What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the real and original purple kush clone that came to me via the west coast of america dropped on the canadian market like an atomic bomb.

in my 20 years in the game, i have never seen a strain dominate the market for as long and for as much.

at one point pounds were 3500-3600 and ounces made it up to 350 in some parts at certain times of the season. those are 1990;s prices. unheard of in bc forever. even maple ridge kush is 3100-3300 year around, with a dry or saturated market.

i remember being in winnipeg for christmas in 07, and getting offers of 125 per quarter ounce, kicking off an insane kush craze in the praries.

before it made it to bc, and got basterdized and or selfed and regrown, it was an og kush x purple afghani. i have the original cut, not the weaker s1's and imitations from surrey, maple ridge and elsewhere.

she is cropped on the regular by many folks at 45 days, and turns out night and day to 60 days and 70 days. respectfully.

her smell is grapes, coffee, road kill, earth and fuel, especially on the stalk, the fuel smell is powerfull.

her effect has more body then just an og kush, due to the afghani parentage in the cross. which also bumps yield and hastens cropping for select people who prefer her @ 42-56 days. especially in rockwool.

taste is a bit dryer then the smell, but almost as rich and full if grow organically as i recommend.

i have used 4 males to out-cross her with.

mk ultra, med-mans head-band, tahoe og kush and an og kush from seed from cali.

i chose the best one and am done my bx2's. time to ibl. it wont take long. all the bx1's were 75% ppk when germed, and wasnt hard to choose good selections even in veg.

this will be the purest purple kush available to my knowledge once completed. reatining everything the mother elite has, plus vigor from seed.

watch out for too high ppm and humidity. afghanis dont like soggy mediums either.

the "hps" pic (552) is week 7, the same bud is the first pic 2 weeks later (524).

the shitty "upclose" pic isnt the best until you look at the chunks in the back ground
2007-2008 medman grow journal 524.jpg
2007-2008 medman grow journal 549.jpg
2007-2008 medman grow journal 552.jpg
2007-2008 medman grow journal 570.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
more purple pain killer

more purple pain killer

here are some over-all plant and room pics

all different stages...
2007-2008 medman grow journal 346.jpg
2007-2008 medman grow journal 354.jpg
2007-2008 medman grow journal 368.jpg
2007-2008 medman grow journal 375.jpg
2007-2008 medman grow journal 379.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
purple pain killer

purple pain killer

various plant pics
2007-2008 medman grow journal 383.jpg
2007-2008 medman grow journal 384.jpg
2007-2008 medman grow journal 386.jpg
2007-2008 medman grow journal 461.jpg
2007-2008 medman grow journal 511.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ppk big trees

ppk big trees

shes clones easy, and performs well in everything from no veg sog to huge trees like these
DSCF0849.jpg
DSCF0850.jpg
DSCF0851.jpg
DSCF0856.jpg
DSCF0861.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
dude, bx2's were cropped last week. i cant wait to pop some and or see others growing her.

she a real 10/10 for sure. look, smell, yield, vigor

med-man

D

DonJuanMatus

so you outcrossed to 4 males and then chose the best f1 from one of those 4 lines to do the bx with? if some which of those 4 males? and from how large of a genepool (crack).. if not can you clarify further or maybe add the genetic lineage of the ppk written out?

this is honestly a genuine question, i am not trolling but actually interested

i have gotten samples of purple kush back home that was hands down some of the best herb ive smoked in my life..your description sounds somewhat similar, it had a deep hashy grapey earthy taste , coats the mouth for a long time, very ghani-ish..and an extremely strong but great feeling high..since then ive been on the hunt to find out which pk this was, i have grown out lvpk and it was good but not even close to this pk..still have to try the sr71 to cross that off the list but seeing yours not labeled lvpk or sr71 it got my attention...do you know if your pk is either of those? have you tried those 2 pk's? and if so how would you compare them to yours?

again this is a genuine question and id love a genuine answer because i wouldnt mind giving it a run if i think its a legit cross, in the chance it might be the same pk i had

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oye don juan

my clone was rumored to be kushmans pk, as it came from the pacific northwest of america.

i was just in toronto with some heavy weights in the game, and they said it was the sr71.

your description is bang on.

the beans i sent in to ic are a bx1 of the pk x mk ultra.

i didnt like the f-1s too much, but, the mk ultra had very strong phenos in the cross, which actually helped me choose better specimens then the other dads used.

mind you, my fave is med-mans head-band x pk f-1. all pk in look, smell and taste. with more vigor and resin and yield.

but anyway, this one is that strong ghani you are looking for, and the bx1 offers very strong pk leaning specimens

here are some pics of the clone only vs the bx1s used to backcross again for the bx2

even the bx1 ibl's will be very very nice, as i will have a bunch of those soon too

in any event, i wouldnt doubt these are are what you are looking for

med-man
pk clone.jpg
pk clone 2.jpg
pk bx1.jpg

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey big bag, honeslty man, i have been in growers hibernation for l a long time now. just collecting cuts and hoarding.

i cant answer your question for certain. if i ever meet him i will ask for you

med-man

D

DonJuanMatus

thank you for the detailed answer, those pics looks ALOT like the pk i had! ill be snatching some of these up

if the headband is more pk dominant, are you planning on dropping any bx's made with the headband f1's? id like to run the one with the most non dominant outcross

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey djm

all good. i have seen a lot of "pk" and this one is the bigest yielding, easiest to grow and potent. it would not have been a bc hit had it been weak in any of these areas.

the thing with the headband is it is an extremely stretchy girl. and that trait is her strong suite. when creating a definitve. refined pk in seed for i wanted something closer to her (pk). the afghani in the mk ultra is well suited.

the mmhb has no smell, or taste really, so she is awesome for boosting yiedl, vigor and resin production in any of my moms.

i guarantee you will get 1 good mom from a pack, thats identical to the clone, just more vigor as she is from seed respectfully

med-man

bigherb

Veteran
the real and original purple kush clone that came to me via the west coast of america dropped on the canadian market like an atomic bomb.

in my 20 years in the game, i have never seen a strain dominate the market for as long and for as much.

at one point pounds were 3500-3600 and ounces made it up to 350 in some parts at certain times of the season. those are 1990;s prices. unheard of in bc forever. even maple ridge kush is 3100-3300 year around, with a dry or saturated market.

i remember being in winnipeg for christmas in 07, and getting offers of 125 per quarter ounce, kicking off an insane kush craze in the praries.

before it made it to bc, and got basterdized and or selfed and regrown, it was an og kush x purple afghani. i have the original cut, not the weaker s1's and imitations from surrey, maple ridge and elsewhere.

she is cropped on the regular by many folks at 45 days, and turns out night and day to 60 days and 70 days. respectfully.

her smell is grapes, coffee, road kill, earth and fuel, especially on the stalk, the fuel smell is powerfull.

Brother

This cross sounds Interesting, but Its not OPK believe No OG is in her lineage .

the original PK was a staple for the Garberville area till '84 and then no longer.........and have yet to attain once again......many wannnabes, but none come close......
and would agree w/ Sam that no indica was ever involved in the original BSHW

howdy Big H.....
don't know of a cut that matches the orig. PK ...though may be some hybrids of....in early 80's it was a staple that some folks I knew in the Panther Gap area of southern Humby county tended along with a 12th generation Chilean indica that we nic'ed the "Brain Weed".....supposed origin of PK was a Vet bring back who resided outside of Petrolia and was also responsible for a pure Burmese line that worked very well closer to the coast........lived off wind generators and propane and rarely cleared less than 80 lb's/season........those were the daaaazzze..........

ganj on................

Mtn. Nectar

1luvbigherb

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
interesting to hear, thanks for sharing.

my cut is 50% og for sure. the fuel and "kush" side of the plant is all her. what i heard was the ghani was used to bump yield and hasten ripening and add thickness and stoutness.

i guess the question is which "og" and what do we mean by "og"

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that sample tested at 23% in toronto

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya, i really liked that one. she purps up really nice

med-man

bigherb

Veteran
interesting to hear, thanks for sharing.

my cut is 50% og for sure. the fuel and "kush" side of the plant is all her. what i heard was the ghani was used to bump yield and hasten ripening and add thickness and stoutness.

i guess the question is which "og" and what do we mean by "og"

med-man

You got it bro

Thankyou for sharing your stock ,I hope can source some of those old school strains from 70's that made it up there. I know there are some Special genetics real Kushes like Charles Kush . I got my eye on that RKS clone of yours . Im not into the in thing ,The kushes are Fire but im More interested in Afghan Kushes an not the Sativa/indica Chem line .

1luvbigherb

bigbag

Veteran
still have the 88' Charles kush, not too vigorous now, but killer old school kush smoke ! was gifted from reef himself, so know its legit. pretty similar to master, but sharper, more acrid nose

Latest posts

Latest posts