What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BL's Garden

BudLove

Hey all,

I love that IC created this forum... I do more growin than just bud...and could always use some help on some of the veggies I grow....

Here is what I have so far
Zucchini
Cantaloupe
Eggplant

Havent had any eggplants show bulbs yet...but oh well, just waitin....

trademanny

BudLove said:
Here is what I have so far
Zucchini
Cantaloupe
Eggplant

How do your cantaloupes do?

I've got a bunch of squash, zukes, cukes, peas, beans, carrots, celery (this was new this year, surprisingly coming out nice!), onions, lettuce and strawberries...

Would like to try some hydro strawberries in the winter actually..

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great budlove, you have some yummmy veggies comin out real soon,awesome!!

BudLove

Cantaloupes are somewhat of a challenge as they are very vine'y, tend to grow and take up every piece of garden space available, require a good amount of water, need bee's to pollinate and they do NOT ripen once pulled off the vine (unlike most fruit). Also, I've learned - when the fruit shows up and reaches about the size of my pic above, it's best to place a board underneath it. This lends to not only prevent rotting of the fruit but also stops any moles or underground pests from getting into it.

However - I have YET to taste a store bought cantaloupe that even comes CLOSE to home grown! Just can't beat em!

My problem seems to be more with my zucchini's - I get em about 4inches long and then they slowly begin to turn yellow. I'm suspecting too much nutes but I find it hard to believe.

Oh well... at least I aint growin to feed a family here... haha