What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Beat Hydro Set Up 4 x 4 Tent

moss1310

Looking for some opinions. I have been growing in soil for a while indoors and out, but want to try hydro for quicker growth and some ease. Indoors I grow in a 4 x 4 tent. I like to grow 6 smaller plants rather than fewer large plants, so not necessarily looking for the method the grows the biggest plants. Really looking for best quality buds and lowest maintainence. Any suggestions?

Thanks

packerfan79

Veteran
Why not give coco a try. It will give you faster growth and bigger yields. It's nice to have a tray to collect the runoff. No pumps and chillers needed, handwater daily with 20% runoff

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
My number one desire in gardening is for things to be easy (while still productive, of course). So I feel qualified to tell you that in the decades I've been growing, I've tried every possible way, and in my experience nothing is easier than ebb and flow in rockwool cubes. if you're interested in cleaning and reusing your media after the harvest (which I'm not, because I value my time very much), hydroton balls in smart pots are a great option. So is coco, actually. But regardless of media selection, I still find ebb and flow to be the easiest, least-hassle method of gardening.

It just really doesn't get much easier than using rockwool cubes, though. And if you plan on growing monster plants, you can always eventually transplant a fully-rooted 4 inch cube into a larger smart pot filled with either hydroton or coco. EDIT: never mind, I just saw the part where you said 6 smaller plants, so yeah I still recommend rockwool cubes. Easiest garden ever. Put an extra pump in your res specifically for keeping things circulated, and then use this pump to change your res out when doing your reservoir maintenance.