What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

do tricomes mature faster under 315's then hps/mh

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
normally under 1000watters we let the plants go 72/78days for mostly cloudy t'comes- we are now at 62days under 315's , and we are close to 75% cloudy... i know the old adage... if u think they are ready to be picked, give em another week/10days... since we r newbies with 315's , do the plants mature faster under cmh??

Iamnumber

normally under 1000watters we let the plants go 72/78days for mostly cloudy t'comes- we are now at 62days under 315's , and we are close to 75% cloudy... i know the old adage... if u think they are ready to be picked, give em another week/10days... since we r newbies with 315's , do the plants mature faster under cmh??

are you talking about same strains ? maybe you just have faster strain? ( you have not specified and sound like that would be the case)

depending what you are aiming for.. I would harvest now or in few days ..for high cbd .. maybe from few days to the max of the 10 days.

IF AND ONLY IF .. you have experience with the same strains over several runs that concur with 72/78 day flowering time and you are now experiencing 62 day flowering with cmh.. I AM EXTREMELY INTERESTED! .. please do controlled side by side study on your next grow that focuses on this.

Earlmarne

are you talking about same strains ? maybe you just have faster strain? ( you have not specified and sound like that would be the case)

depending what you are aiming for.. I would harvest now or in few days ..for high cbd .. maybe from few days to the max of the 10 days.

IF AND ONLY IF .. you have experience with the same strains over several runs that concur with 72/78 day flowering time and you are now experiencing 62 day flowering with cmh.. I AM EXTREMELY INTERESTED! .. please do controlled side by side study on your next grow that focuses on this.

Are you under the impression that later harvest results in cbd? This is news to me if so.
Interested in the results of maturation.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The general consensus is that flowers do ripen faster under CMH lamps. If you read through the threads, it is a very common reoccurring theme.

I'm running 630 CMH instead of 1k's, but running all seed, so I have not personally experienced this.

dank.Frank

Iamnumber

Are you under the impression that later harvest results in cbd? This is news to me if so.
Interested in the results of maturation.

yes. common knowledge afaik .. search forum/ google harvest time thc cbd . harvest to max cbd is ~week after peak time for thc. or so I have let myself be informed. (more amber )

naturally effects are more appliable to strains that actually have significant cbd in them.

I am searching (focus on) for medical characteristics ...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Are you under the impression that later harvest results in cbd?
There are some misconceptions being spread around on this subject. Lots of fertilizer.

A couple points:
THC does not convert to CBD, harvesting late means excessive CBN
Harvesting early creates a poor quality product
The 'slightly' higher CBD (when early cut) is not worth harvesting early

As for the CMH, does anyone have a link to a discussion on why it causes earlier harvest times? :)

chronic82

There are some misconceptions being spread around on this subject. Lots of fertilizer.

A couple points:
THC does not convert to CBD, harvesting late means excessive CBN
Harvesting early creates a poor quality product
The 'slightly' higher CBD (when early cut) is not worth harvesting early

As for the CMH, does anyone have a link to a discussion on why it causes earlier harvest times? :)

Garbage info on the harvest times. It’s all personal preference. Some ppl like the flavor of bananas when they are a little green, while others like the flavor when there is a few brown spots. There is no wrong time to harvest

chronic82

Basically if you want to go out and do stuff with your life harvest early. If you like to just sit on your ass and post random shit on the internet then harvest later

Douglas.Curtis

Quick dry some. If the effects last at least 2hrs, your harvest yield is not going to be severely impacted. High lasts 30 minutes? Your yield is going to be heavily impacted and now you have to use 4-6 times as much, for the same effect with 'on-time' harvested. ;)

chronic82

Quick dry some. If the effects last at least 2hrs, your harvest yield is not going to be severely impacted. High lasts 30 minutes? Your yield is going to be heavily impacted and now you have to use 4-6 times as much, for the same effect with 'on-time' harvested. ;)

The difference between early and late harvest is about 10 days for most the popular strains. With about 60 days being considered early and after 70 is late. The difference in yield of 60 day compared to 70 Day is barely nothing yet the high will be totally different. And ain’t nobody needing to smoke 4-6 times as much 60 to get the effects of 70 days

Douglas.Curtis

I disagree. Most strains are within a 'ripe' range for approximately 7-10 days, though probably quicker with CMH. :) Most 'early' cut I've come across is between 2-3 weeks early. This is a significant weight reduction, and a very large reduction in effect time.

Latest posts

Latest posts