What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High temperature problems

mimistow

Hello guys. I live in the southern europe and the temps are really getting high these days.Im growing some autos and some photoperiodics(week 3.5) in a 1x1x2m grow tent and by now i can leave the tent's zip door half open and get away with temps that fluctuate between 27-29.5C. But in the near future that the weather will get even hotter i going to have some problems, so what do you recommend? I can use a stronger exhaust fan but the problem is i cant send the hot air outside cause tent is in a concrete room where its not logic to make a hole in the concrete wall or drill the iron shutter.Is it possible to build a diy ac cooler with ice or something :p? or should i buy a portble air conditioner(that it's really costy and consumes a lot of electric energy where here in europe aint cheap)?Lastly leaving the tent door open will be a problem when plants get into flowering and the smells go crazy

mimistow

what kind of light ?

400 watt heater in an enclosed space = sauna.
400 real wattage leds .Just think that the room when lights are off is around 24-25 when lights are off so when they light up and the time passes gradually the whole room gets hotter and hotter so the tent reaches about 28-29C.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
400w of LEDs is about the same heat as 400w of HID.

The only real solutions are to exchange the hot air with cooler air, or to cool down the existing air. Axial fans and ducting are the most commonly used tools for exchanging air. Air-conditioners/Mini-splits/Etc are used for cooling down existing air.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Air con and a good exhaust ,,yes it’s not cheap running a moby air con unit but an absolute
necessity for an indoor grow in England now that we have scorching summers,,,,
Water chillers are crap,,we bought one for our bedroom and unless you have kilos of ice then it’s a non starter,,,,,we use our chiller as a normal fan now as even with ice it only chills for a very short period only,,,,,s2

brickweeder

some strains can handle heat very well. I grew a panama and yunnan in dead summer, lights on temps were 32C to 36C, with occasional spikes to 40C during heat waves. It was hot but they handled it well. The yunnan had praying leaves during 40C.

However, in the future, will be running lights on at night and lights off during the day.

If you can remote locate your LED drivers, that may help.

St. Phatty

400 real wattage leds .Just think that the room when lights are off is around 24-25 when lights are off so when they light up and the time passes gradually the whole room gets hotter and hotter so the tent reaches about 28-29C.

if you're in Europe then your power is 220 ?

is that an LED rating or are you actually drawing 2 amps ? (x 220 = 440 watts).

no choice but to crank up the airflow.

if the ventilation system sounds like a jet engine, that does work against stealth.

Latest posts

Latest posts