What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Taste of Africa from Malawi

Biosynthesis

Veteran
M10- ten weeks, awesome man! Always nice to have an early finishing pheno to occupy your noodle while the other comes in. Like the sound of the heavier stone of M13, does it scramble your brain or is there focus and clarity on the 13? Since most of us smokers have high tolerances its nice to hear that it has some hammer even in seasoned tokers! Thanks for sharing all the great info. By far the most informative no bullshit thread I have read on the malawi strain. You started this thread over a year ago! great dedication and patience. As the saying goes- "there will be no kind before its time".

maxibiogreen

Veteran

That M13 looks to be a really intereting sativa plant to work with. her flowers are really beautiful. You're up for a treat Z.
I was wondering How long do you usually veg these girls for, caus they do not seem sativa huge on the pics. I assume it can be kept on manageable size when done indoors.

Great work, beautiful plants.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That M13 looks to be a really intereting sativa plant to work with. her flowers are really beautiful. You're up for a treat Z.
I was wondering How long do you usually veg these girls for, caus they do not seem sativa huge on the pics. I assume it can be kept on manageable size when done indoors.

Great work, beautiful plants.

Thx maxibiogreen

The Malawi I just finished were vegged for 2 months.I like to veg my plants until they reach nearly 3 ft.
I just bend and manipulate them using only stakes.My stakes are 5 ft and 1 ft goes into the pot.So there is over 4 ft of plant above soil.
I like to go with larger and fewer plants.Everyone has their own way of growing.I try to grow larger bud,rather than lots of small stuff.

I found some extreme sativa plants.The ones that like to takeover the room and grow along the ceiling too.
This type of plant has fewer,but longer branches in veg.The thinner taller looking sativa will grow like this.The one I had produced lighter airy bud.
Not my kind of plant,but the bud is still potent.If you have something like this,it would be best to veg for 1 month or less.
I found this Malawi strain very vigorous and grows into huge potent plants.

M13 is a real treat.You got that right.She produces nice dense bud and great resin.
M13 was a shorter and more bushy sativa to work with.Very well suited for indoor.She was the first to show hairs in veg.
I always try to pick the best plants from seed in the seedling stage.Just something I always liked to do since I was a kid.
I did pick M8 and M10 as winners though.M13 was a very nice surprise to find.
Live,learn and grow.

Good Day

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
All the remaining Malawi from seed are in flower.They are near 3 weeks now.

First pic is M3.It is the first to start flowering from this last seed.

Some pics of the first clone of M10 in flower.
M10 is near 4 weeks and looking great.She is already smelling fruity.

Some pics of M8,M10 and M13 seeded.I pollinated the plants early to allow the seeds lots of time to develop.
I love making seed from my special plants and special seed it will be.

Attachments

• Malawi-3-003.jpg
    Malawi-3-003.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Malawi-10-048.jpg
    Malawi-10-048.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Malawi-10-049.jpg
    Malawi-10-049.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 27
  • Malawi-10-050.jpg
    Malawi-10-050.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Malawi-8-041.jpg
    Malawi-8-041.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Malawi-8-040.jpg
    Malawi-8-040.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Malawi-10-052.jpg
    Malawi-10-052.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Malawi-10-051.jpg
    Malawi-10-051.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Malawi-13-031.jpg
    Malawi-13-031.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 34

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Power of the Malawi

Power of the Malawi

Tested M13 first thing this morning to give you a better idea of her effects.Great day starter and motivational weed.
The intensity of the high comes up fast and hard.Can be scary at first,like at the top of a rollercoaster going over the edge.
Then settles into a super stoned feeling and lasts for hrs.
I have been stoned all day on this plant.It has been over 5 hrs since I smoked last and I still feel it in the head.Just wicked smoke.
Great energy and good for exercise.Also great for appetite.
The mouth has a dry woody aftertaste and the smoke is smooth.Food and water goes well with Malawi.
Hard to finish a full joint.A few puffs and set sail.

M13 gives the,I'm so stoned feeling and don't want anymore.
I like to have a bit more at this point and go over the edge.
Always testing the boundaries of space,time and the mind.

Super sensitivity and heightened awareness.The sensitivty of the body is that of an antenna.
You can feel and sense everything,even air pressure against your body,not just wind.
Can feel the body vibrate and tingle,mostly in the head and eye area.
Eyes open or closed the mind is soaring and M13 provides clear vision.
You can see experiences in front of you,but in another time or place and out of reach.
Makes you realize what you think is projected outwards.Thought becomes reality and reality is a reflection of thought.
Provides great insight to many things.

I was so stoned,I reached over to grab my toast and take a bite,but realized I grabbed my mouse instead.
Your mind is so occupied with deep thought,the body sometimes operates on it's own.
Do not operate heavy equipment under the influence of Malawi.

Some pics of M13 in a baggie I am working on.Can't wait to get to the bottom.
Puts me in my place and wanting more.Does that look potent or am I bsing you?

Last pic is the first M13 clone near 3 weeks flower.

I grew something called Malawi Gold over 20 years ago.I got the seeds directly from a person in Africa.
I ended up with 10 ft leafy plants without resin.I only have an 8 ft ceiling.It was a jungle in there.
People who have never experienced good African weed can do so now.The high is worth it.
Things sure have improved since then.Thx dubi and all involved.

