What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gas light lighting method

Robbie vapez

I had to go 2 hours in the middle light period as they started to flower. Plants were on 18/6 for a few months so that might have something to do with it

I had some pre flower at 12/1, so I went with 12/2. Another spin I use off this tech is to run every other veg light 12/12, so theres no dark cycle, but your running half the wattage.
if youre doing it on every other Veg light you could benefit from a flip box then and have half as many ballasts firing on and hitting the high pull and amps etc... seems like a good idea

I had to go 2 hours in the middle light period as they started to flower. Plants were on 18/6 for a few months so that might have something to do with it

Yes. If you had the plants on 18/6 before switching them to the gas lantern routine...it would cause them to flower.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
This method has always interested me hearing about it but I've never made the leap. Nice to know for outdoor plants :2cents:

So question on gas lantern routine, can anyone comment on how the plants stretch when you choose to flower at 12-12? Same as always? or less?

Glr works great. Just as fast as 18/6 imo. If your still using HID lighting it will save u electricity but at the cost of shorter bulb life from igniting more. Led growers I see no reason why your not using the GLR light cycle it would extend an already long life span of the led's. I've been using GLR exclusively in veg for last two years minus the three months I had an autoflower in the tent and that was 18/6. Only difference I see is on GLR it seems the plant tries to "grow harder" putting more energy into growth tips and slightly more stretch but works for me cause I scrog if your not scrogging and want more bush (haha bush) 18/6 is more your friend. No hermies no forced flower no bs that u hear ppl talking abt GLR and I've grown a fair amount of different strains from super lemon haze (mostly sativa) to 8 ball kush (pure indica) and some in between all the same haven't hit one yet that didn't like it. Hope that helps. Best of luck.

Already answered LOL.

Latest posts

Latest posts