What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

your favorite cheese?

Bobby Stainless

"Ill let you try my Wu-Tang style"
Veteran
UK cheese...

Seriously...Blue, Smoked Gouda, Brie, Stilton, Buche de Chevre, Goat Cheese, Gorgonzola, Pepper Jack, Castellano, Point Reyes Blue, Maytag Blue, Asiago Pressato...

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i really like cabot cheese in the milk section.And gorganzola when i have extra money to frivillously fritter and waste on cheese.....

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Balderson 5 year old Cheddar

St Julien aux Noix

7 year aged Asiago

Boursin

Cantal

Bruder Basil

Crotonese

Shanklish (Iranian spiced cheese)

I could go on for days........

Here a wee challenge for all you chesse folks....

See how many different cheeses you can name without using the Internet or a book....just from memory.

I got about 65 last time i tried.....

El Vexilix

Don't laugh but I used to steal aaaaaaalot of cheese when Iwas younger . Sometimes steal like the 5lb brick to sell it for a dimesac . Somehow that huge block would go in my pants in .8 seconds . WisconsinFarms never knew what hit'em .
After that , was stealing it to try out the huuuge assorment of cheeses . Don't you hate it when there aren't any samples and you buy something take it home and get buyers remorse . Yeah... I don't get that anymore . Now I pour huge money to the cheeses that will satisfy my needs .

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Gouda
Gorgonzola
Brie
Mascarpone
Jarlsberg

A rather inexpensive one that I really love is Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges in French Onion.....slap that down on a cracker when you got the munchies and it's an amazing snack. Not a fattening one if you eat the right cracker too....I eat a lot of it when I diet hard. :canabis:

marx2k

Veteran
Damn, Genkisan likes the gourmet shit. Me, I like anything that oozes on my food and isn't processed.

strydr

Have never found a cheese I didn't like.
Anyone shop @ Trader Joe's? Like the cheese they sell?
I set up a network @ a TJ's warehouse a while back- the cheese dept. might as well be heaven to me. Imagine 1/2 a 500K Sq/Ft. Whs dedicated to cheese and dairy. Little hispanic ladies cutting down huge (like 2ftx2ftx4ft) blocks of cheddar, and gigantic wheels of aged cheeses.
Give me a box of crackers and a bottle of wine (found elsewhere in the Whs ;), add a nice jar of dank, and I'm in heaven.

O, and I second the Laughing Cow cheese- takes me back to childhood. That, Jarlsberg swiss, and Tillamook sharp cheddar are my everyday favorites. I never pass up on a chance to try something new. Cheese may be the death of me, but at least I'll die happy :)

79towncar

PROVOLONE! American cheese is bland but Copper Sharp cheese is American type and it's very good. Mascarpone I love. Also Locatelli brand is a great hard cheese for grateing.
Scamorza is an amazing cow cheese kinda like mozzarella. When I go to Sicily I always eat Casu Marzu but it's actually from Sardinia it's a cheese that has maggots in it but is actually very good. Sicily is full of amazing cheeses and Italy in general has sooo many cheeses It would take you years to try every one if you tried one everyday. All the best cheeses come from Italy without a doubt. But I also love Philly cream cheese haha.

I am with HappyHerb... camembert or brie... but the real deal from france!!

Brie, bacon and sweet chilli with rocket on a toasted chiabata.. thats the $hi1

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Cheese curds, from wisconsin.... never frozen. The type they make in Vermont and Upstate new york are alright, but not nearly as tasty as fresh WI curds.

I guess u asked for type of cheese eh? I guess mine would be Cheddar since curds are made of chedder. Although for Sandwhiches I use provolone daily. Unless its for a burger, then i bust out the cheap american.

Flippy

I like all kind of cheese : cheddar, gorgonzola, brie de maux, camembert, gouda, gruyere,

emmental, comte, reblochon, roquefort ... and so many more