Sticky Buds Stay Tuned

Attachments

• Malawi-13-036.jpg
    Malawi-13-036.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Malawi-13-035.jpg
    Malawi-13-035.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Malawi-13-034.jpg
    Malawi-13-034.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Malawi-13-033.jpg
    Malawi-13-033.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 95
  • Malawi-13-032.jpg
    Malawi-13-032.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That is just one corner.I should have shook it all to the same corner and took a pic.
Only had about 1/2 oz of small bud in the baggie to do this.
Super crystally bud with nice density and great high.Will be keeping this beauty.

wingdings

Veteran
Oh yea! Getting in touch with universal consciousness and the cosmic power of thought! That's the experience I look for. Gotta love Malawi!

Madjag

Veteran
Test Pilot Leaves the Atmosphere

Test Pilot Leaves the Atmosphere

Super sensitivity and heightened awareness.The sensitivty of the body is that of an antenna.
You can feel and sense everything,even air pressure against your body,not just wind.
Can feel the body vibrate and tingle,mostly in the head and eye area.
Eyes open or closed the mind is soaring and M13 provides clear vision.
You can see experiences in front of you, but in another time or place and out of reach.
Makes you realize what you think is projected outwards.Thought becomes reality and reality is a reflection of thought.
Provides great insight to many things.

Your mind is so occupied with deep thought,the body sometimes operates on it's own.
Do not operate heavy equipment under the influence of Malawi.

Thx dubi and all involved.

Z,

You've captured the essence so well that I wouldn't think of adding any comments of my own.. Thank you for being our test pilot.

Last edited:

maxibiogreen

Veteran
Thx maxibiogreen

The Malawi I just finished were vegged for 2 months.I like to veg my plants until they reach nearly 3 ft.
I just bend and manipulate them using only stakes.My stakes are 5 ft and 1 ft goes into the pot.So there is over 4 ft of plant above soil.
I like to go with larger and fewer plants.Everyone has their own way of growing.I try to grow larger bud,rather than lots of small stuff.

I found some extreme sativa plants.The ones that like to takeover the room and grow along the ceiling too.
This type of plant has fewer,but longer branches in veg.The thinner taller looking sativa will grow like this.The one I had produced lighter airy bud.
Not my kind of plant,but the bud is still potent.If you have something like this,it would be best to veg for 1 month or less.
I found this Malawi strain very vigorous and grows into huge potent plants.

M13 is a real treat.You got that right.She produces nice dense bud and great resin.
M13 was a shorter and more bushy sativa to work with.Very well suited for indoor.She was the first to show hairs in veg.
I always try to pick the best plants from seed in the seedling stage.Just something I always liked to do since I was a kid.
I did pick M8 and M10 as winners though.M13 was a very nice surprise to find.
Live,learn and grow.

Good Day

Manageable I see but with some work behind. Thx for your answer Z.

It also seems you had a wonderful smoking experience.....

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone.

Show you clones of M10 and M13.Beautiful leaves on these Malawi.
I am keeping these 2 based on potency and finished product.
M13 grows into a very nice thick bush.Great for indoors.
M10 is more of the taller sativa.

You will find both shorter bushy plants and the taller sativa in this strain.
I can't say enough good things about this strain and the potency.

M8 was the best yielder with good potency.She is a very vigorous monster sativa.
I liked M10 and M13 more though.

I got some M10 in flower now and the clone performs very well.
Fruity smell and resin production is very good.
Maybe get some pics later when lights on.

Good Day :)

Attachments

• Malawi-10-053.jpg
    Malawi-10-053.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Malawi-10-054.jpg
    Malawi-10-054.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 31
  • Malawi-13-037.jpg
    Malawi-13-037.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Malawi-13-038.jpg
    Malawi-13-038.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 33

Painfull

Nice pics and grows guys...I would like to grow this strain after I finish my flo grow but I am worried that it may not work with my setup. I have a small 4 pot reservoir and a 400w hps lamp. Height is no problem. Maybe if I start them after they root right to flowering. How do they handle heat and cold?

Painfull

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Beautiful diary, pics, plants and vibes around! Thanks for posting Zanddar, Im so glad your dedication towards your plants has been rewarded with new intense cannabis experiences... the good health of your plants, the extreme branching, the beautiful and resinous matured flowers .... it's a proof of your talent and love for your plants.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice pics and grows guys...I would like to grow this strain after I finish my flo grow but I am worried that it may not work with my setup. I have a small 4 pot reservoir and a 400w hps lamp. Height is no problem. Maybe if I start them after they root right to flowering. How do they handle heat and cold?

Painfull

That should work ok.From seed they should have about 4 weeks veg.This will give you a plant between 1 and 2 feet,depending on your growth rates.
Whether clone or seed,Veg them to 1 foot anyways and you should be safe.
Some can be a bit stretchy.You can tie them down or do whatever works.They respond well with their long branching.
Then there are the shorter bushy type.These put on girth rather than height.

I like to veg until they are over 2 feet.You will finish with a plant over 4 feet and good yield with a longer veg.This would be good if using a 1k watt.
Be careful at this size,they can outgrow many other strains and takeover your room.Be prepared to tie them down.

As for temperature extremes,I can tell you that they outperformed some of my other strains this past winter.It was very cold and they did surprisingly well.
The vigor of this strain is great.
High temps I have not experienced yet.Anything over 90 would not be good though.My rooms run between 80 and 90f.

Very good strain to choose,from the many other sativa out there.
Hope this helps and good luck.

Painfull

Thanks Zanddar> Again great pictures of your grow and report. And ty for the advice. This strain seems to be what I am looking for.

:tiphat:
Painfull