What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The Equalizer Diffuser" what's the story on this, and will it work with a CMH bulb?

"The Equalizer Diffuser" what's the story on this, and will it work with a CMH bulb?

So I came across this: http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/ItemMatr...d&selelement4=undefined&selelement5=undefined

in my stroll through picos reflector shootout, and I am wondering how folks feel about them, what are the results like using this guy?

Though perhaps first and foremost, will it work on a 400 watt CMH bulb? Because if not, we really might as well stop here...

Looking at the website, it doesn't mention CMH at all, and I don't know enough about the bulbs to say whether or not it'd work as intended on one, or which model to buy, if any.

However, I at least see that the reflector I am going to use is covered (super sun 2).

I mean, if this thing works well at all, it's going to have some serious bang for the buck at only $25 or so, even if it is $3 worth of parts (not saying it is, but things in our industry 'tend' to be like that).

So what's the deal on these doohickies, will they work on a 400 watt CMH, and should I really even be thinking about spending money on one...

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Have you experienced burning? Admittedly, mine's a 250 CMH but, how close do you need to get? I can't imagine why it wouldn't work on a CMH. I can't imagine why you'd need it either.