What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Has Covid in the US affected wholesale Canadian prices?

VagPuncher

Balls Deep!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The ACMPR’s days are numbered. I’d be surprised if in October you don’t hear ‘Licensed Producers have made cannabis affordable for all medical patients and we no longer see the need for the program’ and a closing date given.

Pressure from the LP’s and desire to close the BM will be very strong.

Thesearch

The ACMPR’s days are numbered. I’d be surprised if in October you don’t hear ‘Licensed Producers have made cannabis affordable for all medical patients and we no longer see the need for the program’ and a closing date given.

Pressure from the LP’s and desire to close the BM will be very strong.

it would be overturned in court pretty quick though

H G Griffin

it would be overturned in court pretty quick though

Yeah, I think that horse is out of the barn. Any enforcement on small personal growers would be very expensive and the penalties would be tiny.
The bad publicity, the news stories showing disabled veterans and little old ladies decrying the loss of ability to grow their vital medicine, the opinion pieces by doctors... I just don't see it happening.

mango420

I don’t know how LP’s can claim it’s now affordable when their prices for med patients are higher now than pre legalization.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, I think that horse is out of the barn. Any enforcement on small personal growers would be very expensive and the penalties would be tiny.
The bad publicity, the news stories showing disabled veterans and little old ladies decrying the loss of ability to grow their vital medicine, the opinion pieces by doctors... I just don't see it happening.

That wouldn't be the priority at all. All they have to do is send inspectors around. 9/10 grows would fail a basic safety inspection. Whittle the work down further by focusing on licenses with 100+ plants.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
That wouldn't be the priority at all. All they have to do is send inspectors around. 9/10 grows would fail a basic safety inspection. Whittle the work down further by focusing on licenses with 100+ plants.

Exactly. Is your indoor lighting CSA approved? Ground fault detectors in use? etc etc

H G Griffin

Exactly. Is your indoor lighting CSA approved? Ground fault detectors in use? etc etc

For all of this to happen, you have to have an approved grow. If, for a random example that applies to nobody I know, one chose to get a medical prescription but not apply to grow, the inspectors and LEOs would have no idea where to start looking.

If that hypothetical person kept their numbers below the 5 plants per gram of prescription limit, I still contend that as long as they aren't engaging in commercial activity, they will not be a viable target for enforcement. If you have an understanding of the costs of investigations and prosecutions, you will see that it just is not worth targeting small personal growers.

If that hypothetical Canadian follows the old mantra of no smell, no sell, no tell, there should be no legitimate concerns.

If the grower is trying to use the medical system as a workaround for an illegal commercial cannabis business, I really don't give a damn about them. They just bring unwanted scrutiny on those of us who only want to support our own needs.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Good points. It might be worthwhile to let the grow license expire.

With a grow license of any size you are essentially saying: Look at me. With a grow license of 100+ plants you are saying: Look at me first.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran

I don't think they give a flying fuck. They're all controlled by the same money. And they do not give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks. The surveillance grid that is established is absolutely terrifying and the fact they are trying to disarm us even worse. I assure you politically nothing matters anymore. If it's on the media enough people will swallow it to allow just about anything.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
From Stratcann

"Health Canada also says it has taken several steps to strengthen its oversight of persons authorized to produce a limited amount of cannabis for medical purposes. This includes scrutiny of high gram amount authorizations and engagement with provincial and territorial colleges of physicians to look into these physicians activities, continued engagement with munis and law enforcement on how the medical access system works, as well as applying new powers to refuse or revoke a registration on the grounds of public health and public safety, and increasing the focus on compliance promotion with registrants.

Personal and medical authorization sites have been coming under increased scrutiny by several municipalities, as well as many Conservative MPs, especially in Ontario where OPP says criminal enterprises exploiting the Health Canada medical, personal and designate cannabis production regime."

Thesearch

From Stratcann

"Health Canada also says it has taken several steps to strengthen its oversight of persons authorized to produce a limited amount of cannabis for medical purposes. This includes scrutiny of high gram amount authorizations and engagement with provincial and territorial colleges of physicians to look into these physicians activities, continued engagement with munis and law enforcement on how the medical access system works, as well as applying new powers to refuse or revoke a registration on the grounds of public health and public safety, and increasing the focus on compliance promotion with registrants.

Personal and medical authorization sites have been coming under increased scrutiny by several municipalities, as well as many Conservative MPs, especially in Ontario where OPP says criminal enterprises exploiting the Health Canada medical, personal and designate cannabis production regime."

the system is most definitely broken right now, but if they try to restrict your ability to grow even more it will trigger court cases that will lead to eventual loosening of the laws, as far as I see it. If they're going to open that can of worms they will have to explain why people are **forced** to virtually bribe doctors in order to get a prescription. there is no proper procedure as no family doctor will prescribe it and just refer you to these blatantly criminal organizations that determine your prescription based on how much you pay them. the more you look this beast in the eye the more you will see it is the patients being exploited, not the government...

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Corporations are losing money. They know why. It will be rectified, regardless of lawsuits, the value of which pales in comparison to the revenue lost by business and worse, the government.

Everything else is just talk. Interfere with a rich mans right to make money and the governments collection of taxes from them and see what happens.

Bmac1

Veteran
The inspections would certainly cause problems for a lot of grows. That being said, I agree with the thought that these 50, 70, 90+gram per day personal licenses are going to be the low hanging fruit and those branches are bending.

It would be a shit storm publicly to go after the small licensees because that is where they will find the legitimate needs and sob stories that will tug on the collective public heart strings.

But...

If you are pulling up to your inspection of your 95g/day license that you paid Dr Nick from The Simpsons for, at your million dollar build out on your acreage and walking by your 200k ski boat etc while your Landscaping Company hasn't touched a mower in years....your days might be numbered.

H G Griffin

They're all controlled by the same money.

Exactly. Which is why it is not economically feasible to chase after small personal medical growers. LEOs have to justify their use of their budget, and not having the resources to chase actual criminals because those resources were pissed away on busting Cousin George for his glaucoma medicine will not fly.

Even the cops don't want to chase that piddly crap. They'd rather look for busts that will make positive news or that make them look like tough guys. Being filmed dragging Granny away in cuffs for weed does the opposite.

Thesearch

Not so much about lawsuits or sob stories as much as charter challenges. The public's opinion is irrelevant at that point, judges will decide and the government would have to pull a section 1 which would have to basically be them saying it is in the best interest of the nation to be violating their charter rights, proven to a "court"/judge.

ortsa1

I don't think they give a flying fuck. They're all controlled by the same money. And they do not give a fuck what you or anyone else thinks. The surveillance grid that is established is absolutely terrifying and the fact they are trying to disarm us even worse. I assure you politically nothing matters anymore. If it's on the media enough people will swallow it to allow just about anything.

very true. they can pretty much do anything they want now. They have enough low iq brown skin voters to stay in power for life now. They have the CBC/media fully owned and the Conservative party is controlled opposition at best.

H G Griffin

very true. they can pretty much do anything they want now. They have enough low iq brown skin voters to stay in power for life now. They have the CBC/media fully owned and the Conservative party is controlled opposition at best.

Oh look, it's another racist lowlife.