What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do couple AUTOS sametime when Vegging photos ?

Can i grow Auto,s same time i veg photo strains?

Is there any good fast SOG Autos ?

I can veg photos 8-10 weeks
This is the time limit for autos.

I dont like veg photos 8-10 weeks 18h , then have nothing
Also they need the same time flower 12h

I like my idea i think.
Make some Autos also when vegging properly.

Sog Auto

+

Photo period proper 18h veg time 8-10weeks before flower 12h

dual harvest ? YES

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I now have a permanent spot in the corner of my veg cab for an autoflower plant. Each time I harvest it start a new one.

Loving it. :D

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Yep, totally doable and recommended.

However.. If you veg photos for 8-10 weeks, most will grow a lot taller than any faster auto plants and shade the flowering AF-plants. This will lead to airy buds and potency might also suffer on the autos, and as autos aren't the strongest smoke out there to begin with, that's not good. So keep that in mind and plan ahead. I've done vertical grows in the past with 3/4 of whatever space I had for vegging photo, and 1/4 for the budding autos for that faster harvest. It works, but don't expect massive auto-yields if you have limited space and/or lights to grow with like I did. Scrogging or tying down the photos might also work to keep all plants at a similar height, but I never tried that myseld. I'm lazy like that.

For SOG af-strains I'd recommend Diesel Ryder or something similar that grows uniform. DR is my go-to outdoor SOG auto of choice, fills whatever space it has quite nicely. Our DR is heavily worked towards outdoor growing in the north for years, so I don't know how commercially available DR performs these days. But worth a try:
picture.php

Not much to look at yet ^

But a good week or so later they're getting there:
picture.php

Good luck with the project, show us how they do when you get there. And new ideas and stuff is always welcome.

That said..
Jokerit vs. ХК Дина́мо Москва́ on the 1st round of KHL playoffs.
YOU'RE GOING DOWN! (maybe)

Greetings from Finland.

:tiphat:

JockBudman

Just to go further than what everyone else has said - you don't need to wait for the autos to finish before flipping. I've not seen any that are actually done at 8 weeks under the lights, more like 10-12 but I've done the same as you before and ran an auto alongside some vegging plants then flipped it all to 12/12 when I got bored waiting and the photos were big.

It made no difference really, the plant in question actually out yielded some of the photo strains so I wouldn't stress about doing something like that, especially if you're like I was and just looking for a quick smoke whilst the main run flowers. Bonus points if you got the autos as freebies as well :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts