What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GH Trainwreck

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
This is GH Trainwreck @ 46 days. (Feminized)

I've got a thread going in the GH forum but thought I'd post here for those who don't visit the GH forum. Hope its OK to post here as well.

12804Trainwreck_1.jpg

12804Trainwreck_2_Shit_pheno_.jpg

12804GH_Trainwreck_1_foxtail.jpg

12804GH_Trainwreck_2_shit_pheno_closeup_.jpg

G

grapepunched

AWESOME! So glad I picked up 2 5 packs of these, that's 10 females to sort through! WOOHOO! k+ to you for eliminating my fears of not having a dank trainwreck! How's she smell?

-gp

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow very nice! if she smokes as good as she looks, you are gonna be stoked!!!....sub

bluebottle

Excellent crystal buildup 5leg. Great job. Can you tell us a little about your setup? I would love to get my hands on some TW... heard a lot of good things about GH's strain too. Have you smoked any yet?

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
gp - Thanks. Glad I could ease your mind a little bro.

The smell varies a little from plant to plant. The one in the first pic (above) smells like sweet, fruity, rotten meat or something....difficult to describe. The one in the second pic (above) smells like poo.....seriously. It smells like no other plant I've grown before. Just hope she doesnt taste like she smells....

subrob - Thanks man. I sure hope the smoke turns out like the buds.

bluebottle - Appreciate the complement and your AI thread is off the chain! Havent smoked any yet, there currently @ 47 days flower. I'll be sure to post a full smoke report once complete.

Heres the basics of my setup.

Grown in soil (5gal buckets) under 2 x 400W HPS using Fox Farm nutes. I'll be happy to provide more detail if interested.

I've got 4 TW going at the moment. From what I hear on the forums, they do not resemble the arcata TW in anyway. However, real TW or not, I am pleased with the results so far.

Here are the other 2 phenos:

12804Trainwreck_4.jpg

12804Trainwreck_3.jpg

5LG

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Goat-i had a pheno of trainwreck from norcal. I remembered hearing someone describe the aroma as " a rotting whale carcass being burned on a beach"- and that is EXACTLY what my tw ended up smelling like!!!!! lol. so i would say maybe GH did a good job bringing out the TW aspect of whatever cross this is.

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
subrob - lol Thats a good way of describing it. Lets hope she doesnt taste like a rotting whale carcass....

Ganja Pasha - Thanks again bro. You have a good eye......pheno #1 is my favorite as well.

Primprimo - Thanks dude....can't wait to DO a smoke report.

I'll throw up some more pics soon.

5LG

12804GH_Trainwreck_1a1.jpg

G

It looks to have a really good structure to the buds, I like that 'fat foxtail' look. It looks a bit fatter than the TW I grew, more bulk to the buds.

Eli Bloom

that looks very well developed for 46 days in. nice work goat, and nice work at GH (i haven't had a good experience w/ them before, but i'm impressed), that looks like some killer bud! what's it smell like? arcata wreck is a real BO smell..."sweaty balls"....LOL i'll leave you with that...sweaty balls... :joint:

billb

Veteran
this looks nothing like mine, i got an early flowering pheno. 3 weeks into flower right now. will post some pics of her in a few days when new cam arrives. she is purple. has anyone ever had any pheno's that color? not sure if she's special or GHS screwed up on their packaging. the other 9 aren't budding.

G

guest5703

Doesnt look like arcata your right, but does it smell like her at all????? Does anyone know if GH actually had a TW cut???

Eli Bloom

i'm not surprised about all of the different phenos coming out...it must be hard to stabilize strains when you're pumping them out like [insert awesome analogy here...i'm too baked :bashhead: :bashhead: ] as far as the origin of the tw...it's not like it's that hard to get a cut of TW, so I believe that it was used somewhere along the way, they GHSC does have resources.

G

Okay, I'll be honest, these plants don't look like TW, but they do look good. TW isn't all that great a plant to grow - it has very weak, floppy stems, low yield, doesn't produce large colas, just lots of small, very resinous buds, throws nanners. Looks to me like GHS have either labelled something else TW or have crossed something else to a TW cut, possibly to improve the weak points I mentioned.

