What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How about that silver?

St. Phatty

it was always going to happen eventually.

when it's going up $1 an ounce a day ...

wouldn't it be nice to be an insider in this industry. i.e. in the Fed/ Treasury currency management groups.

note how the percentage of increase is much greater when the price is low.

up $1 today is like up $2 when it's $40 an ounce.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I collected the first $50 face value of my silver coins when I was a paper boy in 1967...

It was easy to find silver coins then.. I would estimate that about 20% of the coins in circulation then were still the real silver coins..
So I saved them in an old cigar box and later put them in blue Crown Royal bags..

$50 face value of US silver coins contain right at 36.17 troy oz of pure silver..

That means that my first 36 oz of silver were purchased by me at the price of $1.38 per oz...

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I've been watching this for like forever...It'll go up for another 4 days to about $22.50, then it will drop like a rock to $18.80 overnight the end of next week..

Chase Morgan owns more physical silver than anyone and they make billions of $$$, a couple times a year by manipulating the market like this...

A lot of small investors lose their ass every time...

brickweeder

sure is nice when silver gets it legs...up a buck since it opened for the evening (in 15 minutes). In 2010 when it broke 18 neckline after the painful 08 capitulation, it ran to 49+ over the next 8 months. Silver just broke its 4 year neckline from the 2016 high, would be nice if it made a similar run. But if it doesn't, that's why you reload your capital by selling some trading positions on the runs. Enjoy the ride, silver bugs...you deserve it!

Last edited:

St. Phatty

I've been watching this for like forever...It'll go up for another 4 days to about $22.50, then it will drop like a rock to $18.80 overnight the end of next week..

the last 10 days of the month during options expiry period

historically that's when a lot of the waterfall price drops occur

but i don't know what the history is, e.g. first few months of 2011.

https://www.kitco.com/charts/historicalsilver.html

lots of info out there.

provident is selling Morgan silver dollars for $30 - and paying $13 for them ? talked to them on the phone today.

a week ago they were selling them for $28 and told me they would pay $20, when I called in.

so i thought today it would have gone up $2. that they would be paying $22, since it was up $2 from $28 to $30.

but when you're dealing with purchasing agents that may not understand everything, i guess you got to keep it simple.
either that or the Morgan silver dollar market has gone up side down in 7 days.

brickweeder

the last 10 days of the month during options expiry period...historically that's when a lot of the waterfall price drops occur

true, but every once in a blue moon, the standard operating procedure falls by the wayside. Earlier in june, I sold a few .15 delta calls on slv for the july expiration...worked like a charm. I then sold a few of .15 delta calls for august expiry, but they are now in the money...good thing i have longer calls to cover plus some extras for the ride. The normal pattern usually works, until it doesn't...just can't get caught naked when it doesn't.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I found a longer chart for the ratio. Trade it for gold by 50, per the post-1971 regime, which is now falling apart.

Speaking of falling apart, if the three gorges dam does, who knows what is in store.

2020-07-21_17-14-15.jpg

brickweeder

in addition to 50:1, save some silver to trade for gold in the off chance the ratio hits 40, then 30, and lower if we are lucky

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
tried buying more silver a couple months ago and found no physical available or with high premiums and limited purchase.
was into numismatics and had subscriptions to coin offerings so i was able to stack some, but got out of that when i no longer had disposable income.

got a decent source? link me up!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Buy a box of coins and they are $30 each. 100 oz bars are $2800.

That is the real price of silver, not spot.

brickweeder

Buy a box of coins and they are $30 each. 100 oz bars are $2800.

That is the real price of silver, not spot.

I'd love to see the holders of expiring long futures all stand for delivery so we can watch the paper market turn into a physical market. its about time for the dog to wag the tail...

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I'd love to see the holders of expiring long futures all stand for delivery so we can watch the paper market turn into a physical market. its about time for the dog to wag the tail...

They are! The clowns that sold options on the wuflu dip are hurting right now. But like in 2011 when they can just settle in cash, with some premium. It hit 25% so they say back in 2011. Sell/trade for gold before that.

I have some $28 10oz bars I bot on the backside of the last bubble - highest I ever paid. Been a lot of time as dead money, and the dollar now is probably 80% of what it was back in 13 or so. I haven't missed the money, so who cares?

I want to buy some 2020 chinese silver coins. Maybe gold too, but this may be the year silver shines. If that dam breaks, 2020 will be one for the history books.

brickweeder

They are! The clowns that sold options on the wuflu dip are hurting right now...

I want to buy some 2020 chinese silver coins. Maybe gold too, but this may be the year silver shines. If that dam breaks, 2020 will be one for the history books.

I just gotta thank them clowns...I bought a hand full of 2-year calls into the march wuflu dip, and those babies have been very nice to me since then. I can't believe someone would sell a 2-year call on silver at prices below its cost of production.

Have you checked out Perth's lunar series?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
That is what I am referring to. 2020 is historic.

As for retail jumping in to silver, this is promising. Phyzz is better, but there is not much out there to be had. SLV is the robinhooder's next best bet: