What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's some of your favorite horror movies IC?

there goes edro

Veteran
I love to smoke and watch horror movies! The good ones anyways, in the spirit of Halloween my nosy ass wanted to know what's some of IC's favorite horror movies? Happy Halloween!!! I like the original Omen, Creepshow, Christine, Carrie, Tales From The Hood, the first two Halloween movies, and of course The Excorist.

G

gloryoskie

Wife doesn't like 'em, so I can only watch them late at
night and in the dark.

Classics, Bride of Frankenstein, Dracula, anything with Vincent Price.

Into the 60's and 70's I like the Night of the Living Dead,
Last House on the Left, 2000 Maniacs, Dunwich Horror,
Rosemary's Baby.

So many good ones and some so bad they're good!

Good thread.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
It's all about Bruce Campbell, man . . . Evil Dead Part II and Army of Darkness.

Also Return of the Living Dead is really good.

I prefer movies that have dark humor and campy horror to straight up horror flicks. :biggrin:

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I like slasher movies, but one of my favorites is one called Visiting Hours...came out in about 1982 I think.

WelderDan

Veteran
It's all about Bruce Campbell, man . . . Evil Dead Part II and Army of Darkness.

Also Return of the Living Dead is really good.

I prefer movies that have dark humor and campy horror to straight up horror flicks. :biggrin:

I love Army of Darkness.

"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?"

I was verrry drunk when I went to see Friday the 13th. So drunk I was laughing at people getting killed. The people in front of me were more horrified by my reaction to the movie than the movie itself. At some point, the guy in front of me leans over to his girlfriend and says "that guy's one cold motherfucker", and I laughed.

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I liked those movies rob zombie directed, devils rejects was one. Also liked serpent and the rainbow and arachnophobia but dunno if those are horror movies?

Gs

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
I love Army of Darkness.

"Klaatu, Barada, N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word!"
picture.php

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Apologies For The Long Ass List :)

Apologies For The Long Ass List :)

From Rotten Tomatoes top 100 rated horror movies. I only copied the top 50....

Link: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/top/bestofrt/?category=10

Rank / Tomatometer / Title & year / No. of Reviews

1. 100% Repulsion (1965) 58
2. 100% Frankenstein (1931) 42
3. 100% The Bride of Frankenstein (1935) 41
4. 100% Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari. (The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari) (1920) 37
5. 100% Spoorloos (The Vanishing) (1988) 34
6. 100% The Invisible Man (1933) 33
7. 100% Vampyr - Der Traum des Allan Grey (1931) 27
8. 100% Them! (1954) 25
9. 100% The Witches (1990) 22
10. 98% Let the Right One In (2008) 175
11. 98% Rosemary's Baby (1968) 65
12. 98% Aliens (1986) 59
13. 98% King Kong (1933) 54
14. 98% The Evil Dead (1981) 52
15. 98% Evil Dead 2 (1987) 50
16. 98% Eyes Without a Face (1960) 48
17. 98% The Loved Ones (2012) 42
18. 97% Ringu (Ring) (1998) 34
19. 97% The Innocents (1961) 30
20. 97% Werckmeister Harmóniák (2000) 30
21. 96% Pan's Labyrinth (2006) 202
22. 96% Psycho (1960) 80
23. 96% Nosferatu, a Symphony of Horror (Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens) (Nosferatu the Vampire) (1922) 56
24. 96% Night of the Living Dead (1968) 52
25. 96% The Birds (1963) 48
26. 96% Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) 45
27. 96% Martin (1978) 27
28. 96% Dead of Night (1945) 26
29. 96% Theater of Blood (Theatre of Blood) (Much Ado About Murder) (1973) 24
30. 96% [Rec] (2007) 24
31. 96% Sleuth (1972) 23
32. 96% Village of the Damned (1960) 23
33. 95% A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) 44
34. 95% Don't Look Now (1973) 44
35. 95% Suspiria (1977) 40
36. 95% The Fly (1958) 38
37. 95% Dawn of the Dead (1978) 37
38. 95% House of Wax (1953) 37
39. 95% Nosferatu: Phantom der Nacht (Nosferatu the Vampyre) (1979) 37
40. 95% Deep Red (Profondo rosso) (1975) 22
41. 95% House On Haunted Hill (1959) 21
42. 95% Island of Lost Souls (The Island of Dr. Moreau) (1932) 20
43. 95% Midnight Son (2009) 20
44. 94% The Silence of the Lambs (1991) 69
45. 94% Halloween (1978) 50
46. 94% Young Frankenstein (1974) 50
47. 94% Los ojos de Julia (Julia's Eyes) (2010) 34
48. 94% Fright Night (1985) 31
49. 94% The Wolf Man (1941) 31
50. 93% Gwoemul (The Host) (2006) 148

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another tool you might use in your search for the most horrific movie titles for you personally is a website called Gnod. Here is the description the site gives for what it does:

Welcome to the world of Gnod!

