What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cleaning reservoir?

Painfull

Hi everybody,
Asking what works best for cleaning your reservoir. I tried everything but still have that crusty film and can't seem to get it off. I even used a hand held steamer and it still didn't get most of it. I would like to use something safe.

Thanks,
Painfull

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
I usually just bring mine in to the kitchen..and hit it with a sponge and physan 20. If my tables are super dirty or stained from nutrients and muck..I will throw some bleach on it...but I always rinse it well when dealing with bleach.

Try some of those green scrubby pads....that should help.

TpM

W

willyweed

i use bleach and h202 be careful when mixing together as they react to each other ! wear gloves and then rinse well ! goodluck

A

ak-51

I just clean with a brillo pad and a tiny bit of physan 20.

Yes, there is stuff that is so hard or in a crack so small I can't get off. I don't worry about it though. If I can't even get it off with cleaner and scrubbing then I doubt it'll cause me any problems.

Maybe a power washer would do it?

GeorgeSmiley

Remembers
Veteran
I use hot water and oxy clean. Then I rinse it down and spray with 5% bleach solution and let it air dry. Then rinse and fill. I also clean the PVC down tube defuser in the same manner.

GS

Rowdy420

I will recommend the two-part bleach from Ona, you can supposedly clean a system with the plants still alive in the system but, I've never tried that yet! I run it over night and it does help loosen the crusties that build up. In the end though I still use a scrubby and comet as last phase cleaning.

Good luck, Peace

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The white pads made for cleaning acrylic sold at aquarium supply places/pet stores work very well. I clean my ez-cloner with it with warm water and it gets the salts and other stuff off no problem.

Bud+

If you clean it more often there would probably be less buildup to begin with and as such it would be much easier to clean.

Easycheese

I use this stuff called PBW (Powdered Brewery Wash) Its for cleaning brewery equipment and all the crap that dries and cakes on fermenters and such. You just add it to water and let it sit overnight. It's completely non-toxic and since its made for breweries it rinses of really easy. (caint have any weird residues in the finished beer). I got some used 100 gal res's a while back and they had shit caked on them like cement. I had to let them sit for a couple days but PBW was the only thing that would touch that stuff. I get it off ebay fwiw.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
I would have to recommend "Mr Clean Magic Eraser" that along with bleach will strip any salt buildups away with np. Something magic about those magic erasers and they do work like a charm.

vertigo0007

I would have to recommend "Mr Clean Magic Eraser" that along with bleach will strip any salt buildups away with np. Something magic about those magic erasers and they do work like a charm.

Nice, i had my girl look for the "nute salt" magic eraser, but no luck! Can u suggest which eraser or will they all the work same.

Mud Boy

Soak in Lime Away, CLR or any other lime and calcium remover mixed with water for a few days, it'll loosen up enough that it should come right off..

WelderDan

Veteran
C-L-E-A-N?

I doubt I've done more than dump & rinse. Maybe once. Maybe. Never had any issues

Latest posts

Latest posts