What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Northern Lights x Deep Chunk

Tynehead Tom

Hey all
I got these beans in a recent seedbay auction where Verdant Green donated one pack of them. I consider myself pretty fortunate to have been the winning bidder :D

Anyhow, figured I'd start a thread here and document the grow as I know there are some folks that would appreciate it.

The pack came with 11 beans and on Christmas day I put them to germinate. Simple method, RO water , papertowels, in a ziploc bag put in a cupboard at room temp.
48hours later 9 beans had short tails and all 11 went into small starter pots, sunshine mix 4.
vegging these under 128 watts of 4100K T8 floros.

as of today, 9 seedlings made it above ground :woohoo:
My plan will be to veg these 5 to 6 weeks and clone them. As soon as I have a rooted cut of each of the 9 plants, the seed plants will be sealed together for an open pollination. Hopefully i get a good spread of ladies and studs.

So, I'll pop back in here weekly to update and will have some pics for the next update.

cheers and a big thanx to Verdant Green for droppin this pack in the auctions :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'll be interested to see how this goes. thanks for posting!

VG

Tynehead Tom

I will be watching how these fair.
Any chance of f2's.... :bigeye:

I only have 9 seedlings but my plan is to open pollinate for an F2.
The F2 should hold lots of good stuff to go thru i'm thinkin.
I'll only spread those beans around with Verdant Green's blessing but we aren't anywhere close to having any f2 beans. Will cross that bridge when the time comes ;) but yes, i'm not growing these out to fill my jars with flowers.... I am growing them out to produce seed ;)

MTNMEN

Your one of a very few group of folks here i would come back here to watch there journal. Thankyou for starting it.

Tynehead Tom

well fellas, thanx for the support, it is big time appreciated ;)
I will do my best to not disappoint as I know there are quite a few people following the various deep chunk threads right now. It's a classic and i hope it shows thru in these beans even tho they are a cross.

Tynehead Tom

wow a week has slid by and i still haven't located the patch cord for my camera so i can get some pics up.
despite some thrips giving me headaches, the 9 seedlings are progressing well. Some very fat leaves forming on some. Vigor is good and these are keeping up with the other varieties in this seed pop. I have them transplanted up to solo cups to build some roots.
I'm gonna try real hard to get some pics this week as they are getting far enough along now that they will be interesting to look at :D

Dirt Life

Veteran
well fellas, thanx for the support, it is big time appreciated ;)
I will do my best to not disappoint as I know there are quite a few people following the various deep chunk threads right now. It's a classic and i hope it shows thru in these beans even tho they are a cross.

You will, DC is very dominant in crosses, although Ive never grown a DC/BK cross, and they share similarities, sounds like a great cross! Even in a backross away from DC in a DC hybrid, she still comes through pretty well. Anyways, good luck, Tom! Nice score on the beans!

Edit: Im an idiot and cant read apparently, sorry. Was thinking Bubba Kush for some reason, still soumds awesome, though... :)

Tynehead Tom

wow I can't believe that I am this late to such a thread.

it's okay, you still got in before the real good stuff :D

glad to have a few folks following along.... will help keep me on point LOLZ
will get working on some pics to put up over next few days

Dakine

Veteran
Haha I feel you bro. MAkes you sit up and proper when you got A buncha people taking A seat to watch your grow haha.. You shouldnt have A problem at all with them butterflies in your stomach homie! Your past grows where some good shit, No Doubt !

Tynehead Tom

hmmmmmm gawdamm I wish i had some pics for you guys LOLZ but I'm gonna make ya wait another day, maybe two.
Super fat leaved plants so far and I am really liking what i am seeing. The chunk influence appears strong at this early stage. We are at 33 days from putting the beans to soak as of today. They got one feeding of 1/4 strength nutes and are still in solos under the T8 florescents. I think 1 more week and these will get a transplant to 1 gallon pots for a few weeks.
I found all my camera crap so will get some pics ASAP. Other than some thrip damage, they are all showing excellent vigor and many look like clones of each other.
stay tuned , will update again in next 48 hrs with some pics.