What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What is your average monthly power bill?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is your average monthly power bill?

hmmm, I don't leave carbon footprints, more like some boot stompin' tracks.

my January consumption cost $325. My entire crib is electric whereas all of the following appliances could be gas powered; heat, hot water heater, stove, oven, clothes dryer, and of course like most everyone else everything else in my home is compelled to be straight AC power from the grid.

My January usage reflects temperatures (actual temps not wind chill #s) that were a near constant -15F & dipping down to -25/-30F every 2nd or 3rd day. I keep the heat up high to warm my back n' bones, I walk my dogs often and I don't bundle up for going outside regardless of the weather, whenever I come back in my crib it's gotta be toasty.

on an average month 120-$150, again everything I use is powered by electric & being disabled I'm home over 90% of the time.

zingablack

livin my way the high way
Veteran
damn s4l sounds like you got that electricity figured out. id be ecstatic if my bills were that low.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I run 3200 KW of lights and associated fans, de-hueys, AC etc....I've seen power bills very near$1,000.000 per month.

Northern California.....gotta love it!

LubdaNugs

Veteran
Around $225, the majority of that being hot water and cooking. I heat my house with wood and only use a 400w.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Around $250 per month, but my house is well-insulated (except for the sun room). I think that is pretty darn good for a 4,081 square foot house with a hobby grow and the crushing summer heat we have here in Houston. My last house was 300 square feet smaller and the power bills were always $400 to $500 a month.

Drift13

About $150 on the months with no heat or a/c. Now the months with heat or a/c about $350. My very small grow is based on a 400-W HPS fixture.

O

otis33

Home, 3400wts of lights + fans dehuey, etc=300-500$

Rental, 5000wts ++etc=300-400$. Recently added 2x1000's so I'm guessing it will increase to 400ish from 300 ish

O

otis33

I kind of expected to pay more for power when I got into this... We apparently have decent rates

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
~$600-700.

That is burning up to around 12,000w at any given time.. sometimes on a 24hr cycle, other times on 12/12 or off completely.

36k BTU split AC (however its winter here) and entire house is ran on electric. - no gas, but wood heat. Everything else is electric.

I got a few $1200 bills but discovered my outdoor wood furnace was circulating cold (while not being used) water into my hot water tank (causing it to heat constantly). I discovered this after getting super high bills and bypassed the hot water tank. Next bill was $700.. we'll see where it goes from here.

Paying around 7 cents per KWH + a bunch of bullshit tarriffs / rate recovering, etc, etc.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
one million dollars
Dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg

when I googled "one million dollars" this is the first things that came up, and exactly what I was looking for. I love google.

Cinben

4000w total grow related. 3 people living here with lots of electronics - $310 every two months in winter. Any other time is dirt cheap. Summer time under 250 with air conditioning. Again that is only every 2 months - southern ontario

bean82

I use on average, 15kWh/day. 3 ppl living in the appartment, and a 550w grow setup. That'll be 450kWh/month = app. $170.
Danish prices are crazy. 1/4 of the bill is for the actual power used. The remaining 3/4 is a mix of taxed and fees, where most of it goes to the government and a bit to the electrical company.