What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

General Gardening

bumo for a general gardening forum from me too.

Going to get my seedlings going before I move house in July so I can get right on it in my new garden, both outdoors and in if you catch my train of thought!

SM

Dan42nepa

I just got some wormwood, st johns wort, gold medal tomatoe, golden zuccini, garden sunshine pepper and will start germinating today.. The tomatoes look cool they are yellow with orange streaks inside.. supposed to be super sweet.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
If there was room for it, I'd endorse a general gardening forum here too. It seems that many growers are also gardeners/orchardests(sp?), it just seems to go hand and hand with Cannabis.

D

DJ_highst_

cool thread, can I play too?

I have some Japanese Maples That I grow from clone and I am about to start my veggie garden for the summmer today!

here is a little eye candy for ya

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DJ ....that Japanese Maple is beautiful!! ..I've wanted one of those for as long time...they are so pretty..yours is very healthy looking!! nice

p.s. If you have a suggestion for the site msg DG or OP :D

Last edited:
G

Ah yes, general gardening. Well, sorta. Being many of us are 'erb' growers and this is a stoner forum - but we do use our mastery of growin the erb and apply it to other gardening.

This year, the front yard:

Manicured lawn (if I don't, the fascists fine me)
Pansies are going to be planted around the front porch and I am going to attempt to grow a couple Bodhi trees (ficus religiosa). I am considering growing a dwarf cherry tree in front. It won't be grown for food, but kept pruned for "pretty."
Hanging from the porch - we haven't decided yet - I am thinking something for the hummingbirds.
Then alone the fence, in front seperating the front yards from the back, Rose of sharon.

The Backyard:

The main garden will have sweet corn, pickling cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, watermelon, cantelope, snapbeans, cabbage, a variety of peppers, and celery.

Along beside that, near the fence, will be sunflowers.

On the other Garden, on the South side of the house - I have no clue yet. and on the round garden beautifying our detached garage, There were moonflowers, but I don't know if they'll be kept or changed for something else.

Then along the West fence line, I cleared the half dead trees that grew through the fence. They will be lined with Apple and peach trees. Red fuji and granny smith (they pollenate each other) and the peaches are self pollenators.

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Im all for a general gardening forum. Since we do have the Tokers Den..it does not seem to me that it's only a MJ growing forum but a lifestyle forum as well. And i think that promoting gardening and down to earth thinking in general is a very noble idea.

Also i think it would leave a positive impression on the public that we do not just grow pot..but we are interested in all sorts of growing and not obsessed on MJ. Think about this if the general gardening forum starts to grow and collect valuable info maybe other non smokers will join the site and discover cannabis in the process..

Heck if it's a matter of money we could start a fund ?!..I'd give a little..

D

DJ_highst_

Gelatinous said:
who fines you if you dont cut your lawn right?

Home owners ASS-ociation or city/township, if its an ordinance for people to not have "un-sightly" things in the yard.

D

DJ_highst_

Mrs.Babba said:
DJ ....that Japanese Maple is beautiful!! ..I've wanted one of those for as long time...they are so pretty..yours is very healthy looking!! nice

p.s. If you have a suggestion for the site msg DG or OP :D

Thanks Mrs. Babba and Gelatinous

If you ever need a maple let me know, thats why I am making clones. :)

If I have any ideas of suggestions I will PM DG or OP thanks.

Nikijad4210

Veteran
I agree, a General Growing forum would be an excellent asset.
I've been growing Lemon Basil, have 4 plants. Still run arcoss questions an internet search doesn't turn up answers for (like how often to feed) Would be nice to be able to confer with other cooking herb growers once in a while when needed.

G

DJ_highst_ said:
Home owners ASS-ociation or city/township, if its an ordinance for people to not have "un-sightly" things in the yard.
wow that's so weird

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nikijad4210 said:
I've been growing Lemon Basil, have 4 plants. Still run arcoss questions an internet search doesn't turn up answers for (like how often to feed) Would be nice to be able to confer with other cooking herb growers once in a while when needed.

feed about once every 2-3 weeks. don't over water.

peace dL :joint:

big bang

hell yeah a general gardening forum would be great! i just started growing some non-smokeable herbs myself this week (basil, mint, thyme, rosemary, garlic chives) and it would be great to talk to other people who have the same gardening (weed) experience.

any of you guys use your hydro water to feed your houseplants/other herbs? when i do my reservoir switch can i feed them with that instead of just dumping it down the drain?

kurlyq2g

I would love to see a general gardening forum here at ICmag.

I have
14 types of tomato this year (+ some "volunteers" that sprouted on thier
own, from tomatos that got burried last year.)
21 squash/zuchini/cucumber plants
3 jalapeno plants
12 green bean plants
8 sunflowers
2 lemon trees
1 loquat tree
a freaking gigantic pomagranet grove.
and the 4 concorde grape vines are making grapes for the first time. (it
takes a few years for them to mature enough to fruit)

I would love to have a place to show my progress, ask for advice, and talk about what we all get at the end of the season.

I have been feeding most of my plants with Fox Farm "Grow Big" and they respond well to it. It really helps them fill in nice and bushy.

any questions will gladly be answered if you just ask me.

Some varieties of tomato i have this year. More pictures to come soon, they are all producing flowers as we speak.

More pictures to come soon. Feel free to comment/criticize/ask questions, I can take it.

G

i hope to do roses. i could go for some nice thick chunky smelly roses