What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nanolux 1000w cmh

gmanwho

Veteran
Just ran across this over at growershouse dot com. Might have to try 2 or 4 of these out

https://growershouse.com/nanolux-1000w-ceramic-metal-halide-cmh-fixture-3k-4k

Cut an paste :

Details
Nanolux 1000w Ceramic Metal Halide (CMH) Fixture - 3K & 4K

This was the first 1000W CMH fixture on the market. Nanolux helped develop the dual arc tube 1000W CMH MaxPar Lamp. The ballast is a low frequency ballast designed specifically to run low frequency CMH arc tubes. This fixture can be used as a standalone flowering fixture. The reflector is optimized and photometrically designed for an even commercial overlap pattern with a 136° aperture.
Features:

Designed for 5’ on center spacing commercial overlap grid
Soft & Random start plug and play technology
Lowest profile DE on the market
Uses MaxPar 1000W CMH lamps in both 3K and 4K
4 dimming modes (500W,750W,875W,1000W) and wireless NCCS & wired 0-10V ready
208V-240V/277V
NCCS Ready
ETL Listed

gmanwho

Veteran
Theres 3 different reflectors available . ( shown in the video) i think i dig the open style reflector like the e-papillons

p0opstlnksal0t

sub'd. its either between these or Rev Micro DEva's in an upcoming 12kw room. i noticed they dont overdrive the bulbs past 1000w

MedResearcher

Veteran
Interesting fixture, thanks for posting it.

"4 dimming modes (500W,750W,875W,1000W) and wireless NCCS & wired 0-10V ready"

When it says, "wired 0-10V ready," do you think that means you could plug it into a gavita master controller, or any other controller? The NCCS just seems way to over complicated.

Thanks,
Mr^^

p0opstlnksal0t

nccs looks great! one of the main reasons im looking at nanolux. but yes i believe any 0-10v controller would be compatible.

really wish i could find some reviews on that 1000w DE CMH. I wonder if any Low freq. square wive ballast will drive those nanolux CMH bulbs

MedResearcher

Veteran
Interesting lamp, glad you posted about it. Also thanks for the reply.

One thing that concerns me. I did read, that the CMH 315/630s really kick ass because of the Phillips bulb.

No idea, how much truth is in that. I also recently had a guy tell me how the phillips 1k DE HPS bulbs are really good as well. So it seems like there might be a trend that phillips bulbs are really good.

I didn't dig very deep, but at first glance it seemed like the bulb choice might be very limited. Imagine with a little time, they will be common though.

Let me know, if you make the jump. Sadly I have maybe two weeks to decide myself. Might have to jump blindly.

Thanks,
Mr^^

p0opstlnksal0t

I've heard good things about like from heisenburg on another site say he likes the 1kw nanolux cmh. Then others have said they like standard deduction 1kw hps better as it's more intense. It's a single arc tube vs 2x half wattage arc tubes so naturally it seems it would be more intense

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I've had mine running for almost a month, it arrived with a cracked bulb that took a few weeks to get replaced.

I have it running next to a $53 Chinese 630 DE CMH bulb in a Gavita 750 flex set at 600 watts.

They are both hella bright, both supposed to be 4200K but the Nanolux 1000 looks way more yellow to my eyes.

The quality of the fixture is very nice, I prefer it to the Gavita in design with the low profile, my ceilings are 10 foot so it's no biggie.

My room is 6 x 9 so I wanted to use to 2 1000s or 3 630s but it's looking pretty bright in there and I'll see how it goes.

Latest posts

Latest posts