What's new

Can no longer save photos?

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
Hey Skip, I've noticed recently that I can no longer right-click and save photos.

In Mozilla it now sez 'Pin it' and in E, nothing happens.

Is this a Windows 10 update or new site policy?:tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I can still right click and save...I refused to upgrade to window 10..so its your computer not the site.....yeehaw

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
picture.php

must be your computer or browser.

PoweredByLove

Most Loved
the second i saw windows 8. i was like...skiplahh...uninstall.

also it might look like i'm telling you to shut the front up, i'm not. super time force ultra. great game you should try it.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
I'm running Windows 10 with all the upgrades and it works fine for me... on both PCs...

Slipnot

Sometimes with windows 10 you need to uninstall and reinstall you may not have got all files or one may have been corrupted i needed to uninstall and re down load it at first i hated 10 but now its like any other older version

Skip

Veteran
Hey Skip, I've noticed recently that I can no longer right-click and save photos.

In Mozilla it now sez 'Pin it' and in E, nothing happens.

Is this a Windows 10 update or new site policy?:tiphat:

"Pin It" has nothing to do with ICMag, Windows or Mozilla.

You obviously have been to a site and installed some software that let's you "pin" images to another site.

I'll let you figure out what you did...

BTW, when you "pin" something or post an image in the "Cloud", that is not the same as saving it to your HD.

You don't have the copy in your possession and never will unless you specifically save it to a local device.

Joint Lock

I'm running XP Media Center Edition right now.

Still runs smooth. Fuck the updates.

I don't need Billy Gates knowing what I'm doing.

BTW: The US Navy is running XP so what does that tell you?

Why the U.S. Navy is still paying Microsoft millions for Windows XP

Their a free tool on the net with a few commands will root a xp machine like no tomorrow . The tool is used for security testing of networks and pc's . I wont name it here, but if u want to know corky pm me .Root means full access to your machine anytime online .

I find it hard to believe with all of the knowledge of MS and it's affiliation and assistance to the FBI n CIA, NSA that anyone especially growers use those insecure platforms any longer.

Go Linux or some other open source or go home...... LOL

corky1968

Veteran
Say what you want. But do you honestly think you can get a license to be an ISP
if you don't so call cooperate with the listeners (i.e NSA, FBI, etc)?

There's a backdoor to everything out there.

Got a cell phone? They are all compromised don't kid yourself either.

RCMP can spy on your cellphone, court records reveal

Let's back to this photo issue I ran out of tin foil.

Joint Lock

Thing is anything can be hacked these days . myself I run 7 . close off all ports on the router and use a proxy server

Such as proxy4free just do your web activities from the browser on the page or set up a manual free proxy . make sure u use one that has check box options for cookies ect or u wont be able to log into the mag or other places

To know if it works right use ipchicken.com check your ip then visit it again using the browser on the page of proxy4free ip should change so should location

Manual proxy setup is a bit harder to do but not rocket science . I do network security for a living . if anyone is wondering . im also a software engineer in 4 languages and web design in 3 languages . My hat is white and always will be . computer guys know what im saying

Last edited:

corky1968

Veteran
Did you ever ask yourself who really runs these proxy servers?

I bet some are Man in the Middle.

Skip

Veteran
Did you ever ask yourself who really runs these proxy servers?

I bet some are Man in the Middle.

Let's not forget that real "Man in the Middle" for everyone is their own local ISP. And most LEO actions are initiated on the local level, unless it involves interstate activity. And with the use of stingrays, they don't even need a warrant (or do they?)

You'll notice that the big corporations supporting user privacy are not the ISPs themselves. The big ISPs are in a huge bind, because they are all under National Security orders.

Their bizes are NOT so dependent on protecting your privacy as other companies that have competition overseas that would love to steal customers from US companies due to doubts over privacy protections. So Apple for example can fight for user privacy, protecting their own business interests. But as was shown, there really IS no privacy from hackers, governments, ISPs, or corporations.

I think we've reached critical mass in the US with legalization and the numbers of ppl OVERGROWING to such an extent that LEO cannot possibly deal with it anymore. Esp with really dangerous addictive drugs (like opiates) becoming more of a priority with dozens of deaths a day!

Anyone who is insecure about their situation should really temper their online presence so they don't need to be so paranoid. But really online activity is rarely the basis for initiating police action, unless it's blatant sales of large quantities (they can't keep up with that either). And then it's locally initiated, usually due to a complaint. So randomly posting on a huge international forum is not likely to bring attention to anyone unless they attract attention locally.

Latest posts

Latest posts