What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fluffy buds - can they be saved?

Week 6
Plat cookie
What can I do to save these - I think they have 2-3 weeks or maybe more before they are done but the buds seem super soft, or am I just freaking out because its too early?

Room temp 82 day - I am running CO2
Room temp 73 Night.
Day Humidity 60
Night Humidity 60-65
1000W DE lights
Any help is appreciated

Attachments

• 366ED866-1C37-45CC-8672-FBC6465775D6.jpg
    366ED866-1C37-45CC-8672-FBC6465775D6.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 9AC18194-4252-4C2D-9FFC-0BC330859635.jpg
    9AC18194-4252-4C2D-9FFC-0BC330859635.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 29

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They look great! Id just keep doing what youre doing, they will bulk up.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Mine tend to bulk up a bit the last 2 weeks or so. But I nominate myself to take one for the team and smoke any fluffy buds that people don't want to smoke themselves.

bushed

Did you grow from seed? As others have said they will bulk up, but some plants are just fluffier than others, I can't say I've ever noticed much difference in potency, but can be more of a pain to trim.

Mattbho

plants look 100% healthy so don't mess with them now. btw, a lot of bulking up happens in the last couple weeks.
20201006_220348.jpg
Geeze guys im so glad u checked out his plants but there is an extreme powdery mildew situation about to explode into epic powdery mildew coverage

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but anything short of you getting in that garden fixing environment annd manually cut out 99% of the mildew while inspecting every bud site mythodically will end in failure.

Let some more expirenc3d folk chime in but you have some major work ahead. Dont let anyone say u can just wash it off . Once in the crystals its there for good

Mattbho

What ever you decide DO NOT crank dehumidifier. Moist air multiplies spores dry air germinates them .
It probably showed up because of the lack of air flow . This problem has to be caught before this stage if you are to have any hope at a decent harvests.

Sorry again. I personally would chop and scrub room burn sulphur like a mad man in gets the fans and places you will miss . neem oil soaks next few runs of plants .

Some would ditch everything and start fresh . Many ways to skin a cat. Early harvest not worth much but bubble hash . Again if left be I cant see much wont be covered by mildew in 2 weeks time

Yes thanks - i took these pics before i foliared. I sprayed with baking soda and an organic fungicide that seemed to keep at bay most of the PM. Would you still suggest a sulfur burn or anything else?

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Day Humidity 60% and night 65% is too high and close to being dangerous in my book, but your plants look very good. I give you 2 thumbs up!

What do you suggest? - VPD chart says I should be in those areas? I never knew when to stop following the VPD charts- week 5? Week 6? According to VPD chart at 82 degrees I should be closer to 70-75!!!!

Mr. J

Everything Mattbho said is correct. You have more serious things to worry about than fluffy buds. BTW, the answer to your original question is no, you can't magically make fluffy buds dense. That comes down mostly to genetics.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
What do you suggest? - VPD chart says I should be in those areas? I never knew when to stop following the VPD charts- week 5? Week 6? According to VPD chart at 82 degrees I should be closer to 70-75!!!!
Not according to my chart? You may not be able to control your environment growing outdoors (read not in a greenhouse) but indoors, YOU are mother nature :tiphat:

picture.php

SuperBadGrower

VPD charts don't care about your environment. I'd never follow those charts if PM thrives locally.

Mattbho

big swings in temperature/humidity is one of the main triggers of PM spore germination

Ive personally experienced this . Saw pm in the grow space removed every speck i could see going over each and every plant. Plugged in dehumidifier that was on the small side so i set it to 35% next few days mildew was on almost every cultivar.

Op your title should read PM crop please help me limp to finish .

I would really like an entire picture the ground, pot , plant and lights circulation fans ect . In the original post you've tried to omit the fact that these plants are not healthy . There is many great minds here that could help taking a picture of the healthiest top of 1 plant will not help them.

Whats veg like? were clones bought or propagated in house any pest ?

Your best bet is to copy a checklist from https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

And try and answer as many questions as possible . Many different minds on here and im positive if you take the time someone can help you get this garden back on track

Mattbho

Some are silly but it really paints a better picture than top half of 1 plant

ARE YOU USING?

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?
What STRAIN are you growing?
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)
What is the age of your plants?
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before?
How Tall are the plants?
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using? (SOG,*SCROG*etc)
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)
What brand Nutrient's are you using?
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding?
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?
What is the*pH*of the "RUN-OFF"?
How often are you testing*pH/ppm/EC/TDS?
What method of*pH*test was administered? Using Strips?*pH*pen?
How often are you watering?
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?
What size bulb are you using?
How old is your bulbs?
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen)
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen)
Are you using water from a water softener?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?
Are plant's infected with pest's?

HYDROPONICS/Aero Ponics/Coco/Soiless/

How long has this problem been going on?
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents)
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...)
What STRAIN are you growing?
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?)
What is the age of your plants?
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..)
How tall are the plants?
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using?
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.)
What is the Water temperature?
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy?
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless)
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding? (If using soiless)
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless)
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using
What is the*pH*of the "Tank"?
How often are you testing your*pH/PPM/EC/TDS?
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment?
When was your last watering?
What is your water temps?
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients?
What size bulb are you using?
How old is the bulbs you are using?
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)?
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?
Are you using water from a water softener?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?
Are plant's infected with pest's

Mattbho

Yes thanks - i took these pics before i foliared. I sprayed with baking soda and an organic fungicide that seemed to keep at bay most of the PM. Would you still suggest a sulfur burn or anything else?

Ive not personally used sulphur past week 2 ive read people use up until week 6 with no noticeable taste . I dont believe them just stating what ive read in my pursuit of mildew free gardening

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
The plant produces trichome heads in Dryer environments to protect itself from Sunburn. I like running flowers in the 40s % humidity for the heaviest resin production . Another problem with high humidity is the stomata close on the plant due to high humidity. Calcium can't be transported to the leaves when the stomata are closed and the plant tissue cells are weakened and have weak defences. Perfect environment for PM!

Latest posts

Latest posts