans from both the KC moms...and I haven't even smoked the JD yet...and shit...it could be the C99BC I used in the making of Cindy Jones....bottom line....the tropical fruit is there....and kind of pissy at that.

Finish X on the Joy Division looks like 60....like Mona....the tropical C99BC went at 50 as I recall. Casey between 60-70.

Things I like about using Killer Chem to outcross with: seems to cut down flowering Xs....variety in phenos....almost promised fine flavors and there is variety in the flavors as well....though tropical fruit is most common....there are also hints of Chem in there as well. Plants generally yield well. It's always good to great weed...pheno and cross dependent.

Finally....I'll yet again champion Blue Satellite 2.2 in another cross....this time to Casey Jones.

Satechism= Casey Jones (Belly pheno) X Blue Satellite 2.2

I don't have more than 40 of these beans....so getting to the F2 in the very 1st round will be a goal. I'm having a bitch of a time with seedlings...they are pissing me off...so I strike them down...it's terrible for them when the dark clouds come crashing down. I'm killing and killing....but the ones that make it are making me happy.

I like Breeder Steve's (and Koot's as he was involved in the 2.2) work....I don't care if peeps regard Steve as a flake or an "unqualified" breeder. He knows what he likes (and how to get to them) in his weed selections....and that's all it takes in my book....proper selections lead to the plants you like. You really don't need any titles or books on genetics to do that...just the time, plants and the power of observation to trump it all. I'm strictly about the plants and not the breeder status or personality. Always peeps impressed with the rules and titles....it's in the wind...."Like make Like" is really the key observation made since the dawn of breeding. All else is man's ego...and freak occurrences in gene recombos.

All I want is the best pudding plants so I can continue to make more pudding plants...SOL has helped me with my quest on several projects and I'm happy to use their genetics. I'm telling you...that OG Kush X BS 2.2... is a little gold mine...if you like Satellite and Kush...it's just $$$$$.

Chimera and SOL both washed DJ Short's Blueberry for me....I thank them both.

T

THE PABLOS

Shit rolling and folding....

Shit rolling and folding....

First to take a second and talk about the shit that is folding. I had a fan accident that wiped me out of a bunch of seedlings(ones I have no back ups for) and a couple weeks worth of work....pretty painful....but so on and so forth. I'm over it.

Here's a few pictures of a Strawberry Hill (Beans made by ICer....ClearBarbedFunk....he has a thread called SCreme'N Haze if you want specifics) at day 29 of flower.....being pollinated for the incross.

I like this plant....seems like a very stout Haze plant. Aromas are starting to increase....smells very similar to the OHxSK#1 and the Highland Mex....sativa smelling.

Her sister...even though the same age....has just started to produce flowers....at a solid 3wks of flower. The sister is a bit more robust than the one in the picture. I'll hit her with something else....I'm actually more attracted to the slow starter...and mulling over the directions I can go with her.

Note: 3 out of 4 Purple Bastard Haze F2s lean heavy to the Haze side of things....real pieces of work...I spend a lot of time training them out of the lights.....anyway I hit the best of the 3 haze leaners with Strawberry Hill pollen....that should turn out some wicked plants....I pollinated that one last week... she is making beans as I type this. The Haze leaners are killing me on the amount of space they take up and the amount of care they need to keep from burning themselves.

The BH that doesn't lean to the Haze....totally different....already putting out the purp coloring...looks like I'll see a nice representative of the Purple Bastard....unfortunately she will go without having been pollinated....I missed her while concentrating on the Haze leaners. She's a nice one too...so a bit bummed that I passed on her.

Here's a couple quick pix (meaning I didn't move the plant) of a Golden Tiger X A11...just so you can get a look at how her flowers are going to develop....probably in her late 30s early 40s...somewhere in that ball park. Aromas are new to me....I'll give them some more time before I break it down....but sweet smelling for sure. They have chilled out on stretch....now getting down into flower making and are not much a threat to hitting the lights any longer.

A bunch of culled Sweet Milks (Gumblebum X LUI) and Odessas (Casey Jones X Cindy Jones).....I'm a killing machine lately. I'm culling much more than I'm keeping. The selected keepers are pretty nice though. This will be a crazy run.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
:tiphat: Hey Pablos, I usually :lurk: here but wanted to drop in. Sorry to hear about the fan incident.

The Purple Bastard Haze & Strawberry Hill cross sounds interesting. Might get some real unruly girls from that mix, good luck with the hunt!

2-COOH

..The Haze leaners are killing me on the amount of space they take up ...

That's a high class problem bro! Seriously though, is your tomato cage training the preferred method with the haze leaners or do you do something else. Have you or would you ever use netting?
:ying:

T

THE PABLOS

Thanx for dropping in rasputin....Yup I'm pretty sure the Bastard Haze will blend well with the Straw Hill. I'm also using CBF's Straw Dog blended to BS 2.2....they are in flower and stretching like hell. Maybe down the line I bring these combos together and reintroduce some genetics to each other.

The 2nd Straw Hill....I'm hoping to blend to Sam's Thai Haze X SK#1...as I believe that Tom Hill's Haze (used in Straw Hill...a purple pheno) is originally from Skunkman genetics.....and now smelling and seeing the structure in Straw Hill....pretty sure. I'm totally digging how they are not getting crazy with stretch....solid and not flimsy....yet distinctly Hazy. Looks like something I can use in a few of my concepts. Very happy with CBF's work...he has vision.

