What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hush's new hidey hole — I'm growing for one, now!

G

Sorry to hear of your germing woes man. Why don't you grab a bottle of colloidal silver and make a grip of beans from your Chem og, just snip a branch and reverse it. I bet there's plenty of magic within those genes.
Oh and olden Tiger oh yasss:blowbubbles:

Last edited:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Why don't you grab a bottle of colloidal silver and make a grip of beans from your Chem og, just snip a branch and reverse it. I bet there's plenty of magic within those genes.
Oh and olden Tiger oh yasss:blowbubbles:

Mostly because I'm just lazy. :biggrin:

But no, seriously, one day I'll make fems finally, because that's just what I would prefer to grow primarily in my current setup. But from time to time I'll be using one of the tents at a time for breeding purposes. I'm in the middle of a few long term projects. I also recently found some mystery seeds in my collection that I produced at one time that I never labeled, so I have no clue what I crossed with what in those. I grew out a small tester batch one time hoping to identify what they are, but I kept recognizing characteristics of too many varieties that I've crossed so I still don't know what they are.

But yeah, Golden Tiger! If I get a male or two, and I expect I will, I'll let it drop pollen. Then I'll have even MORE projects! I can't wait! They just popped their tails out, so I planted them tonight. I'm running the flood table on 24/7 right now to keep everything moist. Soon as they pop up through the perlite/vermiculite, I'll start posting photos.

For now, here's an update on the 2x2:

AlRUAaH.jpg

It's about time to defoliate and flip. Things are getting exciting!

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
The GTs are just now starting to pop up above the "soil line." I moved little pieces of vermiculite out of the way and saw that all 4 seeds have popped and are sprouting. So that's good. Since they aren't feminized, I'm going to have to remove the males when they show. But I do plan on putting them somewhere where they can drop pollen. I want to do some more pollen chucking this year.

Also, big news, I just placed an order with Ace for their new, limited edition offering "Honduras Breeze." I was checking out Ace's website yesterday and when I read the description for that variety it connected with me like a spiritual epiphany. I just knew that I had to grow that one next, and I wasted no time placing the order. Here's the description from their page:

HONDURAS BREEZE FEMINIZED

RESISTANT CENTRAL AMERICAN SATIVA HYBRID WITH EXCELLENT STRUCTURE, HIGH YIELDS, AND CLEAN, FRIENDLY AND POSITIVE EFFECTS

Honduras Breeze is a direct hybrid of our best pure Honduras sativa mother (purple high yielding Colombian phenotype), which stands out for its quality and quantity of cannabinoids and terpenes, and for its clean, refreshing and euphoric psychoactivity, crossed with a highly selected purple Nepal Jam parental (F6 generation), very fast flowering, with excellent terpene and resin production and a very pleasant effect.

Honduras Breeze grows with the strong structure and vigour of a Central American sativa, producing a large main cola and very sturdy and productive secondary branches. A refined sativa hybrid where the personality and qualities of Central American tropical sativas are at the forefront, with the Nepal Jam contributing its much more manageable structure, more refined terpenes in greater quantity, its kind and warm psychoactivity, and also shortening the flowering time in a remarkable and consistent way.

Flowering generously thanks to its true hybrid vigour, Honduras Breeze can really bloom explosively when large outdoor plants are grown in warm conditions. Its flowers have that unmistakable character of tropical Central American sativa, beautiful buds with excellent flower/leaf ratio, covered by silvery resin emitting the sweet, juicy and organic terpenes of the Nepalese. The flowers are large and dense, but spongy enough to avoid bud-rot. The effect is like a refreshing and positive breeze, rejuvenating the body and mind.

An excellent choice for outdoor cultivation for its remarkable versatility and resistance against a wide range of pests and adverse conditions, such as excessive heat, drought, cold, rain and botrytis.

Although Honduras Breeze is a polyhybrid, phenotypically it works as a fairly consistent F1, with the vast majority of plants being uniform to each other and belonging to the main pheno described above. Despite being a cross between purple parents, Honduras Breeze scarcely shows any colour in indoor or outdoor grows with stable, warm conditions, although in cold temperatures (where flowers mature with peaks of 10ºC or less) the plants acquire beautifully pronounced purple and reddish pigmentation on their leaves and flowers.

Another breeding success in the hybridisation field that we are developing recently between Nepal Jam and new, extremely rare and prime quality tropical sativa parental plants.

A feminized limited edition, available while stock lasts.

