What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

afghani #1

dirkdaddy

I am thinking about this as my first strain. I am curious about the bushy-ness of this strain. I am planning on running a 400w hps in a dr80 grow tent. the tent isn't the tallest, only 2'8"x2'8"x5' 3". I am looking for a bushy indica that responds well to topping. I am planning on running 3-4 plants and I was hoping to hear some experiences/opinions on sensi's afghani #1. any other suggestions for indica's (or even mixes) that will stay low with ease, respond well with topping, and bush out nicely? thanks!

Last edited:
Z

zoolander

I grew Sensi's Afghani #1 and it just got a huge main bud with some nice tight side nugs . This was no training or topping and flowered at 12 inches

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
Sensi Star from Paradise would be a good choice.

Short and squat with almost no stretch in flower.

5LG

Tumblepop

I've grown Afghanii#1 in 2006 (15 seeds packet). Very easy to grow, low-mid odor in bloom, good smoke.. typical knock out of indica! nice choice IMO! You should look for LUI (legends ultimate indica) too..

G

Ive grown the afghani offering from numerous companies and I dont consider #1 to be one of the better ones. It was ok, don't get me wrong, but their are 2 pheno's, one that gets a bit taller and while the potency is decent, its nothing to crow about.

Honestly, Nirvana's afghani is much more consistent and more potent. Ive only grown a few NIrvana strains, but after growing thier affie, I immediately ordered 4 packs. A much better plant than #1 in my view.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
what 5LG said,sensi star is really nice with its burn rubber,fuel type lemon scent and tastes like really nice dank afghani black hashish after its dryed n cured,proper potent to.

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
marijuanamat said:
what 5LG said,sensi star is really nice with its burn rubber,fuel type lemon scent and tastes like really nice dank afghani black hashish after its dryed n cured,proper potent to.

Good post Mat!!!You are one of the only people that describe sensi star as is...It's irritating to see them advertise fruity as the odor from this plant...It's more like burnt rubber and some phenos are like rotting meat...But the potency is off the hook!!Excellent indica for first timers or the experienced........
Excellent knock your ass out indica...................................CC

I'vealso done the sensi Afi #1 and the BCSC Afi#1....If you are looking for straight potency the SStar would be the choice...The Afi are more stable for other type needs.......

dirkdaddy

thanks for all of the input. sounds like MLI is worth the extra $10. but the sensi star sounds mighty enticing too. ugh, I am torn but I'll make up my mind somehow! I may just break down and fork over the extra cash for the sensi star. decisions, decisions.

R

riverrat7

Hi I've got to agree with silverback. I've grown both nirvana and sensi's affies and Nirvana is the clear winner. One of my favorite strains!

Sensi's affie despite what people say seems to have sativa traits in it. There is an indica pheno though which smells like roak kill . One good thing about it is that the buds look fuck all but weigh a ton. The heaviest buds per square cm ive grown.

Nirvanas is alot more stable and consistantly indica like. Smell on the plant is like the cologne "jazz", Fuken unbeatable. Hardy as hell and yields very well.

Dna Afghan only one pheno Fem turned out and Smelt like nothing and yielded ok. Dont recomend this pheno..

Really you havent grown Afghan till you've grown Nirvana Afghan IMO.

RR