What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thirsty or something else? HELP!

Day 9

Day 9

Day 9. They are doing great. The one I thought was going to be a male finally showed pistols so I got all females :good:

D9.jpg

rocker

Hey Trace,

Looking good indeed, did you do anything to adjust the PH? I tested my runoff earlier in the week and it was 6.0 or 5.8, my water is 6.0. The RO water I buy out of the machines test at around 8+, anyone know if that is normal? I bring it down to 6 before watering.
Cool beans on all the girls, very good news for you, awesome.
Will see ya around, keep it going looking very promising.

Day 13

Day 13

Yo Rocker!

Thanks man here they are 13 days flower. Regarding the PH I don't worry at all. I go by how the whores are looking. Let them tell me what they want. So far its only been water/feed. No signs of deficiencies whatsoever. Stems could be a little more robust. I started adding some Silicon to the regimen. Great for the flower stage with a 0-0-3 NPK. For the most part it's the organic microbial life sustaining the soil. So if my water/feed PH is low high or whatever the living soil web balances it out into the perfect PH environment that they prefer in order to thrive.. I think a lot of people get caught up in dialing in this or that which there is nothing wrong with that. It's been mentioned countless times Cannabis had no human involvement up to some point since its inception. I just try to mimic good ole mother nature and things seem to be going great. Feeding I go by the adage less is more. Starting next week I'll ramp up the P/K peak at week 6 then just regular PH'd water till the trichomes show me it's time to pull the plug.
Your grow is cruising right along it appears. They should be a little more filled out on your next round of pics. How you liking LEDs?

Peace!

D13.jpg

rocker

Trace, I’m with you on reading the girls and going from there, my other hobby is reef aquariums, and it’s much the same, the corals and fish tell you everything if you pay attention. I’m so jacked watcythe flowers develop, I gave em their first taste of fertilizer last night before lights out and they all looked happy this afternoon. I gave em a half dose of bloom boost, starting slow and will see how they go. I already think the Jack Herer and Greencrack could go stronger but the lemon haze may burn. I’ll wait, watch and proceed.
Nice picture, they are coming along nicely.

I already think the Jack Herer and Greencrack could go stronger but the lemon haze may burn. I’ll wait, watch and proceed.
Nice picture, they are coming along nicely.

Thanks man! I grew some Jack way back in the day. Turned out to be some really good smoke for sure. It's a great genetic. One of the best. I read somewhere it was fussy and needy but I had no problems with it.
I have read good things on the GC looks like a great choice. A friend of mine grew some LH gave me a sample. I wasn't blown away by it but I think he harvested it too early. From what I understand it has a pretty long flower period. If your plants are looking good after a feed the second day then I would up the juice maybe a 1/4-1/2 tsp and go from there. Better to under feed than hit em hard and create fires you have to put out. Looking forward to seeing some updated pics!

Lata-

rocker

Oh I like the LCD’s, again they were a game changer in my aquarium years ago and I figured if I can grow corals underwater, surely I can grow buds too. How they compare to my HPS I’ll see but it’s great not having the heat, but I’m still figuring out the height, I’m trying to reduce stretch by staying close in, so far no burn. I’m thinking of using a couple large cfl’s I have for extra light on the edges. I have a 600W in a 3x3 tent.

I’m thinking of using a couple large cfl’s I have for extra light on the edges. I have a 600W in a 3x3 tent.

Well, I have no experience with LED. I have always used MH/HPS. Obviously, LEDs produce but I already have all the HID equipment. Now that we are going into the fall/winter months the heat is not an issue. Purchasing a cooltube hood was a very wise investment. I can't believe how much heat my set up extracts. I can literally touch the tube and it is luke warm at most. I am pulling air out my attic and exhausting it outside through a window. I had it reversed until one morning before leaving for work I checked on them before lights out and walked into what I thought was going to be a disaster. The ducting was caked with condensation and water droplets from the intake side. I fucking tripped out as I noticed it was even creeping into the edges of the cooltube. Not good! So after researching it one guy from another forum suggested just flip the exhaust fan around. Problem solved. However, it's still pulling in very cool air from the attic and the intake side feels pretty cold before going through the cooltube but there is no condensation. However, it is raising the RH in the room the grow tent is in which is getting pulled into the tent then exhausted so being that I am in the flower stage I needed to get that in check so I bought me a dehumidifier and set that piece to 45% and it's working like a champ. Bonus- it gives off some heat so that helps keep the temps from dropping into the 60s when the lights are off. Bonus #2 I use the water collected to water/feed the plants. Right now with lights off the temps are 76 degrees with RH @ 44%. When the lights kick on temps only go up a few degrees staying just under 80.
Great idea on introducing some CFLs on the sides because you lose light spread when you lower the lights. I am not sure on LEDs but I would never put HIDs less than 18" from the top of the canopy if using 600w or more. That is just way overkill on light intensity. I have about 22" between the canopy top and the light right now. If your newer growth is really pale and yellowish and you have your environment dialed in etc... then chances are the lights are to close. Learned that by a suggestion on the forum. Raised the lights and everything cleared up. But that is with HID. I can't speak for LED. I don't know if you have been in a commercial grow space but if you haven't one thing you will notice is that the lights are literally multiple feet above the canopy. They do this for a reason and the buds produced for the dispensaries are alway top notch. As I have stated if one just mimics mother nature the best they can the end product should produce great results. Here is a thread on light distance from rollitup that has some good pointers. If you got some time to kill check it out.
https://www.rollitup.org/t/light-distance-at-professional-facilities.904704/page-1

Peace!

rocker

I checked the CFL's I had on hand and they are all 10000k, better for vegging, I am going to stick to what I have and see what it gives me. I always have the HPS setup if need be. But if this produces a decent BUD, between, the cool temps, less electricity and simplicity of the light fixture, I will be a happy camper.

Day 21

Day 21

Just keeping the journal going. Here I super cropped a couple colas to get them in line with the others and open up light to the tops 2nd in command. They are up taking / feeding right now looking super happy!

D21.jpg

D21b.jpg

SC.jpg

rocker

Hey Traceofvenom, thanks for the updated pictures, yur girls are looking really good, filling out nicely. I need to get to my journal updated, I took some pictures, end of last week but did not post any, I will have to get updated myself.

Again looking like they are filling in nicely, very exciting to see.

rocker

Looking really nice, really exciting to watch flowers grow. How many days/weeks are you anticipating these gals will take?

Looking really nice, really exciting to watch flowers grow. How many days/weeks are you anticipating these gals will take?

Three of the girls are Night Queen flowering time 8 to 9 weeks, One is White Gold with a shorter flowering window of 50 to 65 days then the unknown that I wasn't sure if it was gonna be a female I am not sure. It may be longer than the others based off the height as it may be more of a Sativa dominant. As I do with all pre harvest I test the trichomes through my scope and pull the plug when I have the ratio of amber/milky dialed in. Tonight they will be ready for a good feeding as they are starting into their fourth week so I am gonna hit em with the juice the next few weeks. This super cropping is no joke it really is plumping up the other side shoot buds. Definitely fun and exciting to watch. Cannabis is such a cool plant to grow! Love it!!!!

Looking good mate, I would clean up a lot of that undergrowth to improve air circulation down low

Yo Vapez!

I agree and I have been picking off fan leaves the first 12" or so. I haven't messed around with defoliating but have read about it. I definitely want to do it more than I have thus far. Any tips would be appreciated. Just wanna do it cautiously more importantly the right way! Thanks for chiming in! More pics if not tonight tomorrow night!

Peace!

Latest posts

Latest posts