Tipo F1 HYBRID
Format Feminized
Sativa / Indica ratio 85 % sativa / 15 % indica
THC 13-17 %
CBD 0.25 %
CBG 0.20 %
Flowering indoors 11 weeks
Flowering outdoors Mid November
Yield High
Resistance against spider mites Average-High
Resistance against powder mildew High
Resistance against botrytis Very high
Resistance against white fly High
Resistance against cold High
Resistance against heat High
Latitude 0º-43º
Genetics First generation pure Honduras (purple high yielding Colombian phenotype) x Purple Nepal Jam (F6).
Structure Strong structure and vigour of Central American sativa, producing a large main cola and sturdy, highly productive side branches. Thanks to the Nepal Jam the size is moderate, both in internodal distance and stretch at the onset of flowering.
Bouquet Complex and delicious terpenes. Light, sweet spring meadow aromas of flowers, lemon, cream and incense with a subtle chocolate hash background. Creamy and refreshing flavours. Initially sweet with a flowery incense perfume and lemon with acidic red wine notes giving way to a long lasting rich and smooth chocolate hash taste.
High High quality sativa effect that's pleasant, warm and cerebral, slightly intoxicating/disorientating at moments. Euphoric, active but not hyperactive, mild excitement but not racy. Clear perception and sharpening of the senses, later calmer, more thoughtful and introspective but no mental or physical tiredness. As suitable for enjoying activities in the great outdoors and social occasions as it is for reading or thinking calmly alone.
Terpene profile It has not yet been analyzed.
Growing Tips Indoors, strong light intensity is recommended and to keep under control its stretching at the beginning of flowering. A sativa hybrid that’s very well suited to both SOG and SCROG culture.

Outdoors it can be grown up to latitude 43º, both in hot climates and in climates where the flowering takes place with rain and low temperatures. Excellent resistance against inclement weather and against pests and fungi.

We recommend moderate levels of nutrients for the whole cycle, although well-developed and medium-large specimens accept higher levels of PK very well in full bloom.

Tell me that doesn't sound awesome! Seriously though, I don't know exactly what in particular is causing me to have such an emotional reaction to seeing this listing, but I just knew that I *must* grow it.

:biggrin:

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Update on the 2x2... I just defoliated for probably the last time. Flowering will begin immediately after the recovery.

AWEzo4t.jpg

6opXoMU.jpg

G

Say he's lazy then grows GT for stash, hush you're an animal:biggrin:
I've never been brave enough to flood drain in coco

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Haha. Well, how else do you think I combat my laziness? With equatorial sativas, of course! :biggrin:

I hear you about the coco. In fact, I only first began doing it about a year ago. I was hesitant. But I can tell you that it works just fine. But I would only do it with clean, granulated coco that's already been charged. Not the expanding kind in other words. Also, you have to use fabric pots, obviously, unless you want to gunk up the pump. But to be honest, I was only using it because I had an unopened bag of it in my storage tub. It's not my preferred medium for ebb and flow. The Golden Tigers, in fact, are growing in 50/50 perlite/vermiculite.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Very interesting. Thanks, Evergreen. :good:

After reading through their website though, I think I'll continue ordering my seeds from Spain. Twenty dollars for shipping?! Damn! It's cheaper going across the Atlantic Ocean! Also, I can use credit cards at the banks I order from. I'm guessing that eventually we'll work out the laws here to make it more cost effective to source seeds domestically, but for my purposes we're not there yet.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Alright, quick update... The plant doesn't seem to have been phased by the defoliation. She continues to grow. So I did some more tucking, and thought I should take photos, because I know some of you reading this have an aversion to defoliating. Maybe this might help you realize it's beneficial stress. After a brief recovery, or none at all in this case, they just bulk up and keep getting bigger.

Here's how it looks today, a little over 24 hours since the last update from yesterday:

8QOJ51j.jpg

EzIhUhy.jpg

Also, here's a shot from the level of the canopy:

dFV92W8.jpg

This is the most important moment of any SCROG, is right before the flip and the first few weeks of flowering. This is when you have to start maintaining the level of the canopy and keep things as flat as possible. You want to tinker with it every few hours, if you can. But I try for at least twice a day.

I'll probably flip tomorrow or Friday at this rate.

starke

This is the most important moment of any SCROG, is right before the flip and the first few weeks of flowering. This is when you have to start maintaining the level of the canopy and keep things as flat as possible. You want to tinker with it every few hours, if you can. But I try for at least twice a day.

That point is exactly what I am trying to get a handle on. Yours looks amazing so far.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Sorry for the delay in posting new pics, guys. I had my daughter at my place all last week. Today I'm definitely getting in there and taking care of shit, though. I have been watching a Nitrogen deficiency get worse over the past few days. I'm not sure if the problem is due to not using enough nutrient (because I still haven't replaced my TDS meter!) or if something about my water supply was off, but tonight I'm going to do a res change. I've been using 2 teaspoons per gallon of the Foliage Pro, so I think I'm going to try 3 tsp per. I don't know. I'll figure it out. I'm definitely going to order another TDS meter this week though!