What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I've decided on Lemon Skunk as my next strain from seed...but DNA or GHS?

Aksala

Did some digging around trying to find a good lemon strain and Lemon Skunk sounds like the way to go but does anyone have experience with either the DNA or GHS version? Are they the same/different etc?

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
According to most people, they are identical and almost certainly made by the same people, probably GHS associates at the club.

X

Xray Kimono

Did some digging around trying to find a good lemon strain and Lemon Skunk sounds like the way to go but does anyone have experience with either the DNA or GHS version? Are they the same/different etc?

I have run both and DNA was a dream to run and tastes like lemon cream and blasts 25-30%bho by weight after purge, GHS had bad germ rate, and crappy phenos.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Yeah probably the seeds are produced bulk by the same growers indeed and from the same cuts... if you guys think they are coming from huge selections and bred carefully, you are definitely wrong.

Both of them used to be produced at northern Spain by the same group of growers (Dinafem associates). Of course batches vary, depending on which certain grower and how careful he is. Some of them are more professional and skilled, others simply want to finish the job and get the money, seeds aren't for them after all! I guess that's the main difference between big commercial seedbanks and underground small breeders.

Peace.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Yep, was going to say - same meat , different gravy.
They all work together, these companies... Usually in Spain these days if I'm not mistaken. I would say go for gh as they have a faster turnaround and sell shed loads of seeds.
I have noticed, on a side note that a lot of these companies now , gh included, won't send seeds to the Netherlands- how weird is that??

Whatever one you decide, good luck

ECtraveler

Veteran
Yep, was going to say - same meat , different gravy.
They all work together, these companies... Usually in Spain these days if I'm not mistaken. I would say go for gh as they have a faster turnaround and sell shed loads of seeds.
I have noticed, on a side note that a lot of these companies now , gh included, won't send seeds to the Netherlands- how weird is that??

Whatever one you decide, good luck

I talked to a distributer this past weekend at HTCC that said a lot of Spain's stock is produced in Brazil and he had pretty convincing proof but yeah same deal. One commercial breeder, multiple outlets.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Go with Jordan of the isles just to be different!

Or do a side by side like mjpassion suggested, that would be cool to see.

Good luck either way!

Super lemon haze may be one to look into as well if you want lemon.

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
wow- i figured for a lot of ghs haters. i'm sitting here high as shit on a joint of slh that i grew last year. every time i grow slh, most phenos have a super strong lemon smell, so if you like lemon i'd go with greenhouse. grew dna/rp's og18, skywalker kush and kosher tangie and they were all great plants too. so it sounds like ya cant go wrong

I haven't had a bad experience with gh yet. I've ran their ssh, white widow, gws and white rhino with favorable results. Had really special keepers with white rhino and ssh. I would go with the Super Lemon Haze based on its rep. I haven't heard much about their lemon skunk

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Super Lemon haze pheno I had was straight up lemon and like a gas smell from the SSH. Grew a Lemon Skunk from GHS outdoors. Got a super sativa pheno. 10' plant in a 5 gal. grow bag. Stem, leaves, and buds reeked of lemon.

If I would have got to harvest it, it prolly would have taken until November to finish. Sadly thieves got it. I'm sure there's some faster finishing pheno's to be found, if you were to search a pack or two. If it was me I would go with Greenhouse, simply because of the lower price of the seeds.

CoCoSativas

Greenhouse makes loads of the dutch seeds...

Not many complaints about greenhouse grom me but i havent had much luck with dna plants.

My super lemon haze is very nice as is the ghs lemon skunk i grew a few years ago.

Ill bet dna has the same lemon skunk. Its a old Amsterdam clone so if they dont get their seeds from greenhouse they have likely tue same clone

CoCoSativas

Super Lemon haze pheno I had was straight up lemon and like a gas smell from the SSH. Grew a Lemon Skunk from GHS outdoors. Got a super sativa pheno. 10' plant in a 5 gal. grow bag. Stem, leaves, and buds reeked of lemon.

If I would have got to harvest it, it prolly would have taken until November to finish. Sadly thieves got it. I'm sure there's some faster finishing pheno's to be found, if you were to search a pack or two. If it was me I would go with Greenhouse, simply because of the lower price of the seeds.

Yeah the lower price is a great point for whats likely the same stuff