What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Growth & bloom with fluorescent tubes: SPECTRUM REFLEX!

$pK_

Hey guys, you know spectrum reflex ??

http://www.spectrumreflex.nl/en/

A NEW GENERATION OF FLUORESCENT TUBES....
Many peolpe in holland are very happy for this light system....
you can make 400g dry of herb with 250W(1 module) !!

Some pics:

188200616751838_groot.jpg

69200611844701_groot.jpg

69200611811310_groot.jpg

6920061178685_groot.jpg

gallery_9096_1718_109112.jpg

gallery_9096_1718_116350.jpg

gallery_9096_1718_79800.jpg

gallery_9096_1718_163270.jpg

gallery_9096_1718_130535.jpg

gallery_9096_1718_251727.jpg

gallery_9096_1718_47091.jpg

gallery_9096_1718_181896.jpg

PEACE

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
ive seen the write up in soft secrets but that is really just a magazine of adverts.... if these do the job like they say they will then theyd be good because of the height issue being able to have 2 levels...getting ur yield that way-although that takes plant numbers up too....
Fluro growing isnt anything new though.... i know it was they way it was one in the 70's, my 1st girflfriend her parents toked and had pictures of their own teenage years with fluroescant shelf setups the plId like to see one of these 2 tier Q-big systems in action......
The tubes used are phillips TLD840 thats a t8 diameter tube, colour 84. If you can find the tubes and electronic contol gear for them it might be worth knocking something together. Id definately not be buying one myself until id seen several grows done from start to finish documented on here....
SPK is that your grow? Can you give us some figures in yr yield their please.... Thank you

ciao gramsci antonio non so se si riescono a fare 400 grammi ma io alla mia prima esperienza con lo spectrum reflex ne ho fatti 230 con 288 watt. e ho sbagliato molte cose visto che non sono un guru, penso comunque che con 12 vasi da 6,5 con un adeguata vegetativa o 30 vasi sempre da 6,5 magari direttamente a 12/12 in sog si possano fare almeno 300 grammi.

Scusa se ti rispondo in italiano ma il mio inglese è pessimo.

sorry but I don't speak english

hasta luego

globel

half those pics are on the website for the product. the pics with the setup with the actual plants came from another forum and those are a little diffrent lights if you look close there screwed into a wood beem. Same type of lights though

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
So what is the difference between these and regular flourecents? Just curious.

TGT

hi all, I'm sorry for my english, these are t8 philips with internal reflector

36 watt - 3350 lumen - 40-45 cm penetration.

I have 2 mama thai (seedsman) in the end of bloom, I think minimum 80 gr.

bye bye from south europe

knna

TGT said:
So what is the difference between these and regular flourecents? Just curious.

TGT

They have an internal build in reflector, giving some advantages over regular floros:

1-Not need of a external reflector, resulting aswell in two advantages:

-Way lower optical losses. Due the internal reflector, it keep always clean, the light travel less until reach the plants. The total output is near the same than regular floros, so the avalaible light is about 25% higher.

-The running temperature of the tube is optimal. Many people arnt aware the perfomance dependence of floros to surrounding air's temperature. Optimal T8s perfomance is reached at 25ºC (77F), a typical temp of our grows. Any hood builds a hot bag of air around the tube (by reducing/eliminating heat dissipation by convention), so when using reflectors, temp is always over the optimal (less light output). The internal reflector allows to use them open, so working near the optimal temps. In average, it result on 10-15% higher light output.

2-Increased light intensity. Main lack of floros, especially thick ones, is low intensity. The 120º window of Reflex tubes (there was a 30º model, but i believe currently there isnt avalaible) multiply by 3 the intensity, reaching about the same intensity T5 HO gives.

3-It allows to pack them thighter than regular floros without losing output (the light only goes downwards).

Price is similar than T5 HO, but results are still better. Reflex tubes works either on mag or electronic ballast. Although pricey tubes always worth to be used with electronics, you can use a standard T8 setup just replacing the tubes.

Peace,
knna