What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Farming MMJ and Hemp in Zimbabwe

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
By working in cahoots with corrupt government officials? Hmmm. Good luck with that. All that accomplishes in the US is wealth accumulation.

dank.Frank

Tangwena

Veteran
Howdy, brothers Tang and EB, I miss you guys.

Im not there yet, thats still a few months away.

Zimbabwe law states that for a foreigner to set up a business in Zim, the business must have a majority share owned by a Zim native.
The managing member of the company has the brother to Zimbabwe’s head of Central Intelligence as the native member of the company.
This company is also working very closely with the current President, Mnangagwa, who was the previous Director of Intelligence.

So, pretty well set with the Zim government.
So the other concerns are 1) the locals rising up against the Zim government and killing any white businessmen working woth the current government (me) and 2) China/Communist Intelligence entities.

Perhaps its my naïveté, but I hope to bring empowerment to the people through agriculture.
Good luck brother they dont have a very good track record when it comes to keeping their word.
You have heard of the Nigerian scams well these guys could have written the book be warned once your in the country you life will be worthless people just disappear over there.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Licensing is finalized, just waiting for finalizong with investors and on finalizing my contract with the company for breeding.

This is exciting.
I should be flying over there in a couple months.

Raho

Veteran
Licensing is finalized, just waiting for finalizong with investors and on finalizing my contract with the company for breeding.

This is exciting.
I should be flying over there in a couple months.

There is always cheese in a mousetrap V.

Wish you weren't even considering this.
Whatever experiences you've had working with people in the past won't come close to the bad sh1t that can happen down there.

At least where you are now you know the land, the players, the laws. You can see the danger coming from a long way off.
Down there, you are on somebody else's turf, putting your life at risk based on promises from strangers with nothing but greed driving them.

Oh yeah. The assholes will steal all your strains.

You'll know you're screwed when the gentlemen with rusty AKs and machete's come to take your passport "for safe keeping". Whatever contract you negotiate before that won't mean sh1t.

Who are these guys gonna sell all this product to if they manage to pull of a successful crop?
International trade in cannabis is still illegal. The people of Zim can't even afford food. Nobody's gettin rich off domestic sales.

A lot of people care about you.

Will you have friends on the security team? I always assumed they'd be too smart to walk into a mess like that.

If you insist on going, make those green rushing bastards pay your first year salary in advance.
Get your affairs in order and make me the sole beneficiary of your will. I'll use the money to make sure your memory lives on through the internet. Will need some pics of you before you leave for the memes.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
There is always cheese in a mousetrap V.

Wish you weren't even considering this.
Whatever experiences you've had working with people in the past won't come close to the bad sh1t that can happen down there.

At least where you are now you know the land, the players, the laws. You can see the danger coming from a long way off.
Down there, you are on somebody else's turf, putting your life at risk based on promises from strangers with nothing but greed driving them.

Oh yeah. The assholes will steal all your strains.

You'll know you're screwed when the gentlemen with rusty AKs and machete's come to take your passport "for safe keeping". Whatever contract you negotiate before that won't mean sh1t.

Who are these guys gonna sell all this product to if they manage to pull of a successful crop?
International trade in cannabis is still illegal. The people of Zim can't even afford food. Nobody's gettin rich off domestic sales.

A lot of people care about you.

Will you have friends on the security team? I always assumed they'd be too smart to walk into a mess like that.

If you insist on going, make those green rushing bastards pay your first year salary in advance.
Get your affairs in order and make me the sole beneficiary of your will. I'll use the money to make sure your memory lives on through the internet. Will need some pics of you before you leave for the memes.

I love you, buddy.
Thanks for the love and guidance.

I’m not taking many lines with me for the first year, just some basics.
Im leaving my vault in California for safe keeping.

The main product will be terpenes, so we won’t be restricted by cannabis laws and will be able to have a revenue stream while I work on MMJ breeding.

No, I dont have any friends with the Security over there.
The brother of their CIA is majority shareholder of the company, so it will be the safest farm in Zim, which really aint saying much.

Tangwena

Veteran
I dont want to keep dumping on your idea my friend as you seem so excited.
But know that your majority share holder now president was the architect of the mass slaughter of over 40,000 people in Zimbabwe and thats only the documented deaths.
Watch out for the 5th brigade they dress all in black and have modern weapons are well paid and do whatever he asks of them, the laws dont apply to them.
They will probably be assigned as your "body guards" they are snakes and will kill you at a drop of a hat.
You will only be kept around as long as they feel they need you after that your best option is to get out fast. I cant say it any plainer than that.
The 5th brigade shot dead the British Ambassadors son while I was there on holiday one time because he didn't stop fast enough at a road block. They really dont give a shit.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
Amazing that Tangwena's warnings are being disregarded. Leaving California to go work in Zimbabwe is akin to time-travel in which a reckless adventurer departs a planet where ordered modernity and the rule of law apply, bound for a dystopian nightmare of cratered highways, abject squalor, bloodthirsty bandits, zero electrical power, predatory officials at every turn, and voodoo ritual murder on an industrial scale.

To the OP, I strongly suggest a rethink of this suicide mission deep into the rectum of Planet Earth. Uganda, Ghana, Lesotho, and Ghana list among other far less perilous African nations that have decriminalized weed, so there is simply no rational reason why anyone in their right mind would tempt fate by heading to Zimbabwe for ANY purpose. Listen to the old hands like Tangwena. He generally speaks with mild and gentle terms, so the wise would do well to pay attention when the man's choice of words changes so dramatically.

Raho

Veteran
Its amazing looking back at this thread.

Wow am I glad that I listened to my friends and didnt go
​Thank you guys

Pretty thankful right now

Happy to see your recent posts buddy.
Looks like you stayed in CA and have done well this year?
Inspiring!

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Happy to see your recent posts buddy.
Looks like you stayed in CA and have done well this year?
Inspiring!

Thank you

Yeah, in NorCal
Rough year, lost all to a fire, but Ive committed to recoverrecovering by intensely breeding everything I had popped back in January

Phoenix moment :hotbounce

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Thank you

Yeah, in NorCal
Rough year, lost all to a fire, but Ive committed to recoverrecovering by intensely breeding everything I had popped back in January

Phoenix moment :hotbounce

I live in South Africa… the people warning you are all dead on correct with their predictions.

Reps from the Zimbabwean government came to a cannabis expo in Cape Town with the same promises, not even the most gullible bought their bullshit.

Thankfully you stayed put.