What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's in your crosshairs for 2016?

SourDank

Veteran
I know I see something like this every year, and I hadn't seen one yet so I thought I'd do the honors. I always like to see what others are hunting down and is peaking their interest in the new year, whether it be clones of seeds. I'll start :dance013:

Clone wise I'd like to locate before 2017:
1. Cherry Cookie #12
2. Lazy Lightning
3. Nevilles Haze
4. Super Silver Haze - cup winning cut
5. Sour Apple
6. The One - Afghani x Thai
7. Sour Dubble - sour candy?!?! Of course I wanna try lol
8. DreamGurl- if G ever lets her out far and wide ;) (a guy can dream right?)

Seeds:
1. A5 Haze BX - KarmaG, if I have my way I'll be able to get 4-5 packs of these :)
2. Cherry Cookie F2 - Relentless
3. Dread Bread - Bodhi, I think they're may be gold in here. Columbian x Afghani
4. Reckless Rainbow S1 and crosses - LumpStatus said he is testing some offspring of this girl, and if all goes well they'll be released. If so, I'd love to snag a couple packs to give them a shot.

Now if somehow God decided I was worthy and all these pieces fell into my lap, I'd be one happy guy hitting 2017

St. Phatty

Cheese x { Blue Widow x <Silver Kush x Apollo> }

attachment.php

The son of Blue Widow ( and Silver Kush x Apollo) is on the left, a real stubby/ short Indica male with big beautiful leaves.

Dinafem Cheese, this one is leggy and stretchy.

Seem like a natural couple.

Hoping the Blue Widow will shorten the Cheese a little bit.

This is my second Dinafem Cheese, this one is a lot more stretchy than the first one.

Attachments

• IMG_6023-blue-widow.jpg
    IMG_6023-blue-widow.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 10
I really want to run CannaVenture's Flaming Cookies and Pure Animal this year as well as a new fruity indica but this years main focus will be on breeding projects and getting my first testers out before winter

SourDank

Veteran
Nothing yet I just plan on growing some more of the stuff I bought in 2014 and 15.

What I look for seed wise every year gets shorter and shorter, I already have enough Chem, OG, Cookie, Diesel to where me buying more would just get redundant. Those Cherry Cookies are in there because I want to find a true cherry tasting girl and it seems like Relentless hit the nail on the head with those. But there are always a few new lines that really catch my eye, and to be honest, I need a few lines that go a different direction than what every breeder is doin these days. I like that Bodhi is doing some landrace crosses as of late, and when Karma drops that A5 BX it's gonna be epic. I need some really good haze/Sativa back in my life. I'm hoping those two lines especially will get me what I'm looking for.

Doc D

More crosses that include that landrace spirit...

TK x Durban - Bodhi
Bandaide haze x Durban - Bodhi
Ethiopian 75 banana x UNK - mystery seeds found in flowers from B
Laos x UNK - mystery seeds found in flowers from B
Viet black x a5/Thai - e.t
Viet black x headbanger - doc d
Filipino- gerber

I'll also be working on the bandaide haze (CBH x a5/Thai) line work...

Big blessings for everyone's garden.

Clones: I wish I could find some verified legit clones in my Prohibitionist state...

Seeds: more Bagseed saved years ago from midgrade,
GG4 crosses (already have C99, STS, and TWOG cross seeds)
perhaps make a seed purchase this year? Idk

B

BAKED_BEANZ

i,m going for some topdawg gear for outdoors . something going to grow huge ? anyone up to speed on a good strain that fits the bill ? he's just released a heap .

short list

Jamaican highlander x african haze
chem d x original haze
nigerian silk x african haze
african cough x african haze
sour d x african haze
mango nigerian x butter skunk

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pittymick - you need to get that Philly Skunk.

Not sure where they are available though - seems TDT is down...or rather, under construction for DAYS now.

dank.Frank

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
What I look for seed wise every year gets shorter and shorter, I already have enough Chem, OG, Cookie, Diesel to where me buying more would just get redundant.

I agree, once you have a few good chem, sour, og and cookie strains in the stable who needs more. In my experience the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with any one of those strains, they all pretty much pass on the same traits in every cross.

As a smoker I personally like to grow strains that are wildly different from one another and can give my new dynamic highs.

T

thesloppy

I have some of Catnip seeds' NYGHaze X Agent Orange on the way that I'm excited about. My only real want for 2016 that I don't have either on hand or on order is Ace's Malawi.

Have several seeds/seedlings/clones that I haven't grown out yet, as my eyes are already kind of bigger than my stomach, in regards to seeds. I pared down my garden to 4 plants to comply with the new legality, and I always want at least half of those plants to be something proven, and as a result it's hard to pheno hunt through a pack of seeds with any kind of speed. On deck for 2016:

Orange Cookies - from a local clone factory. I dunno if it's from Relentless or Franchise.
Tangie - from the same source as above....this lady's in sad shape at the moment, here's hoping she makes it.
Shackzilla - from S@nnies. Have a couple of these that need to be grown out.
Cheeseberry Haze - from Eskob@r. Have 3 of these on deck and 5 seeds in the freezer.
Blue Hammer X Silver Haze - freebies from the S@nnie's order. Who the hell knows what these are, but I've got three of them growing that look pretty vigorous.
Lemon Sour Diesel - local clone used in some Archive and Bodhi crosses. Have one of these 4 weeks into flower that is looking loverly.
Dogwalker OG Bagseed - Got 10 seeds out of a bag of heavily hyped local 30%+ THC fave Dogwalker, and have a couple growing on deck.
Party Bagseed - Got a mixed oz of GG#4, Green Crack, Skywalker OG, and Purple Kush that I pulled 50 seeds out of. Plenty of potential for fun there.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

pittymick - you need to get that Philly Skunk.

Not sure where they are available though - seems TDT is down...or rather, under construction for DAYS now.

dank.Frank

thanks mate , done . i was tossing them up . i was on the fence cause i had seen a post earlier from you somewhere in regards to them.

good thread sourdank , thanks man , i was only just telling you other week i,m all set for beans ,lol

Last edited:

WelderDan

Veteran
My ongoing Cherry Bomb project. Both preserving the genetics and doing a little side project of giving it some extra kick while retaining that taste.

As far as acquisitions, I'm looking to score some Deep Chunk, Northern lights, Haze, Malawi, OG and Diesel/Sour/Chem crosses, Panama Red, Mangobiche or similar South American sats. Some Hashplant, maybe some Lebanese. Hell, EVERYTHING really!

2000pm

Pretty much just the Bro Grimm release, original Cindy. Otherwise I got too much on the plate to work with unless a great orange-smelling/tasting cultivar drops on my lap.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sandstorm and maybe Nepalese Highland. I ran the NH and only 1 plant made it, a male. Mangobiche looks interesting too.

macamus33

Looking to aquire a number of different "Madd Farmer Genetics" crosses in seeds. Already have his SCDC x Tripoli Wicked seeds. Hope to get 2 or 3 more strains to play with in my tents.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Pretty well set for now. Main thing right now is trying autoflower seeds for the great outdoors this season. Totally new for me, but promising considering the climate and the pigs.

I have never grown Bodhi seeds and I think I need to get on that asap.

Great lists everyone! Hope you all source your genes!

Latest posts

Latest posts