What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

General Gardening

Dan42nepa

I planted some golden zucchini squash, gold medal tomatoes (yellow red streaked tomatoes) some sugar snack tomatoes, and another yellow fruit tomatoe. and some sweet slice cucumbers. I started the squash and gold medal tomatoes inside from seed and got my seeds from seed saver exchange which is a great heriloom seed place. I also bought some stevia and st johns wort and some wormwood but having problems sprouting those. All are doing great. I am also growing some sugar snacks upside down in hanging buckets with the plant growing out of the bottom of the hanging bucket. I am trying this with an MJ plant also... so far so good. Have small tomatoes already and flowers on everything.

The Uncola

To Niki and others who have asked questions about the pepper situation:
I grew all of my peppers from seed. I got them from Pepper Joe's as an Xmas present.
(Strange but true) I have had problems growing the Habs. They are really slow to start. The others like Chicken Heart are doing well. This one is very interesting. They are orange and the plants are still quite small. On the Cannabis front- I have 4 plants about to be sent to 12/12. I am trying to keep a low profile!

Stone

Bump for a general gardening section or subsection.
With all the other far out sections on here, a GG seems far more fitting than many that already exist!

hunt4genetics

Veteran
I also agree.
A general gardening forum would be a great thing.
I would love a forum for veges, fruits, and other non mj plants.
Ethogens salvia, aya, blue lotus,... it would be great.

peace

FTP UNDERGROUND

I agree there should definatley have a gen. garden forum....i got silver queen corn p and c hybrid corn 6 early girl tomatoes, 3 cherry tomatoes, habeneros, bell peppers, 3 types of carrots, onions, strawberrys,peas,beans.....herbs indoor in hydro and jalepenos started in another tray....and the info ive found elsewhere about gardening, im sure would not compare to what the people here could do/ collect....btw ne body know ph, ec, and indoor light cycles for jalepenos?

hunt4genetics

Veteran
I totally agree also.
There seems to be great demand for a general gardening forum.

do you think it is a band with issue?

peace

Endo

IcMag Resident Comic Relief
Veteran
med_breeder said:
currently have several pineapples on the verge of ripness!

all grown from the planted crowns of store purchased pineapples!

I need details!!!!! please. :lurk:

Endo

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Glad to see this thread back on track...will snap some pics tomorrow :D

Hi All,

This is my first season gardening veggies and I'm loving it! I can't wait until next season when I get a chance to correct the mistakes a made this season. Here's my first ever harvest.

Feature left to right: rosemary, sweet basil, sweet 100 tomato, and jalapeno.

Peace

G

This last year I've put a few gardens under my belt. After its all said and done and you start harvesting.. well, my conclusion was now I'm going to start with heirloom seeds... seeds from places on the net where they have kept genes from weird places like even Russia.

Because when it comes down to it, it really sucks to put in the time, and then get a variety of tomatoe that is just blah...totally hybridized, boring, etc. Like some yellow ones I harvested. Sure its food, which is a good thing... but still.

Right now I'm harvesting cantalope, which is very very good. I'm happy I guess. Next years garden should be fun.

Banjoboy

Garden Bounty

Garden Bounty

Just some of this years harvest.

Time to plan next years garden. First garden at my new place. Bigger and better next year.
BB
:wave:

Elk Woman

Hi folks, I notice nobody has posted anythng on this thread for a couple months; what's the status with the general gardening forum? Will they let us have it, if we post herb-and-veggie pix grown as companion plants with The Kind?

This year we grew our buds outdoors, and I couldn't help myself; I planted beans, tobacco, herbs, melons, flowers and tomatoes in beds surrounding the good-herb plants. Bet you didn't know that melons love exactly the same nutrients cannabis loves? We had four volunteer honeydew melons, sprouting from our compost, which took till end of October to harvest, but they were EACH 10# melons, and as sweet as any you've ever tasted. The zucchini was over the top as expected, and the tobacco got to 6' tall before I pulled it just before the frost. All of these plants were receiving the same super-nutes as the Girls, and everyone did very well!

By the way, I want to address a common statement: "Don't smoke around your plants." This is confusing. The original reason to not smoke around your living cannabis plants is because commercial tobacco and cigarettes are prone to many diseases, some of which can be passed to other plants (tobacco mosaic virus, etc.). You CAN however, plant cannabis and tobacco near each other as cannabis is not susceptible to the mosaic -- at least I've never seen any damage.

The other common reason for the idea not to smoke around your plants is the idea that we are "torturing" the plants by smoking in front of their sisters which would "traumatize" them. Perhaps some of you gardeners are familiar with the book "The Secret Life of Plants;" where a man with a lie detector connected it to his house plants and set it up to "read" their stress levels as he subjected them to first pleasant experiences (watering/singing/fertilizing etc.) and then unpleasant ones (pinching/burning leaves etc.). He kept the polygraph connected to the plants overnights, and when he woke up thinking about what new experiments he could be doing on them that day, the plants in his office were shown to be reacting in real-time to whatever intentions he was setting. If he were torturing them that day, when he got to the office his polygraphs had all registered extreme distress at the exact time he was planning his schemes. Conversely if he had been thinking happy thoughts about them ("I love you; you're so beautiful" etc.), they registered pleasant sensations. To me this proves that plants have consciousness; they are telepathic and receive impressions from the beings around them. This info alone is good enough reason to start and keep a general garden forum, as long as we can keep bringing the topic pack to cannabis-relevance.

The point I want to make here is that if this info is true (and I personally am convinced it is!), then we can minimize trauma to our plants by loving them, nurturing them, talking to them, and THANKING THEM for their good medicine!

As a shaman, I pray over every first pipe; my friends are used to it and are mostly charmed. I use a modified native american prayer which honors and appreciates all the gifts I receive, all the kindnessses, all the teachings and the people in my life who feed my soul;and I always end it: Thank you to the Pot Fairy and All Those Who Serve Her!

Enjoy all the fruits of earth--buds included!

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
general gardening....great idea.... would like to see a chilli thread like the one that was on CW years ago....HH. =]-~

Latest posts

Latest posts