What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why people stop gassing co2 for last couple of weeks?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
No bottled co2. The strain I first found this out on was bty og which I have had since before it was named. I know the girl like an old friend. Maybe better. The comparison between flowers left at 1500 ppm and those lowered to ambient levels from day 56 to 70 or even 60 to 75 is not even close.

Since finding this out it has improved the quality of every other strain I grow.

That being said , I am in a quality market. If you are in a weight market where people are hungry for whatever they can get, by all means run that shit at 1500 ppm the whole way through and get your weight.

Ok that is not my experience at all, no reduction in quality when using co2. Terps, Frost, structure all on point!

I doubt there are any markets left where you can sacrifice quality for weight. I think that went out with the nineties!

My room is 24x12x8... my growing space is only 8x12 area.. do I do my c02 calculation on the ROOM as a whole or just that immediate grow area? I’d use far less c02 using just immediate grow area..

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
You want to use a meter or a sensor rig.. Always..

Failing that id probably go half way between.. but decent sensors are only $60 and controller less than a couple hundred.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Co2 in different grow situations can be a blessing or a curse..

If your growing style isnt already producing the best of the best id look more at vpd, light intensity and nutrient availability before even thinking you want to raise co2 above atmospheric..

As stated before it closes stomata through raised stomatal conductance which in different grows has potentially huge implications if you're running the line on vpd, light intensity/spectrum and nute/water availability etc..

All these things effect transpiration/plant health and stomatal conductance as well as Co2 so it isnt quite as simple as co2 does xyz in my grow so it will do xyz in yours because all these other factors are at play and more.

Consistency is what all biological systems want. Change is stress.

I have a c02 controller and it comes with a probe so I can put with canopy. I just want to overuse c02 filling up empty space

And I’m not needing it super high by any means my room besides me being in there is fully sealed from the outside atmosphere so I Need to supplement c02

Latest posts

Latest posts