What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Deep Dark Spicy Afghani in Reg Seed Currently Available

supino

Hey everyone...
I'm wondering if anyone can offer me some suggestions (preferably from experience) on choosing a nice Afghani in regular seed form. I would like something a bit more on the spicy, incense, hashy side of smell/flavor, as well as a potent body wrap to whisk away my insomnia. I do want to avoid anything fruity, berry, or citrus in predominance. I am quite aware of phenotypical/genotypical differences in plants, I am just looking for these qualities to be predominant in a pack of seeds.
I have heard good things about Sensi's Maple Leaf Indica (even as of late)and KC Brain's Afghani Special.
Thanks for lookin' any suggestions?

C

Cep

Black Domina. I've only grown one individual and it was potent. The nose was a little fruity, but that didn't transfer to taste, which was hashy.

Maple Leaf Indica has gotten really good reviews. I've seen several, a couple described it being a really good outdoor plant as well.

Cannavore

Veteran
Maple Leaf Indica isn't really the most potent ghani, some samples I've had are redfruit/syrup and hash while others are incense hash and earth. Great happy high but there's definitely stronger weed out there.

If you can still find it:

Motarebel's old work -- Redneck Koosh and/or Double Koosh (F2 of Redneck Koosh) which is pre98 Bubba Kush crossed to the 1988 G13/HP. It'll have the potency you're looking for and next to no fruit smell.

supino

Cep: Thanks for you input..whose Black Domina did you frow..Sensi's?
Cannivore: I definatly need power, as my tolerance is max'd out.. All of Mota's stuff looks killer, and that cross does indeed sound like a winner. If im not mistaken that male has dusted a few ladies out there. Thanks for putting that direction on the map.

C

Cep

Yep, sensi seeds. You might want to check out ortega (Mr. Nice not Dutch Passion).

Motarebel also has a newer offering called Ghash that has G13xhashplant. Hazeman, who used to work with mota released G13xhashplant as regulars as well.

Cannavore

Veteran
Cep: Thanks for you input..whose Black Domina did you frow..Sensi's?
Cannivore: I definatly need power, as my tolerance is max'd out.. All of Mota's stuff looks killer, and that cross does indeed sound like a winner. If im not mistaken that male has dusted a few ladies out there. Thanks for putting that direction on the map.

No problem, like I said it is older and theres only two places that I know that still have them in stock.

Bodhi also works with the 88 G13/HP line, his Dank Sinatra cross might be up your alley too. The mother that is used is the LA Affie which is supposedly the mom to LA Confidential. He's gonna start cranking out G13/HP crosses again so follow him as well :)

Edit - I forgot hazeman also has some motarebel strains renamed because they worked on them together. You should be able to find that bubba x g13/HP, pure g13/hp, and g13 bx2 on his strain lists.

bigherb

Veteran
Yep, sensi seeds. You might want to check out ortega (Mr. Nice not Dutch Passion).

Motarebel also has a newer offering called Ghash that has G13xhashplant. Hazeman, who used to work with mota released G13xhashplant as regulars as well.

Mota Neva sold pure Ghash it was gifted to him an he may have gifted it to others but I don't recall Eva listed pure from mota . If I recall ngnguy's wishes were to not release it pure

To the op I think deep chunk might suit ya

1luvbigherb

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I've heard Dank Sinatra and some others are going to drop again sometime in the next couple months as I don't think you can find them otherwise.

Extrema by ****** fits the bill for you too. Very nice plants. Skunky/funky smells. No fruit. Warm all over body wrap high.

I think I'd personally go for Deep Chunk if I was looking for a pure Afghani.

Cannavore

Veteran
Mota Neva sold pure Ghash it was gifted to him an he may have gifted it to others but I don't recall Eva listed pure from mota . If I recall ngnguy's wishes were to not release it pure

To the op I think deep chunk might suit ya

1luvbigherb

Yeah that's 'Valley Ghash' from Mota -- (88 G13/HP x Loran's Long Bottom Leaf)

there goes edro

Veteran
Went with sweet seeds SAD which is a S1 of a 98 Black Dominia. Looking for a nice Afghani myself. Also couldn't resist adding Hazeman's Madness to the seed stash. Haven't grown them out yet but SAD might be popped soon. I'll chime in with my experience at a later date, God willing.

bigherb

Veteran
Cannivore

Yea Mota has a few crosses with ghash I believe a few up now . I was gifted MvTf x Ghash seed . Mota has amazing indie crosses his pow his G13bx . I grew out fugu kush St8 fire better than the kush that was floating around my way at the time

Guerill

I agree

To add DNA is offering LA Affie seeds

1luvbigherb

growhi

Hey Growhi..hows the nose and flav on that?

its earthy hashy indica goodness ! ............. i dont smoke indica allot , i just keep some for sleepless nights , iv still got some in a jar somewhere !!

if doesn't get much stronger ! , Nirvana them self's even say its there strongest strain

C

Cep

Ya I think there was some beef about that. I think due to Hazeman selling the "Ghash" instead of giving it away. I remember when it was first posted on seed banks it was offered as a freebie pack included with Hazeman purchases but now its a regular offering.

LA Con is a good one. Low yielder though.

Dirt Life

Veteran
I second growhi's recommendation of Nirvanas A. Indica, but only because I've had fantastic luck with Nirvanas Afghan crosses.

What I would personally suggest is/was their NL/Shiva they used to offer... EXACTLY what you are looking for. My selected keeper is pure black pepper skunk hash, with a knockout body and a "peel yo wig back" head.

Their Affie is spicy goooooodness. :)

Good luck on your search, my friend.

kin_dawg

'Peel yo wig back head' oowee giving me the hibbity jibs just thinking about that ol feeling brother ManyClouds.
My experience with AI was down right terrible but from all reports seems it isn't the typical one.
Peace.

sdd420

Veteran
Lavender is a strong indica, with a incense hasty smell and taste not grown by myself but smoked from the sf clubs peace sdd