What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Springfield Cannabis Co. criticized for inability to answer questions

Smoke_A_Lot

ICMag Donor
Veteran
'Waste of time' as Springfield Cannabis Co. criticized for inability to answer questions​

SPRINGFIELD -- Showing up late and unable to answer questions with specificity about jobs, traffic and security, a representative of a proposed marijuana facility was criticized Tuesday for being unprepared.

"It doesn't strike me that you're entirely prepared," City Councilor Michael A. Fenton said. "But it strikes me that this meeting today is a colossal waste of time."

Fenton is the councilor for Ward 2, where Springfield Cannabis Co. is proposing to open a marijuana business at vacant industrial property at 732 Cottage St.

Steven Mrowzinski, president of Springfield Cannabis, apologized for arriving late to the meeting at the John Boyle O'Reilly Club, 33 Progress Ave., and being unable to address residents' questions.

"It's a little bit of a rough start. I apologize for that," he said, adding, "I understand what you're saying and we're trying our best here."

He said he would take up residents and officials on the suggestion that another community meeting be held later when he is able to provide more answers to their questions.

About 30 people attended the meeting.

Springfield Cannabis lists Steven Mrowzinski and Michelle Mrowzinski, both of Middle Island, N.Y, as the corporate officers and directors. Steven Mrowzinski is listed as company president.

Philip Dromey, the city's deputy planner, said that a fully detailed security plan is part of the submission required by the city and state. In addition, he said he would expect that a traffic study will be needed from the company.

Raho

Veteran
Mass regs require owners/employees to be MA residents for at least one year before they can apply.
WTF are they even talking to New Yorkers for?

yardgrazer

It says they're corporate officers, the corporation could be registered with the MA secretary of state (and as we all know at this point, corporations are people).