What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rec in Durango?

Happy Times

Hi all

Yeah, I know dispensaries are in general not the place to be getting well grown flower in CO. That being said, any recommendations for well grown and flushed flower in Durango?

I did take a look on Craigslist too, but Durango doesn't even have a listing on there!

Thanks in advance

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've only been to two or three places in Durango.
Sante's (sp?) has decent flowers from what I recall.
If you like shatter, I picked up a g of Tres Star & it's both terpy & potent.

Happy Times

Great variety of different flower varieties at Santes, pretty pricey with top shelf going at 70/eighth, I picked up some ghost train haze in the $50 tier. Smaller lower buds which I'm guessing is why it was priced into that level. A nice juicy pungent aroma though, looks pretty decent. I was asking for the best grown and flushed buds so we will see how the smoke is.

Happened into a place called Rocky Mountain High which had $20 eighth specials after 7pm, good deal there though maybe not the bestest quality, sprung for some Wreckage.

Sampling upcoming...

Last edited:

Yodaweed

Great variety of flower at Santes, pretty pricey with top shelf going at 70/eighth, I picked up some ghost train haze in the $50 tier. Smaller lower buds which I'm guessing is why it was priced into that level. A nice juicy pungent aroma though, looks pretty decent. I was asking for the best grown and flushed buds so we will see how the smoke is.

Happened into a place called Rocky Mountain High which had $20 eighth specials after 7pm, good deal there though maybe not the bestest quality, sprung for some Wreckage.

Sampling upcoming...
That seems a bit expensive

Happy Times

One thing that was slightly annoying about Santes is that the budtender had to hold all the jar samples in his hand for me to inspect. A bit awkward especially if you want to check out a bunch of things. He was very helpful and friendly though, even mentioned he'd show me every strain if I wanted.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Greenery...

I think that's the place my bro n I went to once & asked to smell the Strawberry Cough they had. It smelled like shit & I told them so... Right in front of a bunch of other customers... I told the budtender that the jar smelled nothing like SC & they immediately removed it from the shelf, in front of those other customers.

I was laughing my ass off when we left.

PhishHead

The Greenery...

I think that's the place my bro n I went to once & asked to smell the Strawberry Cough they had. It smelled like shit & I told them so... Right in front of a bunch of other customers... I told the budtender that the jar smelled nothing like SC & they immediately removed it from the shelf, in front of those other customers.

Really, wow.. Maybe mislabeled, who knows.
I've never had a problem there. Their staff is actually friendly and don't rush you.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't get me wrong, I didn't have any problems with the staff what so ever. They wanted to help.

That particular jar was what I had a problem with. It wasn't Strawberry Cough!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
AHC, Alternative Healing Center, North of Durango a couple miles, has decent smelling gear. They've got 4g 1/8ths for $22. I picked up some Red Headed Stranger that smelled pretty good but only smoked ok. Smoke was slightly bland. My bro picked up Skywalker OG & it was a better choice. Smelled ok but was smoother and had a better high, for me.

The one guy behind the counter, late 40s to late 50s, was fun to chat with. He had pretty good experience with the products they were selling so it made it easier to make a semi informed choice.

truck

If you want to make the trip to Cortez, CO or just passing through, Try out The Herbal Alternative (T.H.A.) You can take a tour, every day at 2pm, and see how its grown.

The Greenery...

Man I wish more shoppers were like you. I havent seen real SC in 3 years. I bet those buds you smelled were orange tinted. Some shop is selling strawberry themed "enhancers" now along with the grape and lemon nonsense. Turns the buds orange. Coffee shops and dab lounges are having to ban 'fruit themed weed' because literally all of it you run across is rando booboo soaked in "terp juice". The last SC I smelled was exactly like the last one i purchased. Tastes worse than it smells. You can taste the eagle 20 they are trying to mask too. 4 dispensary flavors I've seen the most: Neem, milk, unflushed, and adulterant aka "sweetener" from the snake oil shop.

I dont like being singled out in a room of moronic fanboys so i rarely say something, but I know I can't hide my wtf face. Feel sorry for budtenders sometimes, try not to bring the drama but damn, sometimes it's necessary. This fake shit is everywhere. Smells nothing like weed. Makes you puke. Gives headache. Wrecks breathing.

Dispensaries sell artificialy scented bud by the ton. They all do it. I've seen at least one perfumed strain on every shelf. The vape don't lie. Legal weed is proliferating this type of crap. An entire scam industry aka the hydroponic shop. Flavored pesticides, essential oil infusion cabinets... And everyone's playing dumb about it. Unnatural weed is useless by all means.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Flavored pesticides, essential oil infusion cabinets... And everyone's playing dumb about it. Unnatural weed is useless by all means.
Happens a lot more than you'd think. Some shops don't train their personnel as the bottom line is sell, sell, sell. Recall in SO CO during flu season...bud tender used same gloved hand (rather than tongs) to reach in the jar, put the bud on the scales, wiped the scales with the gloved hand, then wiped her nose, took the $20's I gave her and counted out change without removing the glove. That was early on in the rec game in CO. That was enough for me to not ever return. Then, when I read on the dispensary bottle the chemicals used, I shook my head in disgust. I will grow my own (organically with NO pesticides, enhancers) until I die.

I also was curious of the quality in swco. Last time in Co was for phishdix '13. It was my only time in a rec disp. Nothing like a med disp back home. More like a pipeshop with weed. No extract wse! The quality and potency was sad sad sad face emoji!
My peeps with skills will be way tf up north and too far away.

Has anyone flown in with their stash to Co. I know Co makes a point of keeping it in state but California doesn't seem to give a shit nemor.....

Happy Times

Thought I should give a little update, went for Memorial Day 2018, some decent 4:20PM specials at Rocky Mountain High, like $120 for ozs, they had Tiger’s Milk and X18 shake, I ended up springing for the TM- pretty ok for the price there. Solid frosty nugs. Also got McGrupp on special, I liked this one, it’s got a backbone of some armpit/halitosis funk that I like and a stoney high. Also a $20 eighth of Blue Dream that smelled very nice and candied sweet, but smoked so-so IMHO, the high didn’t really grab me in the way I like.

Also hit Telluride bud Co. , asked the tender for the best grown flower and got some that I was happy with, she recommended the Strawberry Kush and Tangerine Haze which I sprung for, also sniffed out some Acapulco Gold which really looks/smells solid and tangy like Skunk #1, and purple kush which had a nice mellow sweet taste and a relaxing old-school high. Pretty decent flowers from this place and I’d go back.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I didn't realize that were this many people familiar with the Southwest corner of CO. I've been in Durango since end of August but still haven't been to a dispensary yet. Haven't been in any much though since I was living in Summit County years back...

Blest_II

I didn't realize that were this many people familiar with the Southwest corner of CO. I've been in Durango since end of August but still haven't been to a dispensary yet. Haven't been in any much though since I was living in Summit County years back...

I'm from the area as well. Haven't been back in forever. Grew up in Farmington, spent time in Telluride and Durango. I haven't been there for more then a couple days since 2005 . I'm sure a lot has changed. I remember getting drunk zig zagging my way down Main starting on College. Surprised I never got hit by a car as drunk as I was crossing the streets all night.

dedovede13

Honestly, I have visited most of the dispensaries and all the bud in looks and smells the same. All compact and frosty. No stickiness or pungent aromas whatsoever. How lame the herb has gotten since legalization. Glad I can grow my own.

Latest posts

Latest posts