Of course, if the smoke is really good, it's not too important what the genes are exactly, but it would be nice to see some honesty in GHS marketing from time to time. First we had the fake SSH, then the non-flowering Doctor debacle, then the fake Cheese that is bugger all like Cheese, doesn't inspire confidence for their upcoming 'Chemdog' release, does it?

I had a pheno of TW from a seedline from Woodhorse seeds that was spot-on for the Arcata cut, weak stems and nanners included. I can't find many pics of her, but here's a few showing the resin production, I think these are at 6 weeks:

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

G

grapepunched

Funny you mention the WoodHorse TW, I just picked up a 10 pack tonight on B i d z bay for 50 bucks from British Hempire seeds, the Trainwreck is from the WoodHorse line... Can't wait to try 'em out with my GHS TW!

-gp

G

I made those seeds, I'm British Hempire, had to close my old account here a while back.

This is the mother of those seeds:

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0057.jpg

DSCF0058.jpg

Great to see someone else running them alongside the GHS TW, abirdintheair is also doing so.

G

grapepunched

Wowee am I glad to have gotten such a steal, for 50 bucks if I find one pheno that remotely resembles the momma then I'm a happy camper... Do you expect us to find something this nice in those seeds?

-gp

Thanks again for the GREAT price of your beans!

G

Well, I only had one male, and he was a nice one, there were four phenos, all similar in structure, resin production and potency, the variation was in the smell/taste mostly, here's the 4 phenos, you should see most of these in those seeds, I deliberately didn't work it further than this to give folks the opportunity to select the one they liked most, but all should be really good with great resin and potency and a lovely heady clear, energetic high.

Pheno 1. My chosen keeper and seed mother, smell/taste of oranges/limes/lemons, best yield of the bunch. Very floppy stems.

Pheno 2. Arcata pheno, virtually identical to the cut as far as I could tell, lemon/catpiss smell, tasted like lemon pledge, exceptional resin but a few later flower nanners, very floppy stems

Pheno 3. Almost identical to the Arcata pheno but no nanners, slightly stronger stems and more lemon juice than lemon pledge, the catpiss odour is missing too, which I preferred.

Pheno 4. Afghan pheno. A little bit shorter and stockier than the other, stonger stems that didn't flop around, slightly tighter buds, but still fantastic resin, piney smell/taste with hints of lemon.

The good news for anyone wishing to breed with this line is that it is truebreeding for the fantastic resin production and doesn't seem to pass on the floppy stem trait if you cross it to something with strong stems.

I really hope you enjoy them, they aren't heavy feeders, they preferred ec 1.7 to 1.8, the Afghan pheno was a bit more hungry and liked 1.8 fine. Easy to grow but watch out for the floppy stems and 3x stretch, best way to get a good yield is to prune/train into a bush with many budsites as they like to produce lots of smaller buds rather than colas. Finishes at 70 days, the Afghan pheno is a bit quicker - 65 days, I saw no difference really between letting them go 70 days or 75, but I do suggest going at least 65 for full taste and potency. Potency and taste compare very favourably with things like ECSD and Cheese, I preffered the TW to either of those, although I liekd both very much indeed, I really adored the TW. Only down points are the stretch, floppy stems and if you smoke a lot, it can be hard sleeping, it's very potent and will fuel the brain and thought process for many hours, which is why it makes sleeping difficult, just avid smoking it at nighttimes and you won't have this problem. I missed the odd night's sleep a few times due to overindulgence in TW.

Some random shots of the other phenos, as you can see, they were all similarly frosty and nice:

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0010.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0006.jpg

DSCF0007.jpg

DSCF0008.jpg

Afghan pheno:

DSCF0065.jpg

DSCF0062.jpg

DSCF0060.jpg

DSCF0026.jpg

DSCF0027.jpg

DSCF0030.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0037.jpg

DSCF0038.jpg

I really didn't do a good job of documenting the TW work I did and haven't got many pics, sadly, not like I have for some of my other work.

Latest posts

Latest posts