What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does anyone tip a budtender?

X

xavier7995

I havent really had many experiences where bud tenders would warrant a tip. The vast vast majority are just retail counter help and dont know much about what they are selling and push whatever they are trying to unload. I keep waiting for them to offer me a product replacement plan.

I have had a few that were great and well versed in weed. They didnt just grab some bs off the top shelf and say it was the best thing ever.

Am i not already paying for the product? if the service is bad, im not going there, if i ask what the genetics is and i get a "its really good kush" i just walk out shaking my head

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Anybody tip their budtender? Like a barber, waitress, belhop, etc. seems that some budtenders deserve some 'thanks' beyond a smile.

Just curious... and if you do tip - how much?

Its definitely a personal thing, some people tip every time and some don't tip at all. Me being a bud tender I really appreciate the tips. I have to wear a lot of hats when I work, asking the right questions and trying to give my best advice on what will help them in what ever they are trying alleviate. First time users have so many questions and its tough some times to know what to recommend and to never see them again to know if what they took home did anything for them. Most people these days are just passing thru, we even have a map of the world with pins to document the huge array of peeps.

Every day is different and really busy, I love it. Seeing so many different people from young to old...you never know when you look at someone these days if they smoke weed lol Its awesome!!

So do what works for you, if you dont think someone should get a tip then dont do it...I tip as good as the service is in any environment waitress bartender anyone....

h.h.

Veteran
No.

First of all I do not like to support employers under paying workers. It is not my job to pay the employees I am a customer supporting the business and then.. they want me to make up for them under paying workers ? If the workers have to beg for money they should just go out on the street and not support a business model like that.

Second I pay city tax, state tax, mj tax, rec mj tax and then the under paid worker is begging me for money ? It's like a jungle of blood/money sucking parasites.
You're really teaching those employers a lesson about underpaying employees. Im sure the employee is much better off for it. When they're stretching to pay their bills, I'm sure they're appreciating you efforts.
If you can afford to buy weed, you can afford to tip. If you want to be cheap, at least own it.

green404

You're really teaching those employers a lesson about underpaying employees.

Yes I am. Hopefully those employees will tell their employers they need a areal wage and cannot depend on begging for money to make a living.

A why are they begging for money at a "job" ? That is the real question. Lets not point fingers away at "cheap" customers.

h.h.

Veteran
Yes I am. Hopefully those employees will tell their employers they need a areal wage and cannot depend on begging for money to make a living.

A why are they begging for money at a "job" ? That is the real question. Lets not point fingers away at "cheap" customers.

All they have to do is tell them?

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
A budtender is a drug dealer?
Considering the people I bought my weed from knew how to grow it, cure it, and knew what strains they were selling, no, a budtender isn't even close to a drug dealer. A budtender is a person working in retail who deserves tipping as much as the next person serving you any prepackaged commodity. And if a person is working a job that requires tips to just reach a living wage, I'd blame the employer and people who use that establishment. But that's just like, my opinion, man.

We get tips without a tip jar at our shop, our staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and able to direct people into healing approaches. I also give them quarterly bonuses and lots of info to study.

Mengsk

Not sure how many tip jars I've seen at dispensaries. Yeah a little weird to see but those jobs have kind of replaced like blockbuster video, maybe pizza place jobs. I wouldn't try to assign a particular skill level to it. Maybe not super well paying but seems relaxed enough and employing people.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

No one is begging for money, thats ridiculous its just a thank you for the service we provide. why so mad?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awwwwww hell no!

We tip the wrong folks anyway and the law make it illegal to tip some of the folks that really deserve it.

And it's really unfortunate that some businesses expect their staff to make a living off of tips.

sdd420

Veteran
Just for the record ... there are no more buds in jars in California anymore ... everything is pre packaged . Little sample buds out to look at .. but everything is in sealed packages .. pre weighed ..... bud tenders just hand out packages now.

At least it’s tested and has the proper weight though but jeez it’s about the service for me and having a good attitude to at least show me the selections. I may want to ask some questions about clones,vapes etc. I’m gonna try to stop by Weed on my next trip to Seattle to say hi. Peace sdd

Mengsk

Wait until uber drones are growing it and delivering it to people in high rises; almost like we're living in the matrix.

green404

No one is begging for money, thats ridiculous its just a thank you for the service we provide. why so mad?

"thank you" doesn't need a jar. Money does.

No one is mad you are trying to discredit someone who won't tip you=aggressive.

You should not have to aggressively beg, demand or entice money from the public when you are working at a job. You should take a step back and ask yourself why you are working for such a low wage.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!

You should not have to aggressively beg, demand or entice money from the public when you are working at a job. You should take a step back and ask yourself why you are working for such a low wage.
Exactly! :)

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Where do you get that anything is demanded at my job? I love what I do and I love seeing the benefits of cannabis. I see it save lives everyday. I dont work for the tips its just a nice bonus and how the heck do you know how much I make??
Im going to smoke a fatty, I suggest you do the same :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts