What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER 20 BUCKS !!

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
i went to the craft store recently (Michael's) and they only had the crappy one, not the twist type! I was pissed, the lady was like, "What's the difference, just use this one, just buy the $11 dollar one" i was like "NO dammit, i want the MAKIN PROFESSIONAL DAMMIT"

So yeah i'm still on the hunt, i might as well get an ebay one...

Great thread though, thanks for this...I've used pollen presses and whatnot, but i'm not about to shell out $100 for a metal tube and two rubber stoppers..
ArcticBlast

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
yeah arctic, I got mine from ebay and I got the aluminium one.

I will only use it for dry sift so I doubt I'll need to heat it to press it. I'm glad I know I need to be careful or strip the thread, thanks to the good guys sharing their experiences here.

The press worked great on a 1.5gm bunch of ultra sonja glands I just harvested hehe

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Glad everyone is still finding this usefull, and I appreciate the comments. Thanks to those that have added some pic's of their pressed product.

OneCanSam

Pipedream,

Took me two years to read this thread, but I appreciate you posting it.

My Makins extruder arrived yesterday, a friend of mine is making me some disks the same size as the small disk, except without the extruder hole, he'll make me a dozen or so of them on his company's waterjet. :eek::

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 19

cornflake

better'n coco pops any ol' day o da week
Veteran
Glad everyone is still finding this usefull, and I appreciate the comments. Thanks to those that have added some pic's of their pressed product.

Here's one of my efforts. Some Gumby Hash made from my Ultra Sonja trim :woohoo:

A couple of things I've learnt....wash each time with iso or the glands stick and your hash will get stuffed up, like the smaller of these 2. I'm just using the disk with the smallest hole, no hash seems to squeeze through, so it'll do until I can get some dimes or something the right size...

picture.php

OneCanSam

Mr Pipedream:

Well here's my 1st try, came out pretty decent. I did things a bit different though, what I did was fill the entire tube with the finest Jack Herer I had. It was ground to a fine mixture, then I followed your instructions.

My block is a bit big, but it came out really nice. I was surprised how well it turned out. A good friend of mine will have this on Monday, so he thanks you as well for this fine tutorial.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 22
C

Cerb

I'm diggin' this. It's unfortunate that I wasn't around during this thread's prime.

Thanks Pipedream.

skunkape

I just ordered the clay press and am anxious to try it out...
I have 1 question... Would I be able to cut off the part of the hash that got black (the part that got slightly heated) and then back up the plunger, start again with the rest of the stuff, and repeat the process until all the stuff comes out black?

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Depending on the quality of the stuff you are starting with, it may all come out black the first time around. The more plant matter, the darker it will be. Also, if you are growing your own, the longer the glands mature before you harvest them the darker they will be as well, and the more narcotic the high.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I just ordered the clay press and am anxious to try it out...
I have 1 question... Would I be able to cut off the part of the hash that got black (the part that got slightly heated) and then back up the plunger, start again with the rest of the stuff, and repeat the process until all the stuff comes out black?

To give a different perspective, you could in theory do what you are saying but it seems like an awful lot of unnecessary work. Plus with all that extra handling you'll lose more and contaminate the hash with oils from your skin. I don't see where the end result would be worth the effort. :2cents:

OneCanSam

To give a different perspective, you could in theory do what you are saying but it seems like an awful lot of unnecessary work. Plus with all that extra handling you'll lose more and contaminate the hash with oils from your skin. I don't see where the end result would be worth the effort. :2cents:

I agree with Hempcat, the last thing you want to do is give it more heat. Heat is THC's enemy. In making these, the less heat the better.

It's just like storing your herbs, you want to keep them in an airtight container like a Tightvac(Not the clear ones) Then the container kept between 50-70* Fahrenheit. If say you kept the tightpaks in a outdoor storage shed in the summer, the heat would degrade the thc. The same basics apply in making these pressed herbs, the less heat in making these Makins extruder 'cylinders', the better.

ricard0

yeah so Michael's near me said they no longer stock the item and it was discontinued. What a load of crap, finally got one from PCM for 50 bucks in stainless steel. This thing is quality, thanks!

Stainless huh? Where'd you say you picked that up?