What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

White Rhino x Pre-98 Bubba Kush FEM Cross - info and grow-along.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
They look yum yum!!

They are. :biggrin:

How did they taste after the cure?

It’s been a very busy summer. Apologies for the late reply. All taste and smoke great. The metallic/cheesy sharpness of #1 carried over to taste. #2 is a more candied/sweet/bubblegum-ish flavor. #3 more sharp and spicy tasting. #2 has a very similar stone to one of the Pre-98s that I grew. But better flavor, less cerebral-ness, and nice purplish coloring to boot (if bag appeal is important). It doesn’t happen often, in fact rarely, but the one I had my eye on from early on ended up being the winner, for me. Popping those three beans definitely wasn’t a waste of my time, energy, or space. I was rewarded nicely. :)

Really interested in knowing as well^ Love the variety of different looking buds and all look good.

Thanks 40! Hopefully I covered well enough what you were interested in knowing. If not, just ask. :tiphat:

PANIKZ

Vendor
Veteran
Great grow mate they look lovely, good yield off 420w , we have these in stock at Seed Boutique now thanks to Verdant Green I don’t think they will last long Going by this thread , well done mate

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Thanks PANIKZ for the kind words! They’re great genetics, for sure. I doubt anyone grabbing them will be disappointed. There’s clearly a range to select from.

I saw your post that VG’s gear was in stock shortly after you posted and immediately went to the site. Got excited seeing PTK listed but alas I was once again too late. Must’ve went fast! Best wishes to you and the shop and thanks for helping get those old treasures out to folks! :tiphat:

Thanks VG!

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shmavis, thanks for coming back to put the finishing touches to a great grow-along of the WRxbubba

glad you liked!

VG

Last edited:

Greenthumber

Great looking plants shmavis! Hopefully my half of that bean bag hashes out like yours did! Actually being the reason I’m here (directed at vg) Or anyone that can provide input for that matter. I have some pre 98 bubbas and some pre 98 x wr fems I’m leaning towards popping outdoors this coming season now that the mitten went full recreational. Any news of outdoor grows with these beans or how mold/cold resistant they are? I initially thought I might be alright with flower time but now seeing shmavis went 12 weeks has me questioning myself

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Where are you? lattitude?

Because of the density i personally would only run these in a greenhouse but im fairly far north and they probably wouldnt finish out side here.

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Great looking plants shmavis! Hopefully my half of that bean bag hashes out like yours did! Actually being the reason I’m here (directed at vg) Or anyone that can provide input for that matter. I have some pre 98 bubbas and some pre 98 x wr fems I’m leaning towards popping outdoors this coming season now that the mitten went full recreational. Any news of outdoor grows with these beans or how mold/cold resistant they are? I initially thought I might be alright with flower time but now seeing shmavis went 12 weeks has me questioning myself

Thanks brother!

I say go for it! If I remember correctly Slab was pulling them more around 9 weeks. I honestly feel that the COB panel they were flowered under - although others make claims to the contrary about finish time under LED lights - caused them to take longer to finish. Also, they were seed plants. So possibly some time could be shaved with clones. And who knows what that big HID in the sky will do to them. Pop a WR x Pre-98 and a Pre-98 S1. Like around the new year. Grow 'em out and take some cuttings, then out with clones in the spring...

Outdoors is going to be a learning curve; and boy howdy I can't wait to learn!

Greenthumber

Thanks brother!

I say go for it! If I remember correctly Slab was pulling them more around 9 weeks. I honestly feel that the COB panel they were flowered under - although others make claims to the contrary about finish time under LED lights - caused them to take longer to finish. Also, they were seed plants. So possibly some time could be shaved with clones. And who knows what that big HID in the sky will do to them. Pop a WR x Pre-98 and a Pre-98 S1. Like around the new year. Grow 'em out and take some cuttings, then out with clones in the spring...

Outdoors is going to be a learning curve; and boy howdy I can't wait to learn!
Yeah I was thinking the same thing with the big hid up there lol! But yes I definitely will be popping them early just Incase the first set don’t pop (not that I have doubts) and will be taking 2 or 3 clones of each because well you just never know! The outdoors is definitely a new adventure for me as well but I’m definitely excited to experience the outdoors and the learning curve to come with it!!

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

Great thread, some nice grows. I’m Enjoying this variety very much. Very potent stuff. Here’s 2 plants from seed in a scrog. They did stretch a hell of a lot. In a 4x 4 tent. Under a 630w CMH. Week 5.5 from flip.

Attachments

• 48DDFABE-56A2-4487-9D1B-4DB0851FA1D2.jpg
    48DDFABE-56A2-4487-9D1B-4DB0851FA1D2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 63

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice X verdant
That really is the famous white rino cut from where i live in North London used , very nice X you made.

I wonder if you still hold that rino cut as the rino crew lost it years ago and would be cool if it could get back to them.
Many rooms were filled in North london with this rino cut and a famous Haze cut i wonder if you have heard of also called Peng.
The rino used to make amazing Hash.

Nice work either way ?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey ojd, thanks for checking in! yes i am loving this cross, possibly my best so far.
Nice to hear about the WR cut, i know very little about it tbh, so glad you recognize it. It is very cheesy smelling when i grow it - but my organics seems to bring out those kind of terpenes. The combination with the bubba seems to really bring out an intensity and potency ... i have just crossed the WR with my C4DD chem line , mainly because this cross was so successful.

Skunkfunk - looks very nice, glad you like the cross.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow bro that rino X the C4dd sounds like a Hasmakers and terp chasers dream date , i expect it to be something real greasy and special , nice work.

I expect the Buba rino would be another extremely special 1 as both are like Hash plants, extremely dense ,loud and extreme Resin , some real nice work your doing bro :tiphat: , defo recommend these Rino X's for any Indica or Resin chaser.

Peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks ojd for the kind words... and for filling in some of the blanks on the WR cut that i knew less about that you !

yes, the Bubba x WR is more potent than both of its parents and i'm pretty pleased with that !

stay safe,

VG

GlandualFever

Seen as that legendary cut is still alive, would you pot some pics of her in veg and flower @verdantgreen. ... @ojd should also know that there were 2 cuts in circulation, one having less vigor and slightly less potent but a suitable backup so to speak with similar terps and look. But if you grew the real deal You most certainly could tell The difference. Yes we all want it back but the cut seemed to vanish into non existence. It was getting old and I wonder if the vigor would still the same

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi, yes will post up some more pics as soon as i have some. I may try and reverse this as well- to make some S1s. I find it to be a very fast rooter from clone... roots in about half the time of anything else i have, around a week.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
420giveaway
Great to hear this cutting is still about and in safe hands, looks like some marvellous work being done. Looking forward to seeing what you get up to with her.

The rhino I smoked in 2001-3 was probably the best I've ever had. You don't see the strain about these days in flower or seed form, so if it can be preserved for future generations, you're doing a real service to the genepool VG!

Peace

madalasatori

Veteran
I’ve got three of these at week four currently and one of them is an absolute beast. Looks like it will yield 3x that of the others and has a big central cola. Looks and smells like quintessential boom weed that I remember from the turn of the century. Very frosty indeed and has a sweet almost bubble gummy type smell although the smell isn’t particularly strong at this stage.

It also has fan leaves that curl in like a bulls horns which I’ve not seen before

The big girl looks nothing like any of the bubba cuts I’ve seen but I’ve not grown much bubba so wouldn’t know too much about that.

It would be great to see more pics of the original cut in flower.

Will post pics before harvest, nice work VG

Last edited: