What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone tried Swami Organic Seeds?

grayeyes

Hmm, well there seems to be two choices for Mr. Greengenes Cherry Bomb seeds- Verdant Green (when and IF he gets around to growing it) or Swami. I would not consider the reeferman stuff.

I acquired Cherry Bomb '78 from a trusted friend. I am planning on growing and seeding it this summer outside.

I just noticed that Mr. Greengenes is posting in November of 2018.

Hiya! And thanks for your work.

grayeyes

From what I understand, Mr. Greengenes spread the genetics to two sources (now with the word from the Man 3 sources). One is Swami and the other that I know of is Verdant Green. One will remain nameless but mentioned above.

Both are confirmed. If you are in the US Swami is your source (and from what I have read), much more dependable.

Elsewhere, Verdant will grow it when he grows it. He knows people want it but he is doing something else.

I can't wait for it to warm up in So. Cal.!!!

elrey

Legit AF

Legit AF

Been looking for “the” Cherry Bomb for quite a while. After being duped by countless counterfeits (Bomb Seeds), we got it. 3 week turn around and they shipped twice a month. Solid freebies as well (Big Kahuna x Cherry Bomb), got 17 Seeds per pack, only order 10.

elrey

Legit AF

Legit AF

The ev...

Attachments

• 955F1FD1-C290-4A70-87AE-F33C7EAA1992.jpg
    955F1FD1-C290-4A70-87AE-F33C7EAA1992.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 76

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi guys, after consulting with gascanistan/swami a year or so back i concluded that he had decent stock of Mr.G's Cherry Bomb, so i thought i'd leave it with him for a while and keep my remaining first-generation store of CB seeds for the future. Since then Mr.G has 'resurfaced' on the net which was great news :D
Gascan is a good guy i think, his heart is in the right place and he's no crook when it comes to selling seeds. One of the problems is that he always had a lot of fanatical 'born again' organic growers following him around and trying to 'back him up' - which often ended up with folks who had a difference of opinion with him being bullied or ridiculed, and i did call him and Coot out over that a few times, but for gas himself i think most of the cause of it was his great passion for the subject. Also it gets a bit ridiculous when growers will be driving half way across the USA to buy a bag of buckwheat hulls for their organic mix when the only real reason to use them was that they were a cheap, locally-sourced by-product that could be recycled in soil, or planting invasive weeds like horsetail in their garden to spread and add to their mix! That said, his central premise that we should recycle our soil and use over and over again is on the whole a good one.
His fast rise in popularity at IC, followed by his bad blooded departure (after some rather questionable ethics involving him trying to raise money and support for his own forum using IC mag members) permanently damaged the organics forum here and left a bad taste in my mouth, and although i still get on with him, he and some of his friends didn't appreciate my refusal to leave IC and follow him to JB's new website - although i was somewhat vindicated in that choice after JB disappeared with all the seeds and cash a few months later, burning swami and many others fairly badly i think.

His own forum started up after that and was ok for a while but i heard that fizzled out and now he is at IG.
I would say people should be reasonably confident in buying seeds from him, but obviously that always has an element of chance involved wherever/whoever you buy from, and small operators can't always necessarily go to the expense of re-sending seeds every time someone tells them that they haven't arrived.

VG

Last edited:

Mr. Greengenes

Re-incarnated Senior Member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

I'm growing out some '16 open pollinated Cherry Bomb seeds from Swami right now. I only started 4 seeds, lost one and ended up with three ladies. This one has the red pistils. The funny thing is, I'm red green color blind so I never selected for this. The gene was there all along, but it took someone who could see it to bring it out.

maimunji

maimunji - not sure I understand if you are being sarcastic or not? I'm not sure I see the issue with those plants. They seem to be stacking just fine. What are the issues you are having, more specifically?

dank.Frank

Not sarcastic dank i compare them to other plants in tent they are 3 times small than others... no issues i harvest one at day 55. Will harvest other 2 soon will post smoke dry nugs. They are just poor growers i expect them to explode after flip but isnt happening and they was big enough when i flip. Lets say this plant was 2 times small compare to them when i flip now she is 10 bigger...

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

I'm extremely impressed with the work GAS (Gascanistan) from Swami's did on my Cherry Bomb! It's almost like he managed to rewind a bit and tease out traits that I was afraid were lost. The red stem and petiols and berry smells are very prominent in one of my three ladies. A few times I've mentioned that I thought I'd selected CB too much for potency, and that the high THC kind of masked the nice flavors and smells. The three ladies I have seem to illustrate that perfectly. The other two are probably more potent (in terms of THC), but they have more ammonia and 'funk' in their odors and less color and berry smell. Guess which one I'm most excited to test? Funny huh? Jonesing on the less resiny looking sister.

I've had a lot of great e-mail feedback from people running Swami's Cherry Bomb recently. It really makes my day, thank you all SO much! The decision to make CB 'open source' was one of the best decisions I've ever made as a breeder.

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

A master grower friend from WA went to the Vancouver 420 event and sent me this pic of CB nugs. I was aware that quite a few North Cali growers are running CB outdoors now, but I thought it was less known up in Oregon and B.C. CB does finish pretty fast for a sativa dom, but I'm curious what it's northern limit is. Does anyone know who grew this CB for the event, or anything related?

I harvested my Cherry Bomb plants from Swami (GAS) and tested the 3 plants with my old vet friend and famous guitar technician, Docfret. We were simply blown away by the tastes and smells. I can't believe I didn't have any CB plants in my garden for more than 5 years! I have a giant collection of some of the best California genetics of the last 30 years, but CB is just a horse of a different color. Nothing else I have compares to CB in speed of growth, huge yields and all around toughness. Thanks again to everyone growing and breeding this strain, I can't wait to see (and sample!) the results of future crosses!

Mr. Greengenes

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The answer is yes. Not only is Swami's Cherry Bomb the very same genetics I preserved since the late 70's, but he has literally improved it by emphasising the older phenotypes. I should add that we've not met yet in person. He could only have known about these original traits by studying my posts in great detail, so you can imagine how much that impressed me!

swami has some very cool work. I'm a little skeptical about them having the 84 Eugene nl5 cut, but who knows and they deff do some bait and switch with "limited" releases . but I still rock with them even with some of drama. cause fire is fire , and over all gas is doing very good work for the gene pool.

djav59

I have the same question are these seeds any good?
Is this Swami the same as on PBS News clip and the one Frenchy Cannoli talks withon Youtube?
If so I would be very interested in some.

Fitzera

View Image

A master grower friend from WA went to the Vancouver 420 event and sent me this pic of CB nugs. I was aware that quite a few North Cali growers are running CB outdoors now, but I thought it was less known up in Oregon and B.C. CB does finish pretty fast for a sativa dom, but I'm curious what it's northern limit is. Does anyone know who grew this CB for the event, or anything related?

While I dont know who is growing CB, I am from BC and can say there are quite a few areas where you can grow sativas outdoor to their potential, especially a faster sativa. There are areas where people are still in the lake in Nov in good years.

grayeyes

And to be fair NEITHER are really swamis. That is a title that is only earned after years of study and diligence.