Gnod is my experiment in the field of artificial intelligence. Its a self-adapting system, living on this server and 'talking' to everyone who comes along. Gnods intention is to learn about the outer world and to learn 'understanding' its visitors. This enables gnod to share all its wisdom with you in an intuitive and efficient way. You might call it a search-engine to find things you don't know about.

Here is the link to the main site:

http://www.gnod.net/

They have "maps" for literature (books and authors), music, and movies. All you do is type a horror movie that really rocked your boat and hit enter and then a map appears with all different names of horror movies. Your movie title will appear in the center of the map, and the closer another movie is floating to the middle the more likely it will appeal to your tastes. It is a GREAT FUCKING TOOL, one of the good things the internet makes possible.

Here is the link to the Gnovies for their movie map:

http://www.gnovies.com/

This works wonders when trying to find new bands, new authors, etc.

floralheart

Veteran
I got fright night 2 to watch tonight. The newer one.

Right now I'm watching Spooky House. It's a kids film. Trying to be at peace and whatnot.

floralheart

Veteran
Another tool you might use in your search for the most horrific movie titles for you personally is a website called Gnod. Here is the description the site gives for what it does:

Welcome to the world of Gnod!

Gnod is my experiment in the field of artificial intelligence. Its a self-adapting system, living on this server and 'talking' to everyone who comes along. Gnods intention is to learn about the outer world and to learn 'understanding' its visitors. This enables gnod to share all its wisdom with you in an intuitive and efficient way. You might call it a search-engine to find things you don't know about.

Here is the link to the main site:

http://www.gnod.net/

They have "maps" for literature (books and authors), music, and movies. All you do is type a horror movie that really rocked your boat and hit enter and then a map appears with all different names of horror movies. Your movie title will appear in the center of the map, and the closer another movie is floating to the middle the more likely it will appeal to your tastes. It is a GREAT FUCKING TOOL, one of the good things the internet makes possible.

Here is the link to the Gnovies for their movie map:

http://www.gnovies.com/

This works wonders when trying to find new bands, new authors, etc.

That's pretty cool. I've already overused it in 5 minutes. What the fnord.

Cannavore

Veteran
Hmmm let's see here:

Dead Alive
Last House on the Left (Original)
Jacob's Ladder
Eraserhead
Aliens
REC
The Shining
Audition
28 Days Later
Shaun of the Dead

WelderDan

Veteran
Motel Hell

Blood Diner

I love Motel Hell. The way they cut the peoples vocal cords and buried them up to their necks and fed them with a funnel was seriously fucked up. Then they harvested them by putting a chain around their neck and yanking them out of the ground with a tractor.

The one that really got to me was Hannibal

When Anthony Hopkins takes the top of Ray Liotta's skull off, cuts a hunk of his brain out and cooks it, then feeds it to him, it gave me the freaking willies like no other movie has. Gore doesn't bother me, but that creeped me out badly.

I saw the Patterson Bigfoot film when I was like 10 or 11. I looked in my closet and under the bed for a week after watching that. Now it's just comical, but it scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
Well the Evil Dead 1 was way better than part 2....imo of course. I'm old

Cannabis

Veteran
Jacob's Ladder. After the freakin out your ass is gonna cry a lil tear of sweetness it ended well in the end after all, and everything turns out to be just a dream. Till then you're gonna see how much sweat some light filters and a couple of cloth sacks can squeeze outta ya.

Remember: this film was made when everybody was a lot more tense about Vietnam than now. It was tense times and AT the time the movie was one mean razor blade to show a dude, yo. Just a mean assed movie like "Last House On The Left".

Some things, it's better if you don't make it too gritty and mean cause - cause ?

Just cause. My friend told me "I bet you can't watch one hour of "Last House On The Left" sitting in one room, alone, without getting up and turning it off and walking out of the room."

I said, ...Ok.

My bro rented me that movie, told me "here let me time you. Are you ready?"

He was my roomate so you know, I said, Yeah.

He said "DON'T TURN it OFF. IF I hear it go off I'll assume you had to turn it off."

I said, "aight."

I lasted about 20 minutes. I told homie, "I cain't watch no more uh that," and that was the end of that shit.

Jacob's Ladder: that was one mean movie for it's time. You're gonna shed that lil tear of happiness at the end.

Latest posts

Latest posts