What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dark Green Brick Weed

G13Fan

Found a person who gets the old school brick weed and I got the corner ! It's the dark green variety smells like was pressed wet .I broke up the bag and found only a few seeds but will keep them. The smoke is really harsh but has a really nice incense soap sort of undertone flavor if you can make yourself taste the real flavor over the harshness of the smoke. It is rare I come across this old school bud. I wonder what and who grows this stuff probably down in Mexico. I am actually enjoying it from all that I learned so far on the site here. The chem weird ammonia smell from the brick process is the hardest part but the buzz is nice long lasting and not too couch locky. I am fairly awake and energized actually. Seeds look pretty good too not flat and black. They look like tiny sativa seeds. I wonder what variety's they grow it's basically the same thing I smoked 20 yrs ago. You get alot for the money too I like that part I can fill the sherlock.

Mexican brick weed try it again for the first time !

G13Fan

Update ! I found 3 seeds ! I will grow them and see what appears ! Anyone have any funny or cool Mexican brick weed story's?

Mystic Funk

Update ! I found 3 seeds ! I will grow them and see what appears ! Anyone have any funny or cool Mexican brick weed story's?

I was breaking up pounds of mexican brick for sale years ago and found a huge dead spider in the middle. I told this to my friend and he said he found a bird one time. Not totally sure if he was serious or not but we both laughed.

I do miss getting good Mexican bud. I liked the Guerrero and Oaxacan the best. I still have original lines of those.

Peace
Mystic

'Boogieman'

I was breaking up pounds of mexican brick for sale years ago and found a huge dead spider in the middle. I told this to my friend and he said he found a bird one time. Not totally sure if he was serious or not but we both laughed.

I do miss getting good Mexican bud. I liked the Guerrero and Oaxacan the best. I still have original lines of those.

Peace
Mystic

I have found small black screws before.

X

xavier7995

Man the random stuff in the middle of the bricks always cracked me up. Normally just plastic or some rope, but found some tiny lucha wrestling figures once. The high was often better than the pricey weed. The last several times I got brick was in Kansas city ghettos 5 or 6 years back and quality was real hit or miss, but the "good" weed wasn't good or worth the price. Wasnt quite what I remembered from being a kid though.

The cob thread about fermenting your weed is a good read and I think it does something similar to the brick process.

I always get excited and grow out mexican varieties trying to find that magic, so far no luck, I'm looking for some giggles.

Cvh

Supermod
^In the UK and in other countries in the EU, Asian gangs/triads run grow ops with forced labour involving illegal immigrants. They are many times held against there will and forced to work.

Here is a short video about it
[YOUTUBEIF]Zf_D6U8vsWY[/YOUTUBEIF]

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Interesting...

Harsh is definitely contributed to by the dark green, overfed and probably right up till harvest, grow style. Insecticidal soaps have the same soapy taste/feel, though the incense might actually be the cannabis. :)

So amazing we're in 2020, and our legislators/public are still so ignorant cannabis remains restricted and prohibited. These are the same people everyone is bowing down to, because they suddenly became educated and are the go-to for virus advice? Why do I mention this? Mainly because imported brick weed never should have been a 'thing.' Right? :) Still, I personally appreciated them coming into the country over the decades.

Should be interesting to see what comes out of the seeds. :D With the dark green, they have a great chance of being well fed and healthy.

rolandomota

Veteran
The ammonia ones are pressed wet or wet then pressed? It's not always like that and I doubt it's insecticide soap in the flavor also yea it's better than the expensive kakali a lot of times.
Still some seem to think their smoking better because they paid more and it's fluffy lol dudes are crazy as fuck

One time I had a incense brick that was some of the best I ever smoked a creeper actually but this guy that bought some from me a huge pot snob, I only smoke top shelf kind of dumbass never admitted it was better than the shit Cali weed he was getting that was funny as fuck never ever did he say it was better he just couldn't bring himself to say it he bought an ounce and kept saying my girl likes it but he just couldn't admit it was better than all the expensive shit he smoked me out with all that stuff was crapola

It was good Mexico shit man really good way better than the expensive pretty wack ass no high weed he brought. It was better than most brick When the dealer gave me the open brick I caught a wiff of skunk and I said right away o yeah take my money dude hurry 300 and get out of my car
Sadly the next time I wanted some the idiot dealer switched to the expensive because "I can't get in as much trouble if they catch me with less than 2 oz vs a lb" fucking retarded that's the last time I ever called that dude what a pussy

squatty

Yes Douglas Curtis, a couple days ago I got really upset watching the news. The story was about a recent study that said smoking cannabis was bad for you and could lead to a heart attack.

I have no confidence in the establishment when it comes to cannabis. Smoking cannabis may not be good for me, but for them to try and influence my decisions after decades of the bullshit they've thrown at us concerning "marijuana" fuck them.

'Boogieman'

The brick we get is more lime green with small black seeds. Pine smell and happy high. I have to admit though I got some wedding cake that came from cali that is very good right now.

OGfan

Around 1998 or so there was Mexican brick everywhere in my area (we called it "the brown frown"). Seeds from that is what got me started growing.

Since then I've grown a lot of famous clones and seed lines, but some of the most impressive plants I ever grew came from Mexican brick. A lot of times the brick weed was't so good, but the genetics were there.

OGfan

^In the UK and in other countries in the EU, Asian gangs/triads run grow ops with forced labour involving illegal immigrants. They are many times held against there will and forced to work.

Here is a short video about it
[YOUTUBEIF]Zf_D6U8vsWY[/YOUTUBEIF]
There's no place like home

linde

Unfortunately most of the Mexican weed grown today is dutch. Had a friend down there searching for some classic Mexican and asked where their seeds were sourced. They answered Holland. I haven't seen true Mexican red and gold import since around 94'. But who knows ...grow them out u might find something special

OGfan

Unfortunately most of the Mexican weed grown today is dutch. Had a friend down there searching for some classic Mexican and asked where their seeds were sourced. They answered Holland. I haven't seen true Mexican red and gold import since around 94'. But who knows ...grow them out u might find something special
Ran into the same problem in Jamaica 20 years ago.