2-cooh....I'm not using any cages on anything in flower presently....even the OH X SK#1 I have in flower. Cages work..but I don't like them. I move plants all the time...everyday...just to feed...but also to rearrange to get different angles on the moving lights. Netting wouldn't work and cages tend to hang up on each other...turning me into an aggro gardener after they've hung up and damaged buds. I prefer to use 4(or more) bamboo stakes and form a teepee...they don't hang up as much and I can keep them tied up and mushroom the plants to keep them under the lights...a lot of work with certain lines.

The fan accident resulted from me having a "burned out" gardening day...sometimes even coffee doesn't help lol.....I garden so much and so often...that days smear into days...I forget what plants I'm working with etc...

I had a complacent moment....trying to rush through a task....the fan was on high (should have been turned off) and ended up at a bad angle at close range after I bumped it.....the seedlings didn't have much of a chance. I saved only 3....brutal.

If I'm being conceded I'd say that the majority of the time....when Chaos pays a visit....I'm wearing the mask. Part of the goal of the thread is to prove this theory. As peeps....we spend a lot of time....blindly fucking up things....yet we shuck the blame and invent all kinds of alibis. I'm doing a case study lol..I'm looking in the mirror. But what I'm most interested in....is the percentage of the time when Chaos is free form and not using me as its tool. When Chaos wears a different face.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good on ya, the F-ups happen.
When I was test germin' the F13 x A11 beans, I had 10 "grade A's" and 10 "2nd's" and had great strike rates, 18 had broken surface in 36 hrs.
I was going away, prepping right before hand, and in a rush, dumped the whole tray. Managed to save 6 seedlings, didn't have time to go thru the dirt to save any seedlings.
So it goes, love what I'm seeing w/ the two I kept and it was all I could do to get the other 4 out into the wild, so it all works out. :whistling:

That GT x A11 sure is leaning to the GT side of things. :D
I hear ya on the smell, It's like an herb I know but can't name, and I always try and talk myself into anise/carrots. :dunno:

T

THE PABLOS

The Remedy to Fudge Ups....

The Remedy to Fudge Ups....

....I read where U.S. Grant used a 4 to 1 ratio during the siege of Petersburg in The War Between the States. That means he slaughtered his own men in his efforts to break through and crush Lee's army. 4 dead for every 1 enemy killed. It worked of course....they called him "The Butcher".

My answer to Chaos....is throw more promises into the mix. The bean...by design....certainly doesn't play by the 4 to 1 ratio unless guided in a controlled environment. Probably more like 100 to 1 ratio in nature. The answer is always to germ more beans....get over yourself and germ more beans.

Reload the cups and go again...I remember the days when beans were not plentiful in my collection. Those were the darkest and most stressful of days gardening. If you find yourself in that same situation....start a breeding program....go full circle....at all costs. When your collection is such that you can toss beans at the blink of disaster....you will be liberated. Then start finding safeguards for your collection...so you always have access to all your hard and good work....if the man come knockin'....shinin' the light in your eyes.

Satechism (Casey Jones X Blue Satellite 2.2).....1st batch...100 percent strike rate. No I'm not Catholic.

I'm going back into my vision....looking to make a conceptual Orange....this is an ongoing saga that I have not documented in the past. There were a couple moves made in this particular game...a couple yrs ago....now I'm picking it back up.

Funny....Calizahr will be all the rage once it's gone. Mark my words...peeps will fondly think of the Cali soon enough. I ran it only once....but used several females (the Shish showed up and the Cali-O showed up) and at least a couple males to make the F2. The smoke was indeed Oranges....but the high was lackluster. Chimera will tell you...Calizahr is not the most potent pot....chill weed...built around flavor. It is true....but I'm for one kind of Old Skool and for two....I see it as a great platform for some outcrosses. I mixed all my F2 beans into one container....pretty confident that is ok though...this is a pretty easy cross to read.

C-Plus....had these in the fridge for like a yr. I've seen some amazing plants (grown by several peeps a respect on here)....really can't go wrong. Again I'll be selecting the more Orange smelling and flavored plants. DJ Short's BB phenos....well you know I'll be seeing them.....but I'll select away from....for the most part.

I plan to mix them together as well. I mean why not? Double down on the Cali-O....get a nice representative and then start going down some different holes.

I did make a cross that goes like this...Bogbubble x Red Eyed Bride X Calizahr. Thought to blend a bubble gummy grapefruit (REB phenos smelled of GF....but tasted bland...looked great though) into the Orange....hoping to get citrus bubblegum. Was so frustrated with REB that I haven't thought to try that outcross. The Brick House (Bogbubble X REB) looked stellar and was coated in resin...but was still bland believe or not. Frustrating. Maybe this recombo helps...some day I'll have to germ some up.

Highlighter....exactly...I can't put my finger on aroma...talking about GT X A11...but they are uniform....blasting flowers....I don't see them going 70...they are at day 37 I think. Pretty much...they chilled out and seem happy.

O!!! I just noticed...I'm a senior member now. 1000 post.

Last edited:

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pablos bro, your a mad grower, much respect makin your own. Strawberry Hill plants are lookin good, ive kept one female, a purple sweet berry plant, and a male for some f2s.

friend up the way has a few small outdoor plants of the line, look alot like your plants. ill get some pics to compare.

thanks for takin the time to go over the seed, i really do appreciate the pics and what ya think, your one of the few growers that actually grow the seed. much respect

CBF

Latest posts

Latest posts