What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Shipping Seeds Via UPS in USA

thejact55

So I've ordered seeds a million times but never shipped any. I recently sent a package via UPS domestically to a friend. Seeds inside a smelly proof bad wrapped in clothing. Didn't think much of it until now, the day after. Is UPS a bad idea or as risky as any other carrier? Anyone have had sucessful or failure doing this? Probably just tripping out but looking for bad or good news. Thanks.

CoCoSativas

So I've ordered seeds a million times but never shipped any. I recently sent a package via UPS domestically to a friend. Seeds inside a smelly proof bad wrapped in clothing. Didn't think much of it until now, the day after. Is UPS a bad idea or as risky as any other carrier? Anyone have had sucessful or failure doing this? Probably just tripping out but looking for bad or good news. Thanks.

Dude most of the seed biz is by mail.

Courtier is better than regular post. I send dope in the mail to friends all the time. Courtier and regular tracked mail

That smells alot worse than seeds lol

corky1968

Veteran
Better hope you don't get caught. Chances are slim but it would suck.

I'm not telling anyone what to do. But I suspect that if a person did put them
in a tiny baggie wearing rubber gloves. Remove the gloves and follow this by
wiping that baggie with rubbing alcohol and putting it inside another baggie.
Everything would fly no problem.

If your really paranoid. Send them wearing gloves with the Mayor's return address. LOLZ

thejact55

Smell isn't really my concern even thought i still bagged it anyways lol. Guess I'm just worried about an xray and them seeing some package in the pockets of some shorts wrapped in a tshirt. I am sending to a newer grower so I have included instructions With my experiences with the seeds. Maybe not the smartest.
Just worried they will open it and then what?
Probably just tripping out as I have a nice career and such that would be on the line over something small like this. I'm sure all is fine. Just stressing the lack of my stealth packaging and using a private carrier.

G

If x-ray is a worry the beans would be mere shadows in the picture.
Perhaps putting some plastic beads the same size with the beans would allay some worry.
I think it is valuable for you to be concerned, but I think there would need to be some bad luck in the mix for a package to go south...

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Never use couriers they can open and search packages indiscriminately. USPS is your friend, they require a search warrant to search anything of yours and (probably) don't give a fuck about seeds.

corky1968

Veteran
There's always pigeons. :laughing:

pigeon-with-a-little-bag-filled-with-drugs.jpg

Ready4

Veteran
Never use couriers they can open and search packages indiscriminately. USPS is your friend, they require a search warrant to search anything of yours and (probably) don't give a fuck about seeds.

USPS sure as hell is not your friend !!! I laugh at the nonsense about "require a search warrant" . That is nothing but a misleading bunch of nonsense. Since Postal Inspectors are law enforcement , they just can fax a request to search to a completely 100% compliant judge - it is not like your package and/or rights will get any kind of a fair hearing, simply a formality that allows all involved to get paid while pretending to work. USPS has all the time in the World to hold your package until warrant gets sent back ( less than 30 minutes from what I am told most times) , they get paid regardless.

No courier is 100% safe. But ONLY USPS is a FED LAW violation.
And they do seize seeds all the time, just check this site for those stories.
It is foolish to send any quantity by any courier. But if you have little or nothing to lose, go for it. Risk reduction common sense would scream NO FED LAW VIOLATION.

thejact55

Understood on USPS vs private carriers. I went to USPS first. Closed and I got lazy and just drove to the closest ups without thought. I know my odds are very low of bad things happening. Just would be crappy to have this be a life changing event over something so small when I could have been much more careful. Thanks for all of the awesome replys.

Green Squall

For fuck sake you are fine. Stop tripping out. Do you have any idea how many packages a day they deal with? And your not even shipping anything sketchy! No need to be paranoid over nothing.

Joint Lock

Been buying seeds from 1999 to current . Only had one issue back in 2001 (9/11) hit and they were seized . Got sent a letter w/green tape . told me if I wanted to dispute the seizure of my seeds. If not they would be destroyed in x amount of days .Then call this 1800 phone number . If that happens chalk it up as a loss . Then go find a buddy who allow u to use his address . just make sure they are honest. I had a grow of 8 plants going and didn't even bat a eye

Other then that your over thinking this . Paranoid over buying seeds , Wonder what u will be like for 60 days of flower . Seed boutique , seed bay , herbies , a t ti tu de all great banks ive used over the years . The one I got seized in the mail . That was from a bank who no longer sends to the US. Very discreet companies out there pick one listed wait 2 weeks and your set

Last edited:

iBogart

Veteran
So many excuses to get out if caught.

send the seeds stuffed into the pockets of some jeans that don't fit you (worked for OJ). If you get popped, tell them they ain't your jeans and you didn't check the pockets before you sent them.

Edit: Make sure your home address is clean!

iBogart

Veteran
Been buying seeds from 1999 to current . Only had one issue back in 2001 (9/11) hit and they were seized . Got sent a letter w/green tape . told me if I wanted to dispute the seizure of my seeds. If not they would be destroyed in x amount of days .Then call this 1800 phone number . If that happens chalk it up as a loss . Then go find a buddy who allow u to use his address . just make sure they are honest. I had a grow of 8 plants going and didn't even bat a eye

Other then that your over thinking this . Paranoid over buying seeds , Wonder what u will be like for 60 days of flower . Seed boutique , seed bay , herbies , a t ti tu de all great banks ive used over the years . The one I got seized in the mail . That was from a bank who no longer sends to the US. Very discreet companies out there pick one listed wait 2 weeks and your set

OP is talking bout him sending seeds to a buyer within the U.S.