What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with 70/30 mix

Scram

Hello, I've recently bought some x-tane and its composition is 70% isobutane and 30% propane.

I went to distill my gas before I use it so I calculated my 80% fill of my system and I have my numbers now but when I open up my valve to allow my chamber to fill up with liquid gas it seems like it's just pulling pressure from the headspace instead of using the pressure in the headspace to push solvent up the dip tube.

Is it that my solvent tank was too cold and there was no pressure in the headspace of the lp tank?

Scram

I should add that my gas tank does not have a vapor valve it is one of those shitty disposable lp tanks.

Scram

I've gotten butane from this source before and my tank looked identical, but this one just doesnt seem to have a liquid dip tube.

Anyways thank you graywolf.

Latest posts

Latest posts