What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Wide Mouth Lids are the new Toilet Paper!

Peacefrog

Veteran
For about the last month or so the canning shelves have been pretty bare in my grocery stores. Some jars with lids are available but the replacement rims and lids can't be found. Another consequence of that pesky virus. People are learning to be more self sufficient and growing their own food and weed and there's a run on canning supplies. Damn those preppers! Don't they know we have weed to cure?!?

This could be a bit of an inconvenience for those that have harvests coming up. Be warned. Get your lids if you can or figure something else out.

hayday

Veteran
It my be completely seasonal but I cant get foil duct tape anywhere near me. I have been looking since early April.
I believe the time has come to realize,we might not have all the cool shit we used to take for granted...

troutman

Seed Whore
They sell all plastic lids made of 1 piece for mason jars and they are cool. Google them. No more rusty lids. :tiphat:

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
It my be completely seasonal but I cant get foil duct tape anywhere near me. I have been looking since early April.
I believe the time has come to realize,we might not have all the cool shit we used to take for granted...
I hear ya good buddy. Many places only have the "mylar" type. The foil type is rarer than hens teeth.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wait, you use canning lids? That's ghetto as fuck.

What? Like canning jar lids..... Like ball jar/mason jars.....the ones everyone uses to store weed.....since forever. The opposite of ghetto. Did you think he meant the lid of like....a spaghetti o’s can?