What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How often are you replacing your T5 bulbs?

0'dweeds

Was wondering about this recently... been using the same ones for a while now.

*edit, and sorry for not using the search feature as I am sure this topic has been discussed many times.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ exactly.

you shouldn't be, reduce your impact on the planet. cycle the "old" bulbs to veg, clone, or mom duty.

Blaz3

Well fluorescents dont really lose lumen output over their life...I'd say maybe once a year?....or until they die...

0'dweeds

Thanks guys, that's what I was thinking. I've been using the same bulbs for clone/veg for the past 3-4 years now... Just making sure there isn't that big of a difference.

jessicalennita

It does not matters to change then often frequently but it depends upon your growth. Some lights may lasts for long time and some cannot. So it would be better to change once in a year or you can wait till they die.

Latest posts

Latest posts