What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Talking about Growing, Smoking, and Collecting.

G

For the 3x3 600w hps (remote ballast) in the air cooled hood I exhaust with the AC Infinity Cloudline T6.
But in the 3x3 with the CMH I just use a 6" duct booster.
Actually I also exhaust the 4x4 tent with the 1200 real watts of led with a 8" duct booster from AC Infinity.

I really like their products so far. I'm interested in their carbon filters, but the cheap price throws me off. I've battled with the short cheap filters that only lasted 3 months, and now I'm stuck on Phat filters.
Just installed a brand new 6" x 24" phat filter this morning.
Killer set up bro. 1200w in led no wonder it's killing lol. Must be nice to grow and smoke buds grown under 3 different spectrums.
I'm the opposite looking to give the shorter carbon filters a try. PITA finding room for the big ones.
Got a pic/link of your air cooled hood?
I want to replace the 1k HPS in the tube, I'd probably get better efficiency from a 315 and run cooler!

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
It's on sale right now for $99. Anything over $100 gets free shipping. So I added a $26 6" duct booster with speed controller that I needed. Then I googled coupon code and ended up getting both and shipping for $107.09

Nice score. I have one those booster fans on the way, to hopefully provide enough exhaust airflow when the main fan isn't running. The main fan shuts down when the tent is happy (just when I need the flow).

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Killer set up bro. 1200w in led no wonder it's killing lol. Must be nice to grow and smoke buds grown under 3 different spectrums.
I'm the opposite looking to give the shorter carbon filters a try. PITA finding room for the big ones.
I want to replace the 1k HPS in the tube, I'd probably get better efficiency from a 315 and run cooler!

I'll try to take a pic of the hood tomorrow. It's nothing fancy, I've had it for about 4 or 5 years and it was used when I took it over. There's much better models out now that have a rubber seal where the glass metra the metal. It's not airtight, I seal it with tape, but it's a pain in the ass to change bulbs. Some have a hinge for changing bulb and cleaning glass.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd

I just noticed that I didn't get pic of the label, I guess it's on the backside. I'll try again tomorrow.

Ac infinity t6 is in upper right hand corner. Home made dust filter on left.
I started using clear duct a month or so ago. ALOT of light shines out the sides, I figured at least with clear duct I have higher chance if it reflecting off the tent walls onto plants.

I put a magnetic dry erase board on the side of the hood for notes. Turns out I could just use dry erase marker directly on the metal without the board. Tho I haven't updated it in a while

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I put a brand new 600w iPower hps bulb in the fixture in January.
Last week I come upstairs and it's cold. I run the hps at night to keep the room warm for the rest of the tents.
I reset the ballast and it started working again.
A few days later the same thing. I'm in the last week of flowering so I replaced it with a iPower MH. Alot of folks switch to mh at the end of flower anyways. Hope this bulb works better than the last from that company.
I really hope that it was a bulb issue rather than my 2 year old ballast failing.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
How many of you tent growers use the side doors or flaps to get to your plants? I know alot of people are putting them in a corner, and that takes away access to two sides.
My tents don't have a flap or door on the backside.
Contemplating where to put the next tent and how much space to leave for access.

Fitzera

I put a brand new 600w iPower hps bulb in the fixture in January.
Last week I come upstairs and it's cold. I run the hps at night to keep the room warm for the rest of the tents.
I reset the ballast and it started working again.
A few days later the same thing. I'm in the last week of flowering so I replaced it with a iPower MH. Alot of folks switch to mh at the end of flower anyways. Hope this bulb works better than the last from that company.
I really hope that it was a bulb issue rather than my 2 year old ballast failing.

I was having some troubles with my old ballast recently. A couple troubleshooting options: try a mh bulb in that ballast, if it fires then your ignitor needs replacing.
Check to see if your capacitor is bulging or leaking or looks deformed in any way. If so, it needs replacing.
Of course if it's a digital, those options are useless lol. That was one of the reasons I steered away from digital, I've read too many issues with them.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I was having some troubles with my old ballast recently. A couple troubleshooting options: try a mh bulb in that ballast, if it fires then your ignitor needs replacing.
Check to see if your capacitor is bulging or leaking or looks deformed in any way. If so, it needs replacing.
Of course if it's a digital, those options are useless lol. That was one of the reasons I steered away from digital, I've read too many issues with them.

Yeah I'm digital ballast. The last mag ballast I ran wasn't that long ago. I was using a 250hps sealed hood in the Kratom closet. I plugged it into a watt meter and it was only pulling 125w. I put it in the shed along with the 250mh and the 400hps.

Any money or time that I would put into ordering parts and taking it apart, fixing it, should really be put into getting another 315cmh in my opinion.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
I'm going to take some pics tomorrow with lights out. The buds in the LEDs 4x4 are dripping resin.
The plants in the cmh 315 are starting to stack nicely. One of the MalPans is dense and the other seems to have alot of internodal space in the buds.
I chopped one of the East Coast Big Bud #2s. A few more days for the other three.

I'll post up pics when Icmag comes back after the upgrade.

Talk to you guys on March 4th. Hopefully! Cant wait to see what the upgrade brings!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Well guys it looks like it's got to take alot of getting used to. I can't tell how to navigate the new site.
I can't upload pic, but I see others are posting they can't upload either.
I'm sure it's gonna take a few days to get all the kinks ironed out.

I hope to post up my pics soon!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Still can't upload pics. Out of space message.

I set up the new AC Infinity 3x3 tent. Put a led in there temporarily until I get another 315.

Turned off the 600w and gonna let let them sit in darkness for a day or two before I chop.

I have another round of plants ready to go in their place after chop.

The 4x4 tent is dripping with resin! Looks like the PalSat will be the first to finish. The Satellite line were early finishers. I did notice a few nanners on her a few days ago, it's too late for them to doo much harm.
Only one of the Dreamin Dubbles hast fully swelled. The others swelled so much there barely any pistil left visible.
They had no smell for the longest time but now stink. When I harvest those I'll post up what smells I'm finding. So far it's like basements and rotten fruit, with a touch of whatever the major stink is from Critical Mass.

MallardDuck

Looking forward to when they fix up the site. I want to see what's brewing in the 4x4!

So I am probably being silly and its most likely something obvious.... but what are those numbers and letters you have written on the side of one of your hoods? A secret code perhaps? I ran it through my spare Enigma machine and it couldn't break the code. Spill the beans!

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Looking forward to when they fix up the site. I want to see what's brewing in the 4x4!

So I am probably being silly and its most likely something obvious.... but what are those numbers and letters you have written on the side of one of your hoods? A secret code perhaps? I ran it through my spare Enigma machine and it couldn't break the code. Spill the beans!

I made a post in the helpful hints and tips thread about it. I put a magnetic dry erase board on the hood for notes. I hadn't updated my notes in a while when I took that pic. Lol It was just initials of different strains
​​​​​​
cm = critical Mass
Ec = East Coast Big Bud
EDH is estimated date of harvest. Think